“Great Boutique Hotel”

Club Quarters Hotel, Midtown
Ranked #204 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I did not have good impression of boutique hotels because of a poor experience in Rome (Italy) 6 months ago. However, my perception changed after a very recent stay at Midtown Club Quarters in New York. The staff were very professional, friendly and accommodating even though we checked in close to midnight after flight delays.

Kevin Chan in particular made us feel very much at home, Despite the many guests he had to serve, he always had time to talk to us and offered his great services. He told us the many facilities not only offered by his hotel but the others under the chain's management. He helped changing our seats on our return flights and printing the boarding passes when I could not do so on my I-Pad. It's a privilege to be served by such a wonderful and dedicated host.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed here for a quick weekend getaway in New York City. The staff were extremely helpful, the room clean and well-appointed (though as with all Club Quarters, on the small side; ideally designed for one person, though there were two of us), the location was convenient to everything we wanted to do (theatre, dining, shopping).

I can't say enough good things about their in-house restaurant - Patrick's! We had special dietary needs and the waiter talked to the chef for us and we were presented with a delectable feast that fit our needs...all without hassle and for the same cost as the regular items on the menu. And the chef came out personally to make sure he got it right. This restaurant should be packed, but since it is for members and hotel guests only, it wasn't very full. That's a shame because the service, the food, and the value were all excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Balfour S
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The cheerful greeting was just the beginning. A relaxing common room with free water, coffee, and cappuccino was just behind the desk. The room was NYC small, or maybe a few square feet bigger, but very clean and the bed was comfortable. A Keurig coffee machine with my favorite medium brews was included there. A message on the machine told me where I could find bottles of water for trekking around the city and other amenities described in a voicemail I could review if I forgot anything she said. The hotel is convenient, on the same block as a very good Neapolitan style Little Italy Pizza, a grab-and-go style deli spot, and a bakery. Drinks at the bar came with great service from a personable working actor (who I had seen in something!). The restaurant inside is the real hidden gem. Drinks, app, dinner (steak cooked perfectly) and desert for $60 before tip (discount for hotel guests). Every bite was delicious. It's decorated with clean lines enough to be appropriate for business and pretty enough to be romantic. Don't miss it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was a very nice hotel, very conveniently located. The room was very clean and nicely furnished, a bit small (but, hey, it's Manhattan), especially the bathroom. We were in for a show were were seeing, only for an overnight, so it was absolutely perfect. And the staff was wonderful. Nice place, but not if you are a big person (my wife and I are not)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is a hotel in a great location, on check in a very friendly, helpfull, charming young lady, I had to pinch myself to reasure me I was in New York but more was to come as the same lady left her desk and brought us to a lounge area with a nice bar and free coffee and biscuits. A very relaxing place indeed,rooms are on the small side but that is the same in almost all hotels in Manhattan, a short walk to all the tourist spots, could not fault the comfort of the bed, all in all great value.....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan L
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The most important part of a hotel, is that it should be clean and well equipped. I don't necessary need it to be fancy and posh, especially not in a city like NYC, where you are out in the city all day and night, and don't spend and awful lot of time in the room.

Club Quarters Midtown did not disappoint! It was always clean, good beds, had what we needed in terms of wifi etc. and the location is in the heart of Manhattan. Can really recommend it

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis K
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had a great stay at Club Quarters. I showed up at one of their other properties in the city, but that was my own fault for not telling the cab driver the address. Once I got to the midtown hotel, I was pleasantly greeted by Mike at the front desk who was dealing with me, the phone and a couple of other guests and still had time to recommend some local restaurants and helped with directions to my meeting.

You need to use the key in the elevator, which is a great security feature. The room was a bit small, but I did not expect much more from an NYC hotel. I had a few requests once in the room and the housekeeping employee who delivered the items I requested always greeted me with a smile, but I apologize for not getting his name. It was very clean and very efficient. They have a great lounge area in the lobby with coffee throughout the day.

The restaurant was excellent, with fast and great service, and great food. The morning of checkout, I met with Raquel at the front desk who helped me with transportation to the airport and stored my luggage for me, all while dealing with the entire front desk by herself - I kind of sensed a pattern here. I was very impressed with all the staff I encountered during my stay, even though they always seemed to have their hands full. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is not interested in the size of the room, but in cleanliness, accommodating and pleasant staff and a great location close to everything worth seeing in NYC.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the street side of the building as the New York traffic can be a bit noisy.