“Take the Gelato class its fun!”
Review of Mia Chef Gelateria

Mia Chef Gelateria
Ranked #265 of 438 Dessert in New York City
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Seating
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
New York
“Take the Gelato class its fun!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My son and I ( he is 10) just took the gelato making class. We both had a great time. The class considted of my son, myslef, and 5 other young ( 20 somehting) females. Everyone was super nice and Chef Jason was vey knowledgeable. We made all the gelato flavors we brought home. So we made 4 types and came home with 4 pints each. Everything came out super delicious. We had along trip back up North and brought coolers with us to try and keep the gelato from melting.. it stillmelted ( was 100 degress out) but not too terribly bad. So bring a cooler if you have one, they will put it inthe freezer for you. If I had to complain aboout anything I would say that we didnt get to choose our flavors and the ones chosern for us werent overly exciting. We made Cookies and Cream, panacotta, Strachiatella and Chocolate. Again, all yummy..but..Would have loved to make some fun ones like Capn crunch or peanut butter cups etc..but alas we were super happy and my son proclaimed it was the best birthday gift he has ever gotten! Might have been the gelato or might have been the bevy of pretty young ladies surrounding him :-) Go mom!

• Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect dessert!”
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

We were looking for dessert late on Sunday night and luckily came across the store just before they closed. The lady who served us was lovely and the gelato was amazing! I got a regular (2 scoops) and it was huge. We loved it!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delicious Gelato”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We brought home a pint of coffee and a pint of Nutello gelato and it was enjoyed by all. Thery have a nice variety of flavors and you are sure to find one to your liking.

• Visited January 2012
Caldwell, NJ
“One word: YUUUUMMMMMMM”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We spent 10 days in Italy, sampling geloto daily. Mia Chef Gleateria rivals the best we had.

The service is friendly at this tiny spot. And don't be put off by the size of the miniscule cups, because at least the few times I've been there, the servers mound the geloto atop the cup. You can choose more than one flavor.

Sometimes the company has deals on buywithme, groupon and such for geloto making classes. I bought a groupon for my family -- will report back after we take the class.

• Visited October 2011