This was our first stay downtown and we were kind of disappointed. Not because of the hotel, but because we were so far away from our usual haunts (Broadway, Central Park, etc) that we hardly ever were at the hotel. It was just too far away to run back and change clothes or rest up a bit before dinner. This of course was our own fault, so on to the positives.
The RC was very nice, our room was spacious and clean. The bar was ok, nothing special but the bartender, along with all of the other service areas of the hotel, was excellent.
The doormen helped us tremendously. Arriving at 7:40PM and having a 8PM show Midtown we were basically resolved that we were going to miss the first 20-30 mins of our show. Arriving my wife ran inside and a manager immediately got her checked in and took our bags. During this time i was asking the doorman how to get midtown the fastest way possible. He got us a town car (for only $25 bucks!) and we FLEW uptown. We arrived with one minute to spare and missed none of Avenue Q (great show BTW). After dinner we arrived at the hotel late to find our bags placed in the room, turndown service already done and of course, chocolate on the pillows. I could go on and on about how helpful the staff was but let’s just say that it could not have been better. I'd stay downtown again at the RC if I were in town for business or, for some unknown reason, needing to be on Staten Island a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star waterfront hotel in Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton