“Well, it IS the Ritz” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Elmont, New York
“Well, it IS the Ritz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

First time I've ever stayed at a Ritz, I'm more of a hostel kind of person normally. But, was staying there on business, so, there you go. Check-in was a breeze, staff were friendly and upgraded my room as I'd be staying for 3 weeks. The telescope by the window, so one could view the Statue of Liberty in the distance, was a nice touch. Bathroom was fine, though I don't understand shower door design that allows water to just drip outside while you're showering. Felt a little bad a bout paying something like $24 for a piece of cake from room service, but I rarely availed myself of that
They had arranged for me to have a coffee pod machine in my room, and they were a bit slow on replacing the pods and paper cups for it, but as soon as they noticed that I'd brought in some of my own from the outside, they were quickly replaced with those night blue Ritz cups!.
Chocolate on the pillow at night was nice, and I have to say that the pillows were by far the most comfortable pillows I have ever slept on. In my entire life. No joke.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dearsirsam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Inver Grove Heights, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The Ritz-Carlton in Battery Park was the perfect hotel for my wife and I. This was our first trip to New York - and we really took a long time to decide where to stay. We were unsure if we should stay in a more central location like midtown, or battery park. We ultimately chose the battery park Ritz-Carlton because of the views of Lady Liberty. We are so happy with our choice. We stayed in a harbor view room. The area around the hotel was very quaint - with a beautiful walking path down the center of the street right outside the hotel that has an amazing view of the new Freedom Tower. The room was clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. The service was outstanding. If I had to pick one thing that could use improvement - it would be to add a coffee or espresso maker to the room. Other than that - it was very quite, the beds were extremely comfortable - and the views were better than we expected. We enjoyed using the telescope to get closer views of Liberty and Ellis islands. Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank bswift
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was wonderful from the start-when the taxi pulled up we were greeted promptly by a very enthusiastic doorman. At reception we were told of the upgrade to a suite. Our original package included club level access which of course included light food served 4 times per day. The suite was impressive with huge bedroom/livingroom and 1-1/2 bathroom. The services throughout our stay were friendly, courteous and prompt, including housekeeping ( who came immediately when I asked for foam pillows ONLY and then asked should they make the entire room' feather' free- meaning the comforters etc.) I was impressed they thought of that detail.
I had a good massage.The staff was fantastic. The spa area is very small, maybe only 2 massage rooms. That day I did not require more, but if you were seeking sauna and hot whirl pool you maybe disappointed.
It was memorable weekend. We stayed there before and were so happy we decided to revisit the property and look forward to future stays.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Llucmajor, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were a very large group of business friends all gathering for an important conference and this hotel made it all happen so smoothly. Great true waterfront property, excellent location.
Lively bar, good restaurants and excellent rooms, quiet and well appointed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Pearl City, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed three nights and the room and service were great. Had a beautiful view of the Statue of Liberty, through the telescope provided in the room. Interestingly no refrigerator is provided, so had to call housekeeping for one. Also, wish the room had a coffee/tea maker, although the hotel provided free coffee in the bar. Being in the financial district, dinner options are limited, so you need to cab it up to Soho or Midtown.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dagenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a very nice clean hotel with very good staff and an excellent concierge service but in my opinion it is not 5 star, the little luxuries that make a 5 star hotel are missing the slippers, toothbrushes, combs etc are not provided, there was only one bathrobe for the two of us to share, none of these things are essential but that are the things that make a 5 star hotel special. The location is excellent and the views from the statue of liberty rooms are fantastic. I would stay at this hotel again but my expectations would be lower

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Statue of Liberty room the view is worth every penny.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank OlddearEssex
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked the Ritz-Carlton New York at Battery Park for a one-night staycation (we live across the river from Manhattan) with the kids to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. I chose this property mainly because of its location, since I wanted a chance to explore Battery Park and it is very close to Morimoto Restaurant, where we had dinner reservations. From the moment we entered the hotel, we felt the staff welcoming us like long-lost friends. They congratulated us on our marriage milestone and asked about our plans to celebrate. Before going to dinner, we ordered room service for the kids. As our first course came at Morimoto, we got an excited text from our daughter with a picture: "They gave us chocolate-covered strawberries and cupcakes!" The staff had generously comped the children dessert! Not only that, but there was a card with the girls' names welcoming them to the hotel. The girls felt so special. And they loved the strawberries so much, it was a wonder that they saved two for their parents to try. It was only one night, but it was special in so many ways. Thank you, Ritz-Carlton, for having wonderful staff. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family