“Great price, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Chandler

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #122 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dallas, Texas
“Great price, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2008

Our company pushes this hotel since it is a very reasonably priced Manhattan hotel and to my surprise it is terrific. The hotel has nearly brand new appointments with flat panel tv's, king sized beds, alarm clocks with iPod connection, etc. Staff are nice enough, especially by NYC standards.
It's not located in Times Square but what you sacrifice in location you'll appreciate in your wallet. I've stayed at other properities in NYC (Grand Hyatt, Doubletree on Lexington) and the rooms here are just as nice and you don't feel like you were taken to the cleaners in the process.

• Liked — Location and value
  • Disliked — Small elevators
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank CarterD91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Montreal,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2008

I just returned from my trip to NYC with a friend and our mothers. The hotel was amazing, very beautiful! The people who work at the front desk were very polite and helpful. To be honest the whole staff was.. The doormen were extremly helpful with everything and very very polite. They helped us to get taxis, and basically anything else we had asked or we didnt ask for but they thought would be nice. They were a very nice bunch of boys. I honestly did not want to leave and they made the experience alot more fun. I wish I could have gotten to know them alittle better and to be able to stay in contact with them. All in all the hotel was beautiful way more then I expected, perfect location for everything.

• Liked — The doormen
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Montreal60
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

My daughter and I just returned from a weekend in NYC where we stayed at the Hotel Chandler. I was unsure of what to expect from this hotel, but was truly pleasantly surprised. Our room was upgraded to a king and was very clean and well maintained. The location was excellent and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. We were able to walk to all of the attractions in midtown Manhattan from this hotel. We had a terrific weekend and would certainly return to and recommend the Hotel Chandler.

• Liked — The location, the price and the cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank CanadaTraveller123
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Chandler from July 22nd-July 26th. The hotel was great. Great location in Manhattan for us. We were able to walk almost anywhere we wanted to go. We really liked the hotel for the location. A couple minutes to the Empire State building, and about a 5 minute walk to Macy's. Great locations around the hotel for breakfast too. Check out Caprice on 5th Avenue for breakfast. Yummy. The room was smaller than what we have been used to, but we were only in it to sleep and shower. It was nicely decorated, and very quiet. The hotel is a little worn around the edges, but overall really nice. The staff were very nice and very helpful as well. I would definitely stay again at the Chandler.

• Liked — the location, just off 5th ave
  • Disliked — nothing
1 Thank akphotog
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2008

I travel frequently for work and am in NYC at least once a month. I recently stayed at Hotel Chandler because my client had special rates there.

The staff was very nice --I'll give them points for customer service.

The MAJOR dilemma with this hotel was the bathroom. I kid you not, when I say that I could not get into the shower. I'm not a large person (5'4, 125lbs) and the opening between the glass shower door and the toilet was less than 5 inches. The door literally HITS the toilet and you have to climb OVER the toilet to get in. I spent 20 minutes trying to get in to take a shower after an all-day flight and was beyond frustrated. I can't imagine what would have happened if I was larger, or not as flexible.

When I did finally wedge myself in, I noticed that the shower head is smack dab in the middle of the shower--so you have to reach past it to turn on the water and are inevitably shocked by either HOT water, or FREEZING cold water. Also, there were no shelves or places to put shampoo or soap! I had to set my bar of soap on the tiles and the water pooled all around it (because the drain doesn’t work well).

**on my 2nd day staying at this hotel, I had to have mainenance come in and fix the shower door so that it opened in. They had to use brute force to push the door INTO the shower. I thought the glass would break.

The bed was decent. Room service menu left MUCH to be desired. They did nice turn-down service…but my door didn’t lock from within and it was flimsy. I had a room right next to the elevator and I could hear the “ding” of the bell each and every time someone stopped on my floor. I could also see the bright hall lights because my door ended an inch or two above the carpet.

All in all, I have stayed at MUCH better boutique hotels. This one is NOT worth it.

• Liked — Free wireless internet access
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CACouple111
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2008

We stayed at the Hotel Chandler this past weekend, July 12th & 13th 2008. From the time we arrived everything was better than expected. We received a very warm welcome from the front desk and even received an upgrade to a Deluxe Queen.

The room furnishings were very nice and the bedding extra comfortable. The bathroom was surprisingly large and nicely outfitted.

The staff was every bit as helpful as they could possibly be. We were on a tight schedule and they assisted with information about the theatre we were heading to.

The weekend was extra special thanks to our experience at The Hotel Chandler. We will definitely be staying here again in the near future.

• Liked — the little extras not found at most hotels
  • Disliked — there was nothing that we didn't like about the hotel
3 Thank JoeDavis
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2008

I've just returned back to the UK from NYC I stayed at Hotel Chandler in April 2007 and returned this week as a birthday present for my partner. He was equally impressed with the hotel. The hotel and service is fantastic, such a nice hotel to stay at, the hotel is quiet, which is just what you need when you return from a busy day of sightseeing round Manhatten. Excellent location too, just two blocks from Empire State Building. Would definately stay there again.

2 Thank Maltking