“BEST IN THE CITY”

Custom & Private New York Tours Inc
Ranked #21 of 673 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Providing memorable, engaging, fun and informative tour experiences in New York City is our passion. By targeting our guest's interests, preferences and whims by collaborating with them enables us to create perfect tour itineraries. Every tour focuses on our guest's specific desires ensuring that everyone will enjoy experiences on the highest level of satisfaction due to our fastidious attention to detail. An experienced, enthusiastic and informative licensed New York City guide will meet you and yours at the time and place you wish together with a chauffeured luxury vehicle, sized to accommodate your group. You will be captured by an entertaining presentation of "the story" at each site as well as sites along the way in the most entertaining and amusing way. We stimulate conversation and questions providing informative answers within a social and cordial atmosphere. Whether you are planning a first visit with friends and family, an anniversary celebration, a corporate event, a college candidate's orientation or any special occasion, even a marriage proposal, we create the perfect experience delivering outcomes beyond your expectations. Accommodating those with special needs such as walking challenges is never a problem for us navigating to minimizing walking. Our staff of licensed New York City guides speak over fourteen languages enabling us to embrace a global audience and fill the needs of those who prefer tours conducted in their native language. Let's plan your tour built around you topical (architecture, history, famous people, neighborhoods, etc.) interests as well as your site requests. We ensure that your time with Custom & Private will enable you to take home a piece of The Big Apple in your head and heart as well. Thank you!
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We have been to NYC several times and taken several kinds of tours, walking, bus, guided and unguided. This was absolutely the best tour ever! The booking, online and on the phone with Aline, was exceptional. She was so helpful in planning the tour and finding out our interests. And Annie, our tour guide was exceptional. She was fun and so knowledgeable about the history of all the NY sites. We toured in a new Suburban with an excellent driver. Even though this is an expensive tour, we felt it was worth every penny and enabled us to see and learn more than we ever would on our own. I cannot say enough good things about this company and Annie! Highly recommended!

Custom_and_Private, Owner at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thanks for sharing your tour experience with TripAdvisor. We appreciate your taking a few moments to do so. So glad that you enjoyed your tour.
Best regards,

in 9 reviews
"top of the rock"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We traveled to New York in August 2017 (YES, I’m a little late on this review) this was my son’s first trip (he is 11 years old) to the big apple and we wanted to make sure we saw everything a first timer to New York needed to see!! Cliff was incredible from the FIRST email and phone call. (He even gave me driving directions into the city!!) He helped me plan this super special trip. (Not just the tour but the for the others day we were in town)

The tour started RIGHT on time and the SUV and DRIVER were perfect!! My son was super excited to sit in the front seat and have the BEST seat in the car!! We saw Central Park, The Plaza, Trump tower (My son was super excited to see this), St, Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central, 9/11, Wall street and SO MUCH MORE!!! Ever stop Cliff gave us a history lesson and some cool facts!! And best part my 11 year old was enjoying the whole tour. We had the BEST pizza in New York for lunch!! (YUMMY) And then to end the tour was a special treat that was of course all for my son, the best CANDY store in the lower east side!

There was NO WAY I could have even planned and seen HALF of what Cliff did!!! He was very organized and even changed things around when the rain started to keep us dry. He was super knowledge, funny, entraining and a GREAT New Yorker!!! THANK FOR EVERYTHING CLIFF!!! You are amazing!!

Custom_and_Private, Owner at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

HI Tasha,
There's no need to apologize for being "late" writing your review! So many make promised and then I just guess life gets in the way. It was a wonderful day and certainly. Rudy, at age 11, is a fine, fun and very energized young man. I know he learned and enjoyed himself throughout the tour because his eyes were wide opened and he just couldn't sit still. Those are the kind of kids that fuel everyone and it really adds to the experience. So glad you all enjoyed New York City. And I'm delighted that you choose Custom & Private New York Tours.
Best,

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I brought my 83 year old Dad to NYC with me on a business trip. We just lost my mother in July and I wanted an experience that would be magical. Cliff and I communicated several times prior to our tour date carefully planning the agenda. It was the best day ever. My dad got experience NYC through the eyes of an experienced local. At the end of the day Cliff gave my Dad some beautiful matted photos, note cards and his book. My dad calls me every day with another story from Cliff's book. In addition, when we got home, Cliff sent more photos and a personal note to my dad. With another guide it could have been just another tour, another day - with Cliff it was a truly personalized experience and a MAGICAL DAY for my dad and I. I highly recommend Custom & Private New York Tours if you want a personal touch with lots of knowledge.

Hi Sharon,
This tour was such a "high" for you, me and especially Bill, your 83 year old dad. This was his dream trip having never been to New York City. Together we planned it well and we giggled watching the enthusiasm and joy that Bill reveal. Truly a marvelous experience for all. I appreciate that you mentioned when we spoke during my followup phone call that Bill was calling you nearly day by day reading portions of my book about New York that he found reading to you would be worth an ear. :) I'm delighted that together we really collaborated on an act of kindness one that will never be forgotten!
You're terrific!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Cliff organized a great day for our family from Italy who does not speak English with a private Italian speaking guide. Rita the tour guide was excellent. My wife and I were on the tour with our family and it was well organized and my family thoroughly enjoyed the day seeing all the highlights. This was the second trip Cliff organized for us. Great people, great guides, great time and they make NYC easy! Millie grazie.

Hi Joe,
So glad that you booked this second tour with us so that the rest of your family from Italy were able to "catch up" with the others, so to speak. Rita is a marvelous guide and as all our foreign language guides we are very picky and only the top guides who can connect with those from other lands our guides are familiar with their cultures and New York's as well. Building on that all these succeed quite well. From Russian, to Mandarin, Japanese or France, Spanish and German, Portuguese as well. We'll proud to be able to provide wonderful private tour experiences for those who require their native languages. Thanks for posting your review, it's most appreciated.
All the best,

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Daryl and I arrived in New York on August 10, 2017. Our private tour with Cliff was set for August 11, 2017. We were not sure what to expect. Cliff picked us up from our hotel and off we went. We could not have asked for anything better. We visited Brooklyn...walked around by the waterfront and took many pictures. Went to Grand Central Terminal, Chinatown, and Little Italy. Cliff was so helpful and knowledgeable about all the sights. Words cannot express how grateful we were to have chosen Cliff to make our first trip to NYC memorable. Cliff is a first rate tour guide!

1  Thank Liz P

Hi!
We accomplished a lot and really got to see much more then you had expected. Knowing how to cut corners, take the best routes and work around the traffic is a big plus. Planning your tour in advance, together, and making last minute changes along the way, keeping it flexible is a huge advantage that public tours just can't provide. It was fun for all. Many thanks for booking your tour with us and so glad that shared your experience with TripAdvisor readers.
Best regards,