“Comfortable and efficient stay”
Review of Hotel Chandler

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #134 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Seoul, South Korea
“Comfortable and efficient stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My mother and I stayed over for three nights. The service was very nice and accommodating. Door men were helpful getting us a taxi. The location was perfect for us since we wanted to dine at Asian restaurants and the hotel was right next to K-towm. The room was comfortable, efficient and clean. The view was not great, but this did not bother us at all because we would not have chosen to stay in NYC if it were for the view. There is a Starbucks within a block. The Empire State Bldg is within a walking distance. We both love walking so we walked around the city most of the time and everything we wanted were close by.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We picked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews alone, having never heard of it before. Thank you all - it was fabulous.
Staff were brilliant, Charlie the Concierge left us some congratulatory chocolates in our room as we had mentioned that NY was the first stop on our honeymoon. Main reception desk and doormen staff were great too.
Rooms were clean, comfortable and mostly well equipped (no tea or coffee making facilities in the room - only by reception). Bathroom had a great large powerful shower. Molton Brown goodies in the room.
We didn't eat at the restaurant so cant comment on that but were offered a free bottle of wine with a meal if we did.

Well located hotel, right near the Empire State building and good for shopping!
Four minor niggles (that did not affect our stay - call it constructive criticism(
1) internet was annoying - it logged out every time you left the hotel, so you had to log in each time. Not the biggest complaint but if other hotel wifi can recognise you when you are in the building again, why cant the Chandler's??
2) as with all hotels in NY - rooms are small. Bathroom was a good size though.
3) aircon in our room (635, I think) was loud, with loud fans right outside the window. Thankfully we wore ourselves out every day, so were too tired by this noise to affect our sleep.
4) as mentioned before - the tea and coffee facilities are not in room - but are located next to the reception on the ground floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Everett
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice location. Right next to korean town you can get good Asian food all day easily. Empire State Building just across the street. Two pharmacies nearby. More importantly, some sightseeing bus have stop near hotel. The room is nice. I really love the iPod player in the room. It's a nice place. Very quite, this is rare in NYC. I would like to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This trip was for business and I was only there for one night. I checked in very early and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. The bellman was very helpful with walking directions as well as information about hotel services. Complimentary coffee and tea are available in the lobby all day. My room was on the fifth floor and it was surprisingly quiet during the night for a hotel in the middle of the city so I assume great windows :) the room was equipped with everything that a business traveler may need, high speed and reliable wifi, a writing desk, clean and super comfortable bed, high quality towels, sheets, and Molton Brown bath products. I wish the room was bigger but for a single traveler it was the perfect size. I received a welcome hand written note from the concierge which was a nice touch. I ordered room service and the food was of high quality and delivered within 20 minutes.

I would definitely return to Hotel Chandler.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kawawes
Timaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I chose the Hotel Chandler from Trip Advisor reviews - being my first time in New York and only there for 2 days I wanted something central and user friendly.

I was not disappointed - I can not speak highly enough of their staff, and particularly the boys at the Concierge Desk - they simply cant't do enough for you. They provided good recommendations for eating, helped with getting taxis, gave me directions to shops I was trying to get to, and even advice on the subway. For a New York newbie, this was exactly what I needed, and it made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable and a lot less stressful. Friendly, helpful, nothing was a bother, and good recommendations - you can't ask for more than that.

The room was comfortable, and had everything needed, but small - this was ok, as I had ordered a small room, and only slept there any way - the two days were full of exploring, shopping and sight seeing. There is also a well appointed lounge on the ground floor, which was nice to chill in when more space was needed. The lounge covers two areas, and is big enough that there is 'space' for each party in it.

The Hotel is well situated in central Manhattan, close enough to the Madison Ave subway, and a couple of small blocks from the Empire State Building.

I found it a great location, and easy to get to and from as I ranged from Central Park right down to the bottom tip of Manhattan.

I would very happily stay at the Hotel Chandler again - the helpfulness and great attitude of their team just made for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ross W
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were bumped from another hotel we had booked due to a technical glitch and they put us at The Chandler. Turned out to be even better that we expected! Very nice hotel, great rooms, super nice staff. Hope to be back one day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel had a great location, for shopping, sightseeing and restaurants. The staff was nice and polite. Negativ: room was loud. I could hear a lot of noise outside my window and in the hallway. If you are a heavy sleeper it should be fine. The other thing is that my ring went missing in my hotel room. It noticed it first when I travelled back to my country. I called the hotel and explained the situation and asked if they could hear with the housekeeper if they have found the ring in my hotel room. Days have passed and I haven't heard anything from the hotel concerning my ring. I kept the ring on the table next to my bed, and not in the safe. So I should take responsibilities for it being gone. But when you stay at a nice luxury hotel one should not be concerned that things will be missing from the room. To conclude: the hotel is nice, clean and have a great location, but you should at all times keep valuable things in the safe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business