“Great Venue”

US$139.55*
and up
Bateaux New York Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us aboard Spirit of New York and Spirit of New Jersey for a fun mix of dining, dancing, entertainment and skyline views. Cruising the Hudson River year-round, Spirit has a variety of lunch, dinner, moonlight and holiday cruises like Mother's Day, plus dozens of themed cruises, to choose from.
Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Venue”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Was in NYC for a conference and one night it included a dinner cruise. Plenty of seating for everyone. No complaints about the food and I can be a bit picky, it was excellent and full of flavor. Everything was delicious. There were multiple buffets setup on all levels of the ship so the lines went quickly. The crew was friendly and willing to get you anything you needed. Course the best part were the views. The only problem is that Mother Nature didn't cooperate and it was rainy.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank OBXKate

Syracuse, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing View”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our family took the luncheon cruise on the Hudson River during the holiday weekend. It was a beautiful afternoon and the weather was great! The buffet was diverse and I had a beautiful cocktail that was quite tasty.
After lunch, we went up to the upper deck and watched the scenery and the skyline as we sailed. It was amazing! All the new construction and the Freedom tower and Statue of Liberty made it a wonderful trip. My grandchildren had a great time.

The only drawback was the number of people the waitress was trying to serve. Additionally, there should have been signage to direct people who need handicap access.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank EBW47
Tierra Verde, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Good, Not Great”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The views are 5 stars, the food is 3, the service is 2 - just serving to many people and not enough time to tend to the guests needs appropriately. It's a good trip, don't get me wrong, and we both felt like a good value for the money spent. It was good, just not great.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dave P
Wimborne, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not worth the expense”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Let me explain. We chose the buffet rather than the dinner. As we sat at our table at the dock we were told the buffet was ready !! I understood this was a dinner / buffet cruise not floating restaurant.The food was very poor bland and tasteless.For the money the food was disgracefull. Be warned. We ate at the Olive Garden in Times Square after the cruise - great value for money, but that is for another review. The drinks were very expensive $10.00 for a Corona Extra. Spirit Cruises request that clients wear smart casual. No T shirts, flip flops or shorts. My wife and I dressed accordingly, many others did not !!. What made matters worse were the noisy kids and teenagers screaming and shouting continually taking "selfies"on the outside decks. It was like Times Square but on water.Not the stylish romantic cruise we were expecting.Strolling the decks to take in the views was impossible. There are plus points. The boat was spacious and well appointed. The views of the New York skyline at night were amazing when you could see them

Visited June 2014
2 Thank 1Feathers
Carolyn C, Manager at Spirit of New York, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi there -

While we're glad you liked the vessel and the views, we are very sorry that you didn't enjoy the food and cruise experience. It sounds like you may have been on a cruise with a student group which can take away from the romance our product typically brings. None of this sits well with us and we would really like to discuss your experience further. Please reach out to me at CCasanova@entertainmentcruises.com to discuss your cruise.

Thank you for your review!
Leeds, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Amazing! ”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I booked the dinner cruise as a surprise for my boyfriends birthday. It's by far one of the best nights we've ever had!

I paid for the first class on top of the booking which I would definitely recommend. A bit pricey but if you're going to have a few drinks it's worth it as works out much cheaper. your guaranteed a seat, most of them are window seats anyway so I wouldn't bother paying for guaranteed window. Champagne on arrival and the waitress was topping it up throughout the night.

The food was standard..if your going for the food I would probably go on another cruise as it's just a simple buffet pasta chicken etc. Nice though!

The views were amazing and the captain stopped at the statue of liberty for a good 15 20 minutes so people could go to the top deck for pictures.

Friendly staff, great music, just an allround fantastic night would 100% recommend anybody to go!!!

1 Thank Lauren_84x