“great apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kimbarrie
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“great apartment”
Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We stayed with our 2 teenage boys (17 and 15) for 4 nights in October. The weather was perfect sunny and warm. The apartment is so close to the train which takes you quickly and easily to the main tourist areas of New York. The owners were helpful and attentive as needed and made us feel very welcome. I wasn't sure about not staying in the center of New York but I am so glad we did. It is so tiring exploring such an amazing city and to come back to an apartment rather than a hotel room with the comforts of home was fantastic. The apartment is modern and very clean with everything you need. We highly recommend this apartment and we would definitely come back . Thanks

Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Mark D
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We've just come back from staying at this wonderful apartment , this really is the Jewell of Astoria, when I come back to new York, this is the place I will book , and I would also like to thank Edgar and Suzanne for there hospitality, lovely people

Katy P
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 11 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This apartment was absolutely perfect, better than the pictures suggested! It has everything you could need in it and is very homely and comfy...just what is needed after a long day of sight seeing.
The location is great, with the metro/subway just a couple minutes walk away, and 10-15 mins into Manhattan. There are several shops and restaurants around Astoria. We visited Create for breakfast and Basil for dinner, both really tasty. Also had a couple of runs around the neighbourhood, around Astoria park which was a lovely treat first thing in the morning.
Edgar and Suzanne, whilst we never met them, were the perfect hosts. The welcome basket and flowers were such a thoughtful touch, and they assisted with arranging a taxi for us back to the airport.
We only had time to stay for 3 nights but wish it was for longer. If/when I visit New York again this apartment will be top of my list! :-)

Ateamtour...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent apartment, brilliant location, wonderful owners”
Reviewed 15 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This apartment is located in a very nice safe residential area. It is within 5mins walking distance of a subway train line. It's also close to fast food and dining restaurants. On arrival the apartment was clean, well presented and had everything that we needed for a comfortable stay. The owners of the apartment were very friendly and accommodating. This apartment and the surrounding area is perfect for families. We are happy to recommend this apartment to all our friends and family. The next time we are in New York we'll happily stay here again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Philip R
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 19 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We stayed in Astoria at the end of a long road trip so that we could see the sights of New York. The apartment proved to be the perfect place as it is located a short walk from the nearest subway station and from local shops and restaurants. We particularly enjoyed the Neptune Diner which is close to Astoria Boulevard subway station. The apartment itself is immaculate, spotlessly clean and well equipped. Suzanne and Edgar were very helpful during the booking process and did everything they could to make our stay more enjoyable.
This was a first class experience. Many thanks.

Passenger...
“Precious Jewel Indeed!”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

I cannot fully express in words how magical this place is. I stayed there in the summer of 2014 with my family for a graduation trip, and then again with my aunt in May of this year. Both visits were wonderful, and the highlight of each was this apartment! The location is ideal––just a few minutes from the subway, ten minute ride to Manhattan, grocery stores, bakeries, and restaurants just steps away. It's quiet, a very nice place to come back to after a long day of exploring the bustling city. Edgar and Suzanne (the owners) have been nothing but welcoming and friendly. They truly are great people. On my first stay, for my high school graduation, they even gifted me a beautiful snow globe! Suzanne even kindly accommodated us with an extended check-out time because of our flight out. Suzanne's sister, Heather, was so kind and helpful when my aunt and I met her. There was a beautiful basket with fruit, food, and snacks waiting upon our arrival, water and juice in the fridge, and coffee for the Keurig. Some of my most fond memories of the trip were just peacefully enjoying a cup of coffee each morning.

As I said, there is no way to fully explain how wonderful this place is. If you are looking for a place where you can feel like part of the city, really living in New York for however long you stay, this is it. I definitely intend to return, and look forward to staying again at the Precious Jewel of Astoria!

Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing