“Great location- Great hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park
Ranked #84 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Mississauga
“Great location- Great hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights and all was good. The room was clean. Quick response to all that we needed. Location is great. The hotel is on the Hudson river and a bit away from NYC downtown where it's super crazy and busy and yet still close to most touristic places in NYC. The subway station is less than 5 mins walk away. Battery Park is across the street. We saw so many sightseeing busses stopping in the area but haven't been on any. Walking along the river is so nice. You just cross the street and you're in for a nice walk any time of the day. Staff was friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: A room with a view on the Hudson river is nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ghada H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
canberra
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Maybe not the “best” view, but one of the most spectacular. Pay for a room or suite overlooking the Statue. It is stunning. The harbor itself is incredibly busy and constantly offers things to watch.
The hotel itself is what you’d expect for the city and the price. Good food, good service (don’t forget tipping), and delicious ambiance. Ritz Carlton enjoys a great reputation, and this place reflects the best of it.
To get around, take the hotel weekend shuttle to 14th street and walk the village. NY Cab drivers are outrageous, but they’ll get you back to the hotel for a reasonable fare. Not too much violence around the lower Manhattan these days. But stay to the well lit tourist streets.

Room Tip: High up and overlooking the Statue
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank roemanner
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

good location for Wall Street, but stairs at the point where taxis drop off, no help from door staff - there is a ramp but it's about 70 meters off to the south and not immediately obvious (and no sign or person to point it out). Room tired and minibar closed (apparently they don't do it anymore) although water available on request.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank macnamarajl
audrey f, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our Trip Advisors readers. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you were caused with regards to the physical structure of the hotel entrance. We position our door staff to be by curbside to assist our guests, and they should always be there, unless they are assisting other guests. I am sorry to read that you were not provided with this assistance upon your arrival. Thank you also for bringing to my attention the condition of your guestroom. I will ensure that our preventive maintenance team together with our Housekeeping Department will improve our rooms inspection process to make certain that your assigned room is in pristine condition. We take your comments and feedback very seriously and we thank you again for staying with us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Greg Mendoza
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed in the Club level Statue of Liberty View 1 Bedroom Suite. I had a wonderful stay!The room and service was excellent. There was a telescope in the room in which to view the Statue of Liberty. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel sends you an email to have you personalize your trip particularly if you are a platinum member, which I am. I was anticipating an upgrade. I know it was a busy weekend for them but no upgrade. There was no response to my inquiries as they requested I respond via email. Nothing until really early on the day of our departure. Call next time is what I will do if I manage to stay here again.

Outside that the staff said to go to Fraunces Tavern down the street. We did and it was so busy I could barely hear myself think. After a while the check in lady did move us to better table. So that made it up for what I anticipated being a disaster of a meal.

Outside that we stayed here for less than 24 hours and I was not impressed. I did not feel very welcome at all particularly for someone who stays quite often with the Marriott brand.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Benjamin B
audrey f, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our Trip Advisor readers. As a Rewards guest, we value your loyalty very much and we would have liked to provide with an upgrade, however I apologize that on this particular visit, we did not have the availability to offer such an upgrade. I am sorry, as well, to hear that our Guest Relations Department did not get the chance to reply to your email requests in time for your arrival. I appreciate you sharing this information with us so that we can improve our response time. We continuously strive to provide our guests with personalized and memorable experiences and so it was most upsetting to read that we did not meet your expectations. I know that we cannot change what has already occurred, but I am certain that this was an isolated incident and that your future visits will be most enjoyable. Should your travels bring you back to this location, please feel free to contact me directly. We do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Greg Mendoza
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The best experience ever the hotel staff were friendly and New yorkers are lovely. They also love the fact you are from London which made feel a bit patriotic and proud to be British. New York is very big so take comfortable shoes I'd you want to walk around and tour the city. The ritz in battery park was easily accesSible to so many areas and I didn't realise that until we were there in the heart of battery park.

New York is one of the places I would visit again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Susie S
Capitola, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Battery Park is a quiet part of Manhattan. This hotel matches that level of quiet, which my family and I greatly appreciated. The staff, facility, and food were fully up to Ritz-Carlton standards. The concierge desk was exceedingly helpful with a difficult request we had. While not as swanky as the Central Park location, this Ritz is a better value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family