“Great location, very clean! We had a fabulous view!!”

Hudson Hotel New York
Ranked #386 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Great location, very clean! We had a fabulous view!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I figured I should write a review to correct all the negative ones!! Seriously?! Yes the rooms are small! Only travel here with a carry on and not a full size luggage cause it will not fit!! But the room is clean bed is comfortable, yes room is on the darker side but who cares!! Your in new York!! Your never in the room other than sleeping and getting ready! This is new York! Many hotels have small rooms!! So get over it! I paid a very low price of $145 a night here so was very satisfied!! Its def a hotel where a lot of younger people stay! It's def a party on a Saturday night and could def hear the music even on the 20th floor where we stayed! So if you like to go to bed early on a Saturday night then you might not enjoy it here!
Hotel has nice places to hang out, roof top and other common areas! I would def stay here again
Oh ya and don't pay for the wifi! It's expensive and not worth it it! There is free wifi in the lobby! If you have an iPhone and know how to reset the settings then you can get it free the whole time you are here. It only let's you have it for 24 hrs! But you can clear the "cookies" I believe it's called on your phone and get it free again! I did it for the 3 nights I stayed here! And had it free the whole time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BonnieLuv2Giggle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,215)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is really well located, about a minute's walk from central park and maybe 15 to times square. Also super close to a subway station! It has a rooftop bar and a garden type thing with a bar and both are pretty cool places to hang out (although the rooftop bar was reserved for groups like every night).

We booked online and thought we'd booked a room with two beds, but apparently twin only meant room for two people and so my friend and I had to share a bed. Not really an issue as we're both girls... but then we went to have a shower and instead of having a wall between the bathroom and the bedroom, there was a pane of glass with a flimsy net curtain hanging over it. So could pretty much see straight into the shower if you were sitting on the bed!!

The air conditioning was good, but the room was extremely small. I'd been told NY rooms were small but we stayed at another in NY and it wasn't anything like this. You couldn't even sit on the toilet without your knees touching the wall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gera_312
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights at The Hudson Hotel in New York. The price was exceptional if its location is taken into account. It is at a walking distance from the Columbus Circle Subway Station, which is the lower west corner of Central Park. It is reasonably close to Times Square.
The hotel is well equipped, with quick effective attention, restaurants and a Terrace overlooking the city. The Single room is tiny,with a Double bed barely fitting into it. It is, however, very well decorated. Single room for 1 person is OK, yet 2 will be very tight. Even single rooms have a small refrigerator, iron and iron board.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Johnny C, Manager at Hudson Hotel New York, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad that you were comfortable during your stay with us. I agree that our single rooms are cozy and definitely perfect for someone traveling alone, however should you ever find yourself in the need for additional space we have several room options with more square footage, that you will find just as, if not more comfortable.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent last weekend in NYC for a wedding and stayed at the Hudson Hotel. While the hotel has many unique and beautiful common areas to sit and socialize or sit and read, the lack of employees available to service the busy hotel was a problem.
For most of the weekend the lines to check in were long and made the lobby an obstacle course to get thru. Primetime and there were only 2 people to assist the many folks waiting to check in. On saturday morning when many were looking to the concierge for assistance, there was only one person working the desk leading to another long line.
Again on sunday morning a long line waiting to get a cup of coffee at the Hudson Commons. Getting a cab was another hassle. No doorman to help and the cab drivers were not willing to go to some location which was another annoyance.
The location of the hotel was excellent for us, the terraces were great to hang out on but the service kinda spoiled our experience. The size of the room was not really a problem for my husband and myself but some of our taller relatives were not very comfortable sleeping on the bed.
Would we come back? Maybe if the staffing problem was addressed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so glad that you go to experience our great out door spaces. They are such a pride and joy for us that we are thrilled when our guests can experience them. It's great that you enjoyed your room; I do agree that many of our roos are cozy, however we do offer a number of room sizes, shapes, and styles to accommodate most preferences and we would be happy to work with any guest to choose the right one for them. As to the issue with staffing, in a hotel this size, when it's common for a large number of people to be at the same place at the same time, staffing can be a challenge, however the numbers you are referring to are not at all what we would expect to have on staff. We will definitely look into this issue and see to it that we address any challenge.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This was the first stop on our honeymoon and we had tried the upgrade card a few times, on checking in which was very quick we were given more floor space...like other reviews people have mentioned the small rooms, even with more floor space this is very small could hardly move. However don't let this put you off, you pay for the outdoor areas here which are amazing. The area at the bar is lovely and the roof top terrace is unreal the views are spectacular. It was about 90 degrees while we were there. You only need the room to shower and sleep! We had a great time.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank 7mquinn
Thank you for your kind words towards our hotel, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and love the fact that you got to experience one of our biggest claim to fame, our outdoor spaces. I can agree that we have many rooms that are on the cozy side, however we have a number of rooms of different sizes, shapes, and styles accommodate most needs and tastes and we are happy to assist a guest to choose the right room to suit them.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very disappointed with the size of the room. I had booked a standard room and requested a crib for my baby. To my surprise at check in, I was told that there is no way a crib would fit in a standard room and I had no choice but to upgrade to a slightly larger room. I would of been OK with that if I was told in advance. The hotel is also so dim and dark, by far the strangest! The rooms are clean I would give it that, but other than that, no amenities, wi-fi is super slow even when you pay for it, elevator takes forever to come. Overall, not a place to be with family perhaps better for a younger single traveler. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzy481
Thank you for your feedback. I am terribly sorry about he miscommunication concerning your room size and space for the crib. Although I can not be sure how you booked your reservation, I know we usually try to work with guests to choose the best room for their needs. I certainly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hudson and have the chance to make you comfortable.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

chicago
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for a wedding. Good location, near Columbus circle subway and Central Park. The room and bathroom were comically small, like a usual NYC room. The draw is the various common areas like the outdoor patio, the sky lounge on 15 which has lounge chairs (not lounge as in a club), and the Hudson Common bar. I had the wedding rate so would consider staying at that rate again, but would probably try somewhere else if paying full price. Also, you have to pay for wifi in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple