“Great location!”

Ranked #74 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Rochester, New York
“Great location!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, as you would expect of the Ritz-Carlton. Fantastic location near the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Freedom Tower. Disappointed that wifi is not included for the price of the room. Come on now.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FirenzeDonna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at the Ritz in Battery Park during a business trip and in part the smaller feel of the hotel. This Ritz has no fancy entrance, no large atrium or soaring architect - in fact, I was not sure I had entered the hotel or the residences that usually are part of this franchise. But what I did find was tastefully done, a friendly and attentive staff and good food delivered when they predicted. I also hugely liked the neighborhood - which has changed so dramatically from when I visited this area more regularly years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed walking around Battery Park as the sun set over Jersey City and seeing all the strollers, families, young professionals and all at the rest in a real neighborhood with spectacular views of the Statue of Liberty. The room was smallish although very tasteful and quiet, although I had a disappointing view of a rooftop and neighboring building. There are limited choices in the building or nearby for restaurants, but much more not too long of a walk away.

Room Tip: Views are either spectacular or pretty mundane. If you can, make sure you discuss the view from you...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Miami
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The view is hard to beat, the location also great, the Staff very cordial. My question is how come there were no slippers, neither mini bar in the room? Also toiletries were for one person, but with a King bed, the hotel should assume there will be 2 guests.

Room Tip: Our room 1010 was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nora1954
audrey f, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our Trip Advisor readers. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel location with the striking views over New York Harbor, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. As you know we offer a perfect sanctuary whether you are here for either business or leisure. We also pride ourselves on the exceptional level of service that our Ladies and Gentlemen provide to our guests. I was however, sorry to hear that we did not provide you with the proper quantity of amenities and toiletries. Once again, thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention and I hope you will not let this incident alter your perception of our hotel. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Greg Mendoza
Wailuku, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for work and was put in one of the rooms looking out at the Statue of Liberty. Beautiful view of Lady Liberty, the Hudson, and the NJ skyline. The room was immaculate and clean, everything you would expect from the Ritz Carlton. The service was just “so so” and I’ve experienced better. Maybe its just an NYC thing, but the employees seemed like they were always a little too busy to help you and made you feel like you were bothering them. Other than that, we enjoyed the hotel itself, with all of our work functions being held there. Our dinner event was also held there, and the food what exceptionally delicious. Besides the service piece, overall, a great place to stay when in the financial district. Aloha

Room Tip: Book one of the rooms overlooking the Statue of Liberty. You wont be dissapointed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Burlington
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We only stayed here one night but it was a special stay. I proposed to my girlfriend at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park and the level of genuine care and organizing of the moment by the staff involved was spectacular and truly amazing. The general manager met us and the various area managers were all there to ensure we had the best stay and were taken care of the entire way. Mayra was there from a month before my stay to ensure every detail was taken care of and she even offered her cell phone to make sure i was comfortable and understood what was happening along the way. Abdel was the first manager i met at the hotel and he ensured i felt at home and was truly taken care of in every aspect while staying at the property. Laura at the front desk was also exceptional and genuine with care, Manny the restaurant manager ensured we had a great table and reservations were made for us. Carlos at the concierge desk also booked a fabulous dinner for us at a Thai restaurant in SoHo. Jonathan took us to the private rooftop area which gave us a spectacular view of the waterfront and was a great unobstructed view - super cool! So many people involved and they all take a special interest in there guests.
Since i was proposing it was of course nice that we received the best possible service but i could tell that they do not just do this for proposals - they seem to be this way with every single client that stays which is remarkable and i will never forget the top notch service we received from this hotel. Thank you Ritz Battery Park for undoubtedly the best stay i have ever had at a hotel property anywhere.

Room Tip: All great rooms but a view of the Statue of Liberty is paramount!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason W
elkhart
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Ok, So I have stayed at other Ritz locations and I have to say this place was a cluster. I took off a few days of work to take a friend over the 4th. Upon check in I was asked if I wanted to upgrade rooms I decided we didn't need to because I was not planning on staying in the room much. When getting into the room "double beds" I find a red stain on the exterior of the comforter, house keeping came and changed it out, not a huge issue looked as if someone ate something and just dropped it. The rain hit, so I decided we needed to talk with the concierge Service to see if we could not book a dinner cruise for the 4th of July, expecting to pay a large premium because of the simple fact it was the morning of the 3rd already. The guy "Jay" says he was making a list of vendors we could go on and would call us and let us know, that call never came, I waited and called at 7pm, another guy picked up the phone and said "Jay" was with a customer he would need to call us back, that call never got returned.. I went ahead and took it upon my self to locate a service. House keeping another joke, requested a dental kit twice with no prevail, went into restaurant to eat, ordered brunch 15 minutes later the waitress comes back to tell us they are now not serving brunch that she can give us new menus and we could have dinner this after they personally gave us menus and took our order. To say the least your better off with a different location and or a totally different franchise period. I am not one to ever complain and am usually very quiet, but this place for the cost was by far the worse place I have ever stayed at ... So many people at the front desk complaining it was actually sad to watch the girls getting yelled at by the customers when in fact it was not their issues but more of management issues then anything. They wanted to make things right by sending us a dried out cake that set it the room for 4 hours before we got back. We did not even eat it ...

Room Tip: find another location
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jkinney30
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our Trip Advisor readers. I can certainly understand your disappointment as we clearly failed to meet your expectations.While I agree that this is unacceptable, I was happy that we had an opportunity to immediately address these issues during your stay with us. I understand that you were in contact with our Hotel Manager while you were still a guest at our hotel and shared your feedback. It seems that our correspondence which was mailed to you, has not yet reached you. I assure you that we continuously strive to provide the highest level of service standards to our guests and our Ladies and Gentlemen are truly committed to meeting & exceeding our guests’ expectations. Obviously, this was not the case here and I offer my most humble apologies Should your travels bring you back to this location, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can personally ensure that your stay is a positive and memorable experience. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Greg Mendoza
Nottingham, England
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend (Friday and Saturday night). The hotel arranged for a limo to pick us up at JFK. The driver was waiting for us and it took about 40 minutes to get to the hotel where we had a very friendly welcome and were taken straight up to our room. We were on the Club Floor and our corner room had a fabulous view of the Statue of Liberty from the lounge and also from the bedroom and a view of the Freedom Tower from the bathroom. We had tickets for the 911 Memorial Museum the next morning and the Concierge directed us there and gave us maps. He also arranged tickets to see Jersey Boys that evening (an amazing show). The Club Lounge was very good with food and drinks available throughout the day - including champagne - and the staff were excellent. Although the hotel is at Battery Park, the park itself is closed at the moment for refurbishment, bit there are lots of lovely walks all around the hotel. We never waited very long for a taxi. A very good choice of hotel - to be away from the crowds, noise and madness and yet a 10/15minute taxi ride takes you to the heart of Manhattan.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple