“Fantastic location and good value for money”
Review of Hotel Chandler

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location and good value for money”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Have stayed in a few hotels in New York over the years for business and pleasure, we chose this one as it was reasonably priced in a good location.

Hotel was great value for money. Service was fine and room was in line with expectations. Bathroom was very clean and modern with nice toiletries. They served wine and cheese each evening which was nice and there was also free breakfast (v limited selection but hey it was free!).

Only real negative was that the room was a bit small and not that light/bright but hey what do you expect for that price in New York. I've stayed in bigger nicer rooms but payed a bigger price! I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank qwertyPhilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I was not happy with my company's new travel policy not allowing me to stay in my standard Marriott or Hilton Hotel. Instead I had to stay in a small boutique hotel - the Hotel Chandler. The rooms are a bit tired and the plumbing could use an upgrade but the lobby was just redone and nice. The reason that this received 5 stars is simply because of the excellent service that I received. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Easily 2 thumbs up!

Room Tip: The single room is quite small so I would opt for one with two beds.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ronald K
MWRobertson, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Your review reads like poetry and is certainly music to my ears! Thank you so much. I truly appreciate that you feel we provide the 'Best Service in New York'. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Very luxurious hotel, is almost as real as what you can see on the pictures... Great service and conveniently located and everything walking distance, I mean, it is NY. Rooms are unfortunately a bit too small.

Room Tip: I probably stay only in this hotel if nothing else is available.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Josco26
Boston
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This one has it all: decent rooms, good services and friendly helpful staff. Best choice in the neighborhod I have found. The bed was great and i like the style. I would recommend this one.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BostonTravelWell
MWRobertson, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
I also like the style of your review, it is wonderful to be your favorite hotel! We try our best to please and do everything it takes to make our guests happy. After all, so many of you travel a long way and spend a lot of money to experience New York!

I do hope to meet you next time!

NJ
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The hotel was really good, in a great location. Two blocks from Madison sq. garden and a block from the empire state building.
They parked our car for us and the staff was really friendly.
I would go back again and plan on it as soon. I would recommend this hotel it was priced right per night for a couple .. I thought the nightly price was just right!
Avalon,NJ

Room Tip: A nice convienent spot at a gret price plus a really nice and helpful staff
1 Thank Someone_somewhere12
UK
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 7 nights recently and can only recommend it to anyone searching for a central location, well maintained, clean hotel with friendly, helpful staff. Our room, even though we upgraded to queen/king was small but had everything we needed in it- including iron, ironing board and hairdryer. It was clean and pleasant with a good shower cubicle and excellent magnified mirror at the sink (good for applying make up for those whose eyesight is not to great). In addition all toiletries were kept well replenished. There was some maintenance going on in the hotel and although it didn't interfere with us in any way the hotel provided complimentary services such as a free breakfast (coffee, tea, buns and fruit) and wine and cheese for a few hours from 5pm. As it was our first time in New York it was great to have staff at the hotel who were able to advise on how best to get around. The hotel provided us with an adapter for the electricity (when I forgot ours) and the doormen were also very helpful and pleasant. All in all I could find no fault with the accommodation or service provided. If I was to make any suggestions it would be to recommend a kettle in the rooms and obviously when the maintenance is finished a bar to chill out in at the end of a busy day. Finally when testing the fire alarm, to make sure that residents are notified. :)

2 Thank helenccm
MWRobertson, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
I am delighted that you enjoyed a nice long week stay with us at Hotel Chandler and I truly appreciate your positive comments about our staff, they are the heartbeat of the hotel.
The remodeling is now 99% completed and our bar will be opening very soon, providing a cosy place to relax at the end of a busy day's sightseeing.

Hope we see you again soon!

Bishop, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I searched and searched for a good hotel for a good price in a good location. I found a GREAT hotel at a very reasonable price in a Great location. The staff was excellent, attentive, prompt, courteous and most of all just very welcoming. Akesia (hope I spelled it right - sorry!) the concierge was UNBELIEVABLE!! She was spot on with directions, touring suggestions, dining suggestions and reservations. We were there to celebrate the 40th birthday of my wife and her twin sister and we all loved the attentive friendly ways she helped us out. While I suppose it wasn't too hard to figure out where a big guy from Georgia wanted to eat, Ben and Jacks Steakhouse on 5th (a top 5 steakhouse I have been to and I have been to a LOT) she sat with my wife and her sister and really listened to their wishes for their birthday dinner and picked out a place they REALLY loved! (The Blue Water Grill)

The location is a block away from The Empire State building and we felt like all the things we did were very easy to access (we are walking or taxi travelers in NYC)

Everyone we encountered at Hotel Chandler, bellmen, front desk folks, cleaning staff - everyone - was exceedingly gracious and accommodating. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in future New York Trips!

Thanks for the great stay!
Jeff and Michelle

Room Tip: We got a room with 2 beds in it which turned out to be a little bigger room that our traveling compa...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
I love the title of your review and wish to thank you for highlighting our new Clefs d'Or Concierge, Akisa Sherman. Akisa recently joined Hotel Chandler and truly has her finger on the pulse of NYC. She is able to advise our guests on restaurants, nightlife, sporting and theater events, sightseeing tours, shopping and much more.

Thank you again for choosing Hotel Chandler and we hope to see you again soon!