“Excellent choice!”

Ranked #79 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I've been to NYC several times, but this was my first stay here. LOVED it. The location was wonderful...away from the craziness of mid-town, but still so much to see and do. It was lovely to be able to stroll along the river, watch the sunset, enjoy the view of the Statue of Liberty - very relaxing. Subway was a short walk. Staff was extremely nice. Beds so comfortable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelForFun444

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

From the moment we walked through the door, the hotel staff were so accommodating, friendly and helpful. The acting manager, Jonathan, made us feel very welcome and made an extra effort when he discovered our trip to NYC was for my birthday! Made us feel very special. The hotel was spotless, room was a great size, bed was super comfortable and it was quiet. We would go back there tomorrow.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

If you are looking for a superbly located 5 star hotel this is it. Although it is on the opposite bank to the Statue of Liberty it is a great base for walking and stopping on the way to the main attractions. Rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped. Room service excellent, great value for money. Lovely bath and shower, TV in case you need it. Restaurant absolutely amazing, the night we visited (too tired to move) special was Rib Eye with Lobster Mash, OMG too die for.
We would recommend this to everyone.

Room Tip: Choose the view of the statue
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

For my first visit in New York I decided to go all in and that included staying in a 5 star Hotel. Wow was I impressed. Everything about this hotel is awesome and top of the line, from the staff, to the service, to the rooms, to the restaurant in downstairs, it was all perfect to me. I stayed in the Statue of Liberty suite and view was amazing! I could totally get used to living a 5 star lifestyle! If a great hotel located in battery park is what you're looking for, look no further, the Ritz is it! Be prepared to open the wallet but it's totally worth it! Everything about this hotel screams luxurious!!!

Room Tip: Statue of Liberty Suite was worth it for me! Do something different...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ZexSwain
boca raton
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I spent a 3 night weekend at this property which was in a wonderful location for all new york has to offer. The subway is steps away from the hotel which makes getting uptown or to brooklyn very easy. ritz-carlton is known for their service and they didn't disappoint. lee, at the front desk, made a special effort the assure that everything was done to my satisfaction. my only recommendation, is if traveling with older children, get a room that can accommodate a rollaway bed, as the double beds were a bit on the small side. the linens were very comfortable, however. i can't wait to go back to new york and make this hotel my destination.

Room Tip: as for a corner room if possible
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Asheville NC
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is very nice. Not the most over the top luxury hotel I have ever stayed in, but certainly more upscale than most. The thing that makes this hotel special is the service.

From the second we stepped out of the car from the airport we were treated like royalty. The doormen (John knew our names upon arrival before we told anyone who we were or had started the check in process) anticipated our needs when we were coming and going. The bellmen were excited to meet our requests and needs (Kevin made us feel like the only guest in the hotel, always available to take care of us) The front desk staff (Sal is amazing) made check in enjoyable and fun. The front desk manager was always present and genuinely concerned that our every need was met. My wife had a maternity massage at the spa and was very pleased with the services and the spa itself.

We have stayed in the other NYC Ritz-Carlton, The Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, and none even come close to this level of service. Not to mention this hotel is 30-50% cheaper than those hotels! We cannot wait to be able to get away to this hotel again.

Do yourself a favor and stay here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2014

What a wonderful, professional, helpful and fun staff we/I encountered on our trip here at The Ritz Carlton (Battery Park) NYC!!!! From the moment we/I arrived on February 14, 2014 for a wedding held at The Ritz on Saturday the 15th of February 2014... we/I were greeted by Emmanuel (Manny) and Luis at the front door and I (personally speaking now) never felt so welcomed as I did as we arrived! Both were exceptionally personable and charming to say the least! Manny even took my picture for me with the Freedom Tower in the background! Thanks again for that! Onto the front desk and Laura! She was so sweet and helpful! Asked her for a tissue for my friend who was having an emotional moment and she was extremely kind about the situation and gave me a box which was greatly appreciated! And not to forget the other front desk persons but I didn't interact with them as I did Laura, but they all were very nice! Then I had a very kind and gracious encounter with Jonathan (front desk manager) who was such a gentleman...The Ritz should be honored to have him on their team! The whole staff was awesome and appreciated really! I cannot forget Patricia (Lost & Found Prevention) who was about the nicest lady I have met in NYC no matter where I was! She was so kind and helpful with questions not even pertaining to her job and I felt her sincereness about questions I had about the city of New York! Thank you for sending up that chocolate Lady Liberty! You really made us smile! Compliments to our Room attendant Odette (I hope I got the name right) was also as wonderful as can be from her hard job to her lovely attitude and smile! What a nice lady! One more quick thank you and compliment goes to Steven our waiter who had quite a wonderful personality and made us laugh! The bartender Dexter was fantastic too as was all the servers at the Murphy wedding! All around class act! Thank you all! I apologize if this note is too long but the experiences and encounters were so numerous with so many staff members who should be recognized...I had no other choice here! THANK YOU ALL AT THE RITZ CARLTON in Battery Park Manhattan for all your kind ways! I/we hated to leave! Sincerely, Tommy Montenaro (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

Room Tip: We had a room with a telescope to view The Statue of Liberty close up! So... perhaps you should ask...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends