“Fine for a Weekend.”

Ranked #73 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Miami
“Fine for a Weekend.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The view is hard to beat, the location also great, the Staff very cordial. My question is how come there were no slippers, neither mini bar in the room? Also toiletries were for one person, but with a King bed, the hotel should assume there will be 2 guests.

Room Tip: Our room 1010 was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nora1954
audrey f, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our Trip Advisor readers. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel location with the striking views over New York Harbor, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. As you know we offer a perfect sanctuary whether you are here for either business or leisure. We also pride ourselves on the exceptional level of service that our Ladies and Gentlemen provide to our guests. I was however, sorry to hear that we did not provide you with the proper quantity of amenities and toiletries. Once again, thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention and I hope you will not let this incident alter your perception of our hotel. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Greg Mendoza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Wailuku, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for work and was put in one of the rooms looking out at the Statue of Liberty. Beautiful view of Lady Liberty, the Hudson, and the NJ skyline. The room was immaculate and clean, everything you would expect from the Ritz Carlton. The service was just “so so” and I’ve experienced better. Maybe its just an NYC thing, but the employees seemed like they were always a little too busy to help you and made you feel like you were bothering them. Other than that, we enjoyed the hotel itself, with all of our work functions being held there. Our dinner event was also held there, and the food what exceptionally delicious. Besides the service piece, overall, a great place to stay when in the financial district. Aloha

Room Tip: Book one of the rooms overlooking the Statue of Liberty. You wont be dissapointed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Burlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We only stayed here one night but it was a special stay. I proposed to my girlfriend at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park and the level of genuine care and organizing of the moment by the staff involved was spectacular and truly amazing. The general manager met us and the various area managers were all there to ensure we had the best stay and were taken care of the entire way. Mayra was there from a month before my stay to ensure every detail was taken care of and she even offered her cell phone to make sure i was comfortable and understood what was happening along the way. Abdel was the first manager i met at the hotel and he ensured i felt at home and was truly taken care of in every aspect while staying at the property. Laura at the front desk was also exceptional and genuine with care, Manny the restaurant manager ensured we had a great table and reservations were made for us. Carlos at the concierge desk also booked a fabulous dinner for us at a Thai restaurant in SoHo. Jonathan took us to the private rooftop area which gave us a spectacular view of the waterfront and was a great unobstructed view - super cool! So many people involved and they all take a special interest in there guests.
Since i was proposing it was of course nice that we received the best possible service but i could tell that they do not just do this for proposals - they seem to be this way with every single client that stays which is remarkable and i will never forget the top notch service we received from this hotel. Thank you Ritz Battery Park for undoubtedly the best stay i have ever had at a hotel property anywhere.

Room Tip: All great rooms but a view of the Statue of Liberty is paramount!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason W
elkhart
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Ok, So I have stayed at other Ritz locations and I have to say this place was a cluster. I took off a few days of work to take a friend over the 4th. Upon check in I was asked if I wanted to upgrade rooms I decided we didn't need to because I was not planning on staying in the room much. When getting into the room "double beds" I find a red stain on the exterior of the comforter, house keeping came and changed it out, not a huge issue looked as if someone ate something and just dropped it. The rain hit, so I decided we needed to talk with the concierge Service to see if we could not book a dinner cruise for the 4th of July, expecting to pay a large premium because of the simple fact it was the morning of the 3rd already. The guy "Jay" says he was making a list of vendors we could go on and would call us and let us know, that call never came, I waited and called at 7pm, another guy picked up the phone and said "Jay" was with a customer he would need to call us back, that call never got returned.. I went ahead and took it upon my self to locate a service. House keeping another joke, requested a dental kit twice with no prevail, went into restaurant to eat, ordered brunch 15 minutes later the waitress comes back to tell us they are now not serving brunch that she can give us new menus and we could have dinner this after they personally gave us menus and took our order. To say the least your better off with a different location and or a totally different franchise period. I am not one to ever complain and am usually very quiet, but this place for the cost was by far the worse place I have ever stayed at ... So many people at the front desk complaining it was actually sad to watch the girls getting yelled at by the customers when in fact it was not their issues but more of management issues then anything. They wanted to make things right by sending us a dried out cake that set it the room for 4 hours before we got back. We did not even eat it ...

Room Tip: find another location
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jkinney30
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our Trip Advisor readers. I can certainly understand your disappointment as we clearly failed to meet your expectations.While I agree that this is unacceptable, I was happy that we had an opportunity to immediately address these issues during your stay with us. I understand that you were in contact with our Hotel Manager while you were still a guest at our hotel and shared your feedback. It seems that our correspondence which was mailed to you, has not yet reached you. I assure you that we continuously strive to provide the highest level of service standards to our guests and our Ladies and Gentlemen are truly committed to meeting & exceeding our guests’ expectations. Obviously, this was not the case here and I offer my most humble apologies Should your travels bring you back to this location, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can personally ensure that your stay is a positive and memorable experience. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Greg Mendoza
Nottingham, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend (Friday and Saturday night). The hotel arranged for a limo to pick us up at JFK. The driver was waiting for us and it took about 40 minutes to get to the hotel where we had a very friendly welcome and were taken straight up to our room. We were on the Club Floor and our corner room had a fabulous view of the Statue of Liberty from the lounge and also from the bedroom and a view of the Freedom Tower from the bathroom. We had tickets for the 911 Memorial Museum the next morning and the Concierge directed us there and gave us maps. He also arranged tickets to see Jersey Boys that evening (an amazing show). The Club Lounge was very good with food and drinks available throughout the day - including champagne - and the staff were excellent. Although the hotel is at Battery Park, the park itself is closed at the moment for refurbishment, bit there are lots of lovely walks all around the hotel. We never waited very long for a taxi. A very good choice of hotel - to be away from the crowds, noise and madness and yet a 10/15minute taxi ride takes you to the heart of Manhattan.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My experience began one day prior to arrival when I received an e-mail for mobile check-in. I was able to pre-register and notate my arrival time. I would later receive an e-mail when my room was ready! This feature was very convenient for me as my night at the RC was a stay-cation. Once I received my e-mail I headed to the RC. Upon arrival, I headed to the Front Desk to simply pick-up my key. The mobile features didn't stop there. I was able to request services at specific times (and even check the status), and do mobile check-out.

In addition to my fascination with these new RC mobile features, the staff was genuinely wonderful! The bell woman personally brought my dog a bed, bowls, and a bag of even more amenities. This personal touch led me to believe that an amenity personally given to you is truly more memorable and personal than when an amenity is already waiting in your room upon arrival. At the RC dogs seem to be given the same respect as people, if not better! And the location is perfect for dog owners, as Battery Park is across the street (although much of it is currently under construction) and there's a beautiful path on another side of the RC that goes through the neighborhood of Battery Park.

We had a Harbor View room, which is of course, breathtaking! Words can't describe this view. We also had access to the Club Lounge, where we spent much of our time, and thank you to the very accommodating PM server. They even play some light music in the lounge, like Billie Holiday! I loved the feel of the very intimate and warm lobby and public areas. The bar (and small lobby lounge) seemed like nice spots to have coffee/drinks had I not had the club access.

My only minor complaint was that we were given an ADA room. The bathroom didn't have a bathtub, the toilet wasn't enclosed in a separate room, the desk chairs were wheel-less, and there was no armchair. I would appreciate being notified of this at check-in, as once we were in the room we didn't want to move because of that harbor view!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Free wifi in lobby, but not in room, boo! Cell phone reception is room is non existent, may be one bar near the window, lobby near windows is ok. They have a nice fitness center on 14th floor with complementary towels and spring water. Treadmills, ellipticals, some weight machines, mats and free weights. Its not great but decent to keep your muscle memory even on vacation.

Rooms are well furnished, two queen beds that were comfortable, lots of pillows, tv, alarm clock/ radio, safe, all the toiletries you need. Hair dryer, weigh scale. Iron, slippers and ice cream on your pillow was a nice touch. I kept the ac on even at ngut at 68 and slept well. They also have a desk with telephones and a lounger with foot rest. Local calls are chargeable, 1-800 are free. The staff does leave complementary spring water each day which comes in handy in summer months. They were kind enough to put a mini refrigerator in my room, requested and booked thru Expedia. They are pricey but worth it in my opinion. No swimming pool though

The bathrooms are great, separate toilet with door, separate tub and shower stall. Shower had great water pressure, they supply shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and shower gel. Lots of towels, tissues, shower cap, etc. they could supply tooth brush, razor on request. There is a pharmacy (Duane reade/ Walgreens) just down the street on Broadway.

All the family had a great time, special mention to Alexis (front desk) and Jay (concierge) who really responded to any question I had. They do provide complementary subway maps and aim to delight their customers.

Highly recommend this hotel if your looking for a bit of flair, great service, great view centrally located in Batter park near the ferries and subway station. 4 stars

Room Tip: Get a standard room with the statue of liberty room, you also get a telescope for a close up view. M...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family