“Great bistro food for fair prices”
Review of Le Magnifique - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: East 73rd Street
Transit: 6 train to 77th Street.
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The owner is French, his charming wife runs the restaurant. has This is great place to meet friend and not spend a fortune! Tables always packed outside as is very pleasant and off the street.

There are newer reviews for Le Magnifique

Reviewed 21 May 2012

The room had a cheery Mediterranean feel and the windows overlooked a pleasant block. Since we dined with 2 other folks I had a chance to sample a decent amount of the French fare. (I even got to sample a burger though it was dinnertime). The burger was ok, the Chicken was a little dry, the steak was just steak, the frites were good and the vegetables were very good. The vegetables were the best part of the meal and I am no vegetarian. My son John and I think we are liking vegetables at restaurants so much more these days because modern chefs have really gotten the hang of how to cook them, Don't forget to order the Haricots Verts. Unfortunately, the service was slow and inattentive. We are not the type to rush, so when I say slow I mean...really slow... Even though the place was not crowded. With 2 bottles of modest Sancerre (At 50 bucks a bottle!) the tab came to about $300 with tip for 4.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I have been to Le Magnifique several times and it is absolutely fantastic. The food is prepared perfectly. You feel as if you are in Paris. The staff is lovely. The owner Stephanie is terrific and it is a "winner" Try it!!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Try the Calamari.

Place is great as always

CCb

Reviewed 13 November 2011

This is my 5th or 6th dinner here...always very good, excellent service, great food. Book here go upstairs and think you are back in france.