“Blah”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: For fans of TLC’s hit reality show, Cake Boss, the wait is finally over. Welcome to Cake Boss Cafe, the only place in Manhattan to experience the authentic, old world taste of Hoboken, New Jersey’s legendary Carlo’s Bakery – home of the Cake Boss himself, master baker and renowned cake decorator, Buddy Valastro.Combining time-honored tradition with Buddy’s unique and innovative signature baking style, Cake Boss Cafe features a wide variety of tasty treats including fresh cannolis, lobster tails, tiramisu, cookies, cupcakes and countless other scrumptious Cake Boss creations delivered fresh daily from Carlo’s Bakery.
New Rochelle, New York
“Blah”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Ok I just went to this place because my mom watches the show. The store was so packed we had to get a number and wait about 30 min to get called to place my order. The inly thing we wanted to try was The Tiramisu and they were sold out. We ended up getting the cannoli instead which wasn't that great. I think people come here more for the name than anything else. I've eaten better desserts some place else. I'm not wasting my time again.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Buddy you may be the boss, but you need to buck your ideas up!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

WHAT AN UNDERWHELMING EXPERIENCE!

My wife and I have been Cake Boss fans for years and Buddy's was near the top of our list when we booked NYC for our honeymoon. We were disappointed when we thought we weren't going to have time to visit Hoboken and the real Carlo's Bakery until we found out about the Cake Boss Cafe just before we left the UK.

Anyway... we left the Cake Boss Cafe until our last day in NYC. We decided we'd go at breakfast time and start the day the wrong way... Cake and coffee :D

We got there just before 9, and the shop was very quiet. We chose our cake(s - it would be rude not to have 2 each!) and sat down on the shared tables. The cakes we had were a cannoli (me), red velvet cake (me), chocolate moose cake (Mrs) and a cookie (Mrs). I've got to say I've had nicer cakes from Asda (WalMart for my American cousins)!

I've never ate a cake with less taste than those dished up by Buddy and his minions! After spending over $30 expecting a culinary experience, I was actually dished up a Times Square expensive imitation! Don't get me wrong, the cakes looked amazing but it was definitely a case of style over substance.... seeing is not believing folks.

A PLEA TO BUDDY.....

I know you're now raking money in hand over fist because of your TV show, but c'mon, if you carry on like this your reputation will be ruined.... just look at some of the reviews on here! Please stop cutting the obvious corners you are and remember cakes should taste great first and look good second.

Anyway, if I'm ever back in NYC I won't be wasting my time in the Cake Boss Cafe again... I actually doubt it will be there much longer if our experience was anything to go by!

• Visited April 2014
7 Thank DaveC1892
Waxhaw
“Cake Boss or Cake trainee”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When walking around New York my daughter happily pointed out the Cake Boss Cafe. We enter the place to shock how cool it was and how pretty the deserts look. The line was long but they worked fast. BUT the price to size was ridiculous. After getting our order I realized how the employees were using the same gloves to touch eachother to touch the food they served. It became a problem to just have our order put in boxes since there was little to none seats forcing us to take it to go. After arriving at our hotel my husband tried out the cannoli and said it was terrible threw it away after two bites. My daughter order chocolate mousse with strawberries and after we both tasted it chocolate mousse was tasteless as well as the strawberries. The worst part was my cupcake after checking my cupcake on the train the cupcake was placed crooked and the frosting off. I took off the leftover frosting on the velvet cupcake and found hair YES HAIR! No one in my family has blonde hair. The overall experience of food was just throwing it in the trash. Maybe the actual Cake Boss resteraunt is better than the cafe but that wasn't our experience.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Cupcakeesposito
Minot, North Dakota
“Cake Boss Crumbs”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The line was very long. You take numbers...many people left before their number was called. When it was our turn some of the popular flavors of cupcakes and pastries were gone so you went with your 2nd or 3rd choice. Very little seating. Had to stand and eat or take it with you. Many people took pictures with the Cake Boss caricature statue. Would not wait in line again.

Visited June 2014
“Slightly underwhelming”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Have had much nicer desserts for a better price. Quite a conveyor belt system in place in terms of customer service. Not as big a choice as I would have expected and definitely could have been cleaner.

• Visited August 2014