“An unexpected surprise”

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #120 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“An unexpected surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I brought my daughter to new York for a girls weekend. We chose Hotel Chandler because of the reviews. The hotel is a bit off the beaten path but only a $10 cab ride to just about anywhere in Manhattan. Definitely walking distance to many great shopping and entertainment options. The hotel was recently renovated. The staff was outstanding. They truely go above and beyond. The rooms are on the small side but that's not new for NYC. We had a great time and I would stay there again. I felt like we got a lot for our money. Most impressive was the staff and how they made you feel like they were welcoming you home every time you came through the door.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Davelle1207

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Have stayed in a few hotels in New York over the years for business and pleasure, we chose this one as it was reasonably priced in a good location.

Hotel was great value for money. Service was fine and room was in line with expectations. Bathroom was very clean and modern with nice toiletries. They served wine and cheese each evening which was nice and there was also free breakfast (v limited selection but hey it was free!).

Only real negative was that the room was a bit small and not that light/bright but hey what do you expect for that price in New York. I've stayed in bigger nicer rooms but payed a bigger price! I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank qwertyPhilly
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I was not happy with my company's new travel policy not allowing me to stay in my standard Marriott or Hilton Hotel. Instead I had to stay in a small boutique hotel - the Hotel Chandler. The rooms are a bit tired and the plumbing could use an upgrade but the lobby was just redone and nice. The reason that this received 5 stars is simply because of the excellent service that I received. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Easily 2 thumbs up!

Room Tip: The single room is quite small so I would opt for one with two beds.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ronald K
MWRobertson, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Your review reads like poetry and is certainly music to my ears! Thank you so much. I truly appreciate that you feel we provide the 'Best Service in New York'. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Bristol, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Very luxurious hotel, is almost as real as what you can see on the pictures... Great service and conveniently located and everything walking distance, I mean, it is NY. Rooms are unfortunately a bit too small.

Room Tip: I probably stay only in this hotel if nothing else is available.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Josco26
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

This one has it all: decent rooms, good services and friendly helpful staff. Best choice in the neighborhod I have found. The bed was great and i like the style. I would recommend this one.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BostonTravelWell
MWRobertson, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
I also like the style of your review, it is wonderful to be your favorite hotel! We try our best to please and do everything it takes to make our guests happy. After all, so many of you travel a long way and spend a lot of money to experience New York!

I do hope to meet you next time!

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

The hotel was really good, in a great location. Two blocks from Madison sq. garden and a block from the empire state building.
They parked our car for us and the staff was really friendly.
I would go back again and plan on it as soon. I would recommend this hotel it was priced right per night for a couple .. I thought the nightly price was just right!
Avalon,NJ

Room Tip: A nice convienent spot at a gret price plus a really nice and helpful staff
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Someone_somewhere12
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 7 nights recently and can only recommend it to anyone searching for a central location, well maintained, clean hotel with friendly, helpful staff. Our room, even though we upgraded to queen/king was small but had everything we needed in it- including iron, ironing board and hairdryer. It was clean and pleasant with a good shower cubicle and excellent magnified mirror at the sink (good for applying make up for those whose eyesight is not to great). In addition all toiletries were kept well replenished. There was some maintenance going on in the hotel and although it didn't interfere with us in any way the hotel provided complimentary services such as a free breakfast (coffee, tea, buns and fruit) and wine and cheese for a few hours from 5pm. As it was our first time in New York it was great to have staff at the hotel who were able to advise on how best to get around. The hotel provided us with an adapter for the electricity (when I forgot ours) and the doormen were also very helpful and pleasant. All in all I could find no fault with the accommodation or service provided. If I was to make any suggestions it would be to recommend a kettle in the rooms and obviously when the maintenance is finished a bar to chill out in at the end of a busy day. Finally when testing the fire alarm, to make sure that residents are notified. :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank helenccm
MWRobertson, Director of Sales at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
I am delighted that you enjoyed a nice long week stay with us at Hotel Chandler and I truly appreciate your positive comments about our staff, they are the heartbeat of the hotel.
The remodeling is now 99% completed and our bar will be opening very soon, providing a cosy place to relax at the end of a busy day's sightseeing.

Hope we see you again soon!