“Wonderful Stay, would definitely go back.”
Review of Hotel Chandler

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #131 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Chicago
“Wonderful Stay, would definitely go back.”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed at Hotel Chandler Dec 23-29th, 2011. Although there was renovations going on, I appreciated that fact that they gave complimentary continental breakfast as consolation. Hotel is on a quite street.

Location is great, free umbrella to use on rainy days, Aveda products, turn-down service with chocolates every night, great and friendly staff. Free NYtimes newspapers. Free gym and library in the buidling. Flat screen in room.

If you like Korean food, check out- Mandoo Bar restaurant on west 32nd, Post-office is down the street on west 31st, or go to the 9th floor of Macy's for post office. Free internet use in the breakfast room, able to surf the net daily , and print boarding passes for free without having to bring my laptop.

Complimentary tea and coffee all day.

Lots of asian restaurants near by.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I believe management mad the sin of omission by not stating that renovations were going on. The free wifi, breakfast and cheese and wine reception as "to make-up for the inconvenience" offerings were nice but frankly amounted to bribes. (FYI, the so-called lounge is cramped.) It didn't help that the receptionist who checked us in could not offer a room with combined shower and bath. The experience was such a let down. And all the while, I thought the hotel deserved it's classification and marketing of itself. Not! My experience so far in the Big Apple is not so good!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Chandler in July of 2011 - I enjoyed all aspects of my stay, including a fairly reasonable rate (for NYC) while I was there. Its proximity to Penn station and to Grand Central made travel quite easy, and when I awoke on my last day there, having forgotten that I had to make a room switch, the staff took care of it for me with no fanfare. I WILL stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
ChandlerGM, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Nothing makes me happier than making our guests happy. It is so rewarding to read these reviews.

I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year and hope to see you in 2012.

Kindest regards,

Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean. There were renovations going on during our stay, however, there was no noise or disruptions caused by this. We were given free wifi and breakfast and also an evening cheese & wine reception "for our troubles." They really went above and beyond to make our stay a great experience. The hotel is located right by 5th avenue and in a great location. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Your title says a lot. Thank you!

I think you have described Hotel Chandler well and have given great tips to future guests.

It is so kind of you to let travellers know about the area and the location of the hotel.

Hope to see you in the New Year!

Kind regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

To be fair, the hotel was under construction when I stayed. I was NOT expecting this when I arrived. I needed a place to stay on a Saturday night as I had a quick trip into the city. Saturday night rate was good....I should have known that construction would be the reason. Room is small, and bathroom was updated with fixtures, but tile and shower were very old. The tile in the shower was separating from the wall. Not impressed. However, the room and bathroom were clean, but housekeeping forgot to put a trash bag in the bathroom trashcan. I flew in LGA about 11:30pm so I was really excited to hit the bed. About 15 min into my sleep, my neighbors heating unit came on and rattled through the walls the entire night. I had to sleep with a pillow over my ears. Very thin walls. When morning came around, I checked out as fast as I could and grabbed breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Since the hotel was under construction their kitchen was closed. They attempted to make a temporary eating room out of another hotel room....but I was so annoyed with the lack of sleep, I did not even want to bother to see what was being offered or how it was set up. If the circumstances were different, my experience may have been better. The location was nice and once construction is complete, I may return to really see how this hotel really operates.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Positive:
The location was absolutely perfect for us. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and there was a (tiny) gym - if you come early, you will find your spot.

We can't think of anything to moan about except that the size of the standard room is very small indeed.

We have neither tested the restaurant nor the bar, so can't say anything about the quality.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
ChandlerGM, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Thank you for your kind review and for recommending Hotel Chandler. We truly appreciate your input. We wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year! MR
Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I was in NY for meetings at NYU Medical Center. Hotel Chandler was very comfortable and I loved the shower (one of those rain forest shower head with good water pressure). The room was very small as is typical with NY hotel rooms. The lobby was being renovated so the breakfast was in one of the room suites. All in all a good deal. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for writing. I am very happy indeed that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Regards,