“Class Act”
Review of Hotel Chandler

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #134 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel staff very nice and friendly, good sized bedroom and bathroom for NYC and overall good value for money. Would definitely return for business or leisure trips. Small things made a big difference e.g. complimentary coffee to go available in reception which was great when in a hurry first thing in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan M
ChandlerMgr, General Manager at Hotel Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Alan M,

Thank you for recent review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the 24-hour fresh coffee and tea in the lobby. We think our details are what make each stay an experience to remember. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

A very good, quiet and well located hotel. Friendly, efficient staff and very comfortable rooms. Good value for money. Shame that there was wasn't a buffet for breakfast - limited choice. I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I recently stayed here on a business trip to NYC and loved this hotel. The location was perfect - just around the corner from the Empire State Building. Rooms were a bit small but with NYC it was expected(if I was traveling with family - we'd probably need 2 rooms). The service was great. I arrived early and they did not have a room ready. The front desk said they would call when a room was ready - which they did. Overall - this was a great place to stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear BedfordSoccerMom,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, we are very lucky to be located in the heart of Manhattan. We pride ourselves on great customer service therefore it is nice to hear that the Front Desk agents were able to get you in to your room early .We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Fell short of my expectations. Don't waste your money staying here. Small uncomfortable room and staff that doesn't accommodate simple needs of the guests. Stay elsewhere for this kind of money. Doormen and morning housekeeper on 4th were fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gina G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and I am therefore disappointed to hear that your needs were not fully satisfied. After further review of your stay with us I did see that you reported an issue with your AC Unit and that therefore the engineers did monitor the unit to ensure it was working properly. If there were any issues that were not brought to our attention I would be more than happy to discuss them further. Please feel free to contact me personally and I hope you will consider us during your next visit to New York.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Ok - so my view was of a fire escape, BUT as a result I heard NONE of the city noise and got one of the best nights sleep I have ever had in NY City. The staff is extremely friendly. Nicolie at the front desk was very helpful, and the bartender always poured the perfect head on the beer. Central location makes it convenient to just about everywhere in the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Robert T,

I could not be happier to hear that you had great night’s sleep at Hotel Chandler! Our staff is always happy to hear that their service was appreciated and Nicole will be happy to hear your lovely comments. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is one of NYC's best kept secrets. I was not happy with the first room I was shown, and asked the hotel to change my room so I could at least have a view of the street, not an alley. The front desk manager was happy to grant my request, but as it was an upgrade, it would cost extra. I decided to pay the extra $30, but when he escorted me up to the room, clearly someone had been smoking in it, so right away, he just gave me the room at no extra cost and had housekeeping clean the room to remove the smell of smoke. Thank you to George Bartzopoulos. Great job. Only suggestion I have is to please broaden the wine list with more selections at better prices -- it is a tad steep for what is being offered. Would def stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chrisanng
Reviewed 21 June 2014

From the street, it looks very simple, but once you get in it's very elegant and unique. Nice smell in the corridor and in the rooms. The room was very pretty and comfortable. Complimentary WiFi. Helpful staff. And most important, the bed was awesome!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple