“An NYC experience you won't forget!” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$139.55*
and up
Bateaux New York Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us aboard Spirit of New York and Spirit of New Jersey for a fun mix of dining, dancing, entertainment and skyline views. Cruising the Hudson River year-round, Spirit has a variety of lunch, dinner, moonlight and holiday cruises like Mother's Day, plus dozens of themed cruises, to choose from.
Youngstown, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An NYC experience you won't forget!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I went on this cruise with a big group of friends and we had a great time! The food was absolutely delicious, the DJ played a good variety of music that everybody enjoyed dancing to, and the service was great too. I really loved that we had the opportunity to go outside and on the upper deck to take in the stunning sights of NYC at night. The city is beautiful from the water with all the lights of all the buildings and the boat even stopped in front of Lady Liberty so we could all take pictures. Definitely more than worth the cost but the memories and fun we had was priceless. I would recommend this cruise to anybody who is looking for a memorable night filled with laughter, dancing, music, amazing food and the jaw dropping sights of the Big Apple!

1 Thank s_witte

Brooklyn, New York
“Sensational Cruise around the Big Apple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The whole experience was great. I went on the cruise with a group of my friends and we had a blast ! We danced, sang, took memorable pictures and the food was delicious; all while getting to see NYC.

Hollywood, Florida
“Talk about a GOOD time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The food was great, the music and DJ were great! My friends and I danced and laughed for hours. Even though it was freezing (December 30, 2013) we were able to take some phenomenal photos on the top deck after dinner!! Will def go on this cruise again!

Buffalo, New York
“The ultimate in NYC experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had the pleasure of going on this cruise the day before New Years Eve with 14 of my friends, and it was more than worth the cost. Every one likes to tour NYC and see all of the sites, but people forget just how large the city is. This experience gives you the chance to circle the city in all it's glory. You get pictures right in front of the brooklyn bridge and the statue of liberty in all it's glory. There is wonderful food and a great atmosphere.

Beyond the food and the sightseeing, it's the experience and the people aboard that make it an experience that you can't pass up. I may be 21 with many other 20 somethings that I came with. However, the experienced staff on the trip had all of us dancing and singing with men, women, and children ages 5-75. Many of my female friends tried a hand at ballroom dancing with a very spry old foreign man who made our night,

In the end, the people you bring with you, coupled with the people there, and the staff's ability to bring them together, is an unbelievable experience.

Mahwah, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“July 4 Fireworks Cruise: One (Star) if by Sea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I'm writing this review because I did not see much out there on the New York City fireworks cruises. Spirit did seem to have good reviews on Yelp, but I strongly recommend avoiding their July 4 cruise at all costs.

We arrived and stood in a long line in the burning sun for 45 minutes. And we arrived late. Isn't the whole point of being on the boat to avoid waiting around on lines if watching from land?

We boarded and we had no table-- this despite paying $1300 for our party of 4. Here is the only positives: the crew deserves credit, as they worked to find us and several other forgotten guests tables. And there was a good selection of alcohol.

The food was "ok", but the real point is the fireworks, right? Well, the best viewing area was closed off to a private party (Nick Jonas had the entire top deck reserved... good for him and interesting for my daughter, but terrible for watching fireworks).

There was just such a small viewing area... and so instead of fighting for positioning on land, people were fighting for a view on the cramped boat. I felt bad for the kids on board as they couldn't see anything. Couple this with the fact that people went way over the top on the booze and everyone was holding i-pads in the air to record the fireworks and the experience was dreadful.

Plus, Spirit did not pipe in the accompanying music, which the fireworks are synchronized to, which was a disappointment (they stuck with DJ music).

There is so much more to write, but here is the bottom line on this major disappointment:

The boat has 5 levels, so it just isn't built to have everyone go up on deck all at once (especially when it is at maximum capacity and crowded everywhere).

If you want to take a fireworks cruise, save some money and actually see the fireworks by going on the Circle Line, Statue Cruises, or even better yet, a ferry boat. The ferry boat is built for it-- flat and a view of the sky for everyone with bench seating.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank DBV1
Cruises42, Manager at Spirit of New York, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Hello – A Spirit cruise should be an unforgettable way to celebrate July 4th and we apologize that your experience was so disappointing. We strive to create a memorable atmosphere for our guests and it’s clear we failed to do so on your cruise. We take customer feedback very seriously and would like to resolve the situation. I have sent you a private message so we can personally follow up with your issues.

Rebecca