“Great Location, Reasonably Priced and Great For Couples”

Hudson Hotel New York
Ranked #384 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“Great Location, Reasonably Priced and Great For Couples”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Hudson was a great hotel for the money we paid through Priceline. The rooms are small but very manageable. I would definitely say this hotel is made more for couples and singles. You are very close to Central Park and the subway. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
SabrinaPomilio, Guest Relations Manager at Hudson Hotel New York, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
pcksmith3,

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay over the summer! Just so you know we have larger rooms at Hudson, I would suggest visiting our website next time you plan your stay so you can view photos, configurations and check out any special promotions we have! Looking forward to hosting you again!

Sabrina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Recently 3 friends and I experienced an unpleasant mishap at the Hudson Hotel. We were on the down escalator when my dress got caught at the bottom landing section. Despite the desperate efforts of my friends, they couldn’t pull it loose and I was trapped on the escalator which didn’t stop running. Fortunately, no one was above me or we could have had a pile up.

When it was clear no help was forthcoming and that the escalator wasn’t stopping, we managed to tear the dress, leaving a big piece wedged in the landing.

I reported the incident and despite a follow up phone call a few days later to the hotel manager, he couldn’t be bothered to return my call to even express regret. Instead, I received an email from the director of security who basically advised me that I was to blame for wearing a long dress on the escalator.

There are a multitude of wonderful hotels in New York, with outstanding customer care. In my opinion, The Hudson is not one of them.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Sandra C
SDC617,

We are sorry to hear about the issue you encountered with your dress on our escalator. I hope our Director of Security was able to clarify the situation for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Hudson looked great online and got good reviews, however the staff were unhelpful and unfriendly, drinks very expensive and definitely not a hotel if you want somewhere to chill. We arrived late on a Saturday evening to find that they had double booked many rooms...and were asked to wait in the hotel lobby for about 2 hours with no update. The reception was full of unhappy customers and despite initially being offered drinks, none arrived. When we asked for them to let us know what was going on they were blatantly rude. We were finally told that we had to be put up in another hotel for the night and they would pay for it...although no question of reimbursing us for the inconvenience. There seemed to be 'club' in the hotel too which is great if you're looking for a constant buzz as you hardly hear yourself speak in the reception area. Would not recommend this hotel and would definitely not stay in it again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MackersGlasgow
MackersGlasgow,

We are so sorry to hear about this issue you encountered during your stay in October. This is certainly not indicative of the experience we provide at Hudson. Unfortunately we were in a particular situation where we could not accommodate you and your party. I apologize if our staff did not communicate this to you and hence caused you to wait for two hours in our lobby. I hope you would be willing to give us another try in the future. Please contact me directly should you wish to return to Hudson.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

BAD ATTITUDE! It started at checkin. the desk person recommended what I thought was an upgrade and processed the paperwork. After completing the paperwork she explained the room only had one bed but our orginal reservation was for a room with two beds. When i expressed disatification with her changes and voiced that she had made a mistake in changing the number of beds, she became angry with me and summoned the manager. It took an hour to check in.
On our last day they left the bill under the door but the bill was inacurate. More hassels.
Lines to check out were always long with minimun of half hour waits.
I have stayed in NY at dozens of hotels and the counter service here is the sloppiest i have ever experienced.

Room Tip: Even if you request a room high up in the building they try to put you lower down where there is mor...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank donald S
SabrinaPomilio, Guest Relations Manager at Hudson Hotel New York, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
donald S,

We apologize for the issues you experienced at our front desk, this is certainly not the typical experience we provide our guests. I hope one of our managers were able to rectify the situation for you. I hope this particular experience does not deter you from visiting Hudson again, please contact us directly should you wish to return to Hudson.

Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

If you want to be near Columbus Circle, this is a good option. The lobby and restaurants are very hip and were very busy during my stay. The room itself was a "Superior" but I would not label it as such. It felt a bit like being in a cruise ship cabin. I am not claustrophobic, and I have stayed in smaller rooms in NYC, but it was still a bit tight. That said, it was well appointed, clean and functional. Very comfy bed, and a full compliment of channels on the TV which is rare. My floor had a good vending selection, though the walls in the hall were lime green. One night I was awoken by a loud group in the hall, but that happens everywhere. For where I was working the location and food options in the area were fantastic. This one is available through discount sites.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
keepmemoving,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our ideal location close to Central Park. We have larger rooms than our Superiors, I would suggest booking a Deluxe or Studio for your next stay-- those rooms are great for guests looking for extra space or living area. If we can assist you with anything in the future please reach out to us!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This was probably the least enjoyable 3 star hotel I've stayed in. The room was incredibly small but nice. There was a flat screen tv with HBO. The ac unit made grumbling noises during the night which occasionally woke me but the room also has thin windows so the noise from outside was also kind of loud.

The bathroom had an open floor-to-ceiling window with a curtain but you could see through (think twice about sharing the room if you mind the other person seeing you shower). Some of the tiles needed to be resealed. I'm tall so sitting on the toilet my knees hit the wall making it difficult to sit on the small toilet seat. And the toilet paper and facial tissues were on the thin side but not unmanageable.

Service was a little slow but when you did get some it was friendly and helpful.

The stay was not terrible and had a good price but it was not what I expected from a 3.5 star hotel. I will not be staying here again given nicer hotels in the area for just $20 more per night.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank chips5ahoy
Chris M,

We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at Hudson. If the room product was not satisfactory to your needs based on your comment above, please know we do have rooms available without the "peek-a-boo" shower feature in larger rooms as well. I hope you would be willing to give us another try in the future, please contact us when you plan your next trip to Hudson so we can make sure you receive comfortable accommodations this time around.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I chose this hotel because it is located near central park and was less expensive than many of the other hotels. I loved the decor which was very unique. The room was very small but it was clean. It was enough space for 1 person but would have been too cramped for 2 people. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Zelda196207,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We're glad to hear you took advantage of our ideal location! Please know we have larger rooms available at Hudson, we would be more than happy to discuss some options with you for future stays. We look forward to seeing you again soon!