“Good Rooms, Good Price, Great Location”
Review of Hotel Chandler

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #147 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Have been to Manhattan many many times but consider this hotel a 'find'. Stayed for a couple of nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great rooms that have personality. It epitomises my definition of boutique. Not too large, great service, great rooms, and a bit quirky!

Service was perfect from check-in to holding my luggage on check-out.

Location is amazing, and near anything that you would want to see in mid-town Manhattan. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are looking for a quality establishment that dares to venture from the standard business hotel that you find these days.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank RLMUK
Write a ReviewReviews (3,488)

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I went to NYC and stayed at Hotel Chandler for the second time this year, and I was both times impressed with my overall stay. The hotel is VERY conveniently located (about a 2 minutes walk from the Empire State Building and Macy's!), surrounded by lots of restaurants (including the amazing brunch restaurant Penelope) and the ever-so-busy Korea Town. It is a good starting point for pretty much any walk on the island, and walking back from the Theatre District at night wasn't a problem at all. As for the rooms, I rented a deluxe queen room the first time, and a deluxe double double room the second time around. Both times I was very impressed with how clean and comfortable our room was. The soft cool white sheets always feel like they're brand new, and my mother and I even took out a pillow to note the brand (because it was THAT comfy). The rooms are pretty soundproof, and the amenities practical. We loved being able to take a cup of coffee with us every morning when we went for a walk, or to borrow an umbrella if it suddenly started raining. Hotel Chandler strives to offer an optimal customer experience... and it works! I will definitely go there again everytime I visit Manhattan, and I would recommend everyone I know to do the same!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
ChandlerGM, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

And I hope you stay here again soon! Thank you so much for including all this great information for potential guests.

It made me so very happy to read your review.I think it is the little details that make a hotel stay very special such as complimentary coffee and tea, umbrella use and sparkling clean white linenes every day.

Regards,

MR

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Second time at the Chandler Hotel and will definitely come back. The room was super clean, we even had a King bed (it was supposed to be a queen one). The only things missing were the beautiful paintings in the Lobby due to some renovations.

1  Thank Lucas L
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I spent a night here and it was amazing. I loved it completely. From room service to the gym an bar, everything was perfect. Highly suggest it too :)

1  Thank Khalifa N
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Great Location, Hotel Lobby & Bar was under construction but still a nice stay. Would stay here again next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank k c
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Chandler for her birthday suprise. We were upgraded from a Queen Supreme to a King Deluxe. The front desk staff could not do enough for us (especially Scott). The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. Some lobby construction which did not hinder our visit at all. Complementary continental breakfast and complementary wine and cheese from 5PM to PM. Toured the city (I have other reviews about that). Checked out at 10:30 on Monday morning and they held our bags for us while we ran around the city for a few more hours. An absolutely wonderfull hotel.

Room Tip: If it's a quiet weekend, ask for an upgrade!
1  Thank nimbydog
ChandlerGM, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that we were able to make this a special Birthday for your wife and hope that you will return for another special occasion in the future!

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff and Scott in particular, I will make sure he reads this.

May the New Year bring you all the good things in life!

Regards,

MR

Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed two nights at Hotel Chandler. It is a perfect hotel if you are just looking for a place to sleep/shower/change in comfort. The room was small, but we didn't spend a lot of time hanging out in it. It was very clean, the linens were luxurious, the bed comfortable. We did not interact with the staff to a great extent, but when we did everyone was pleasant and competent. Because of renovations they are offering a nightly wine and cheese reception and daily light breakfast. The reception area was comically small, but it was a nice gesture that they didn't have to make. We did not go to the breakfast either morning so can't comment on that, but the wine and cheese were nice. The room was quiet and other than walking past the renovated area, we were undisturbed by any work going on. The location was great as we took the train to Penn Station which is walking distance. It was easy to get a cab to go anywhere else. We will definitely stay there again.

1  Thank C W