“Great”

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Los Angeles, California
“Great”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Although busy and buzzy and the music may be a hair too loud for comfortable conversation the bartender was great and friendly. We add a delicious meal at the bar - food was delicious - throughly recommend the seaweed salad and lobster roll. good, convenient in this hood

• Visited June 2014

• Indonesian first
montclair, nj
“Typical, No Notable Problems”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

There are lots of Japanese restaurants around; just standing on the sidewalk in front of this place, I could see two others. This place was perfectly satisfactory in terms of food and service, and a problem my wife had with her entree (more her own issue than a shortcoming of the restaurant) was dealt with graciously and promptly. The food, both sushi and cooked dishes, were perfectly good, though not in any way unusually so. Nothing we had seemed botched or unpleasant in any way. The fish seemed very fresh and carefully cut, and nicely presented. The selection of alcoholic beverages as nicely varied. If there's an issue with this place it might be the noise. Tables are very closely spaced, the acoustics are poor, and there's a driving rythm of pop music being played constantly. Not exactly zen-like, and I don't think I heard anything the waiter said until he had repeated it at least once. In essence, this is a place you can go and be reasonably assured of a pleasant meal.

• Visited May 2014
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“When Ya Gotta Go, They respond”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We arrived late after traffic delays for our reservation at this very busy 43rd street eatery. Gotta make the 8 pm curtain? No problem as the staff responded beautifully bringing us our drinks, appetizers and meal in record time. They honored our reservation despite being 30 minutes late and seated us immediately in front of a throng of waiting guests without reservations.

The tuna tartare was excellent as well as the beef roll-ups and seared scallops. Oh to have had the time to stick around for more dishes!

• Visited April 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Lunch- if you can't get a seat”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I found this place starving and wandering around Times Square. I hit it right before lunch the first time and squeezed into the sushi bar. They have gluten free soy sauce if you ask for it. I ordered the sushi lunch plate. A spicy tuna roll and 8 pieces of assorted sushi it was a lot for one person and I thought it was a great deal at $23 for lunch sushi in NYC. It was so delicious I went back a couple days later after their lunch rush for another solo lunch. The sushi is fresh and the portion for that plate is large. Great amount for lunch. The place is packed at lunch with lots of business people. Not touristy at all. Hit I tight before lunch time or right after their rush. The line was out the door the first time I went. Very good. Will definitely go back next time we are there.

Bronx, New York, USA
“Sit at the Sushi Bar during Happy Hour”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

with $4 and $8 items I think you can make yourself very happy during the Happy Hour here - though if your going to be there for a while and not driving afterwards might I recommend the reg priced Scorpion Punch Bowl @ $18 - Jim Beam Red Stag black cherry bourbon, Reiko sake, Svedka vodka, Disaronno amaretto, pineapple juice and orange juice - it's there Long Island Ice Tea...

• Visited December 2013