I was in Ritz Carlton Batery Park with my family for New Year's 2008-2009. The hotel was enjoyable, although not what you would expect from a Ritz. The lobby was OK, altough rather small, but the rooms were very good, the beds were the best, so comfortable! The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was very large and nice.
I expected the staff to be friendlier honestly, but I can't say they were rude either. The hotel is definetly not close to city centre, but it's close to the finantial district and there is an access to the subway system very close. It's a quiet neighbourhood and you can walk at night with not much to worry about. For new year's it was great because we didn't want to go to times square, so we went to watch the fireworks over the river.
Overall it was a good stay, no regrets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star waterfront hotel in Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton