“Great Location and quaint hotel”
Review of Hotel Chandler

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #129 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Choose this hotel after reading the reviews. They were accurate. Rooms are small but well appointed and clean. The front staff were friendly and helpful. We especially liked the list of restaurants the hotel gave us to guide us in our choice of restaraunts. We choose a restaruant from each level and all were good. Central location and easy to get to all main attractions.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert T

Reviewed 8 August 2009

Small rooms, but very well decorated. Very clean and organized. Beds were so confortable and soft. Hair dryer and built in ironing board were a nice touch. The staff were very friendly and help full. The room prices and Hotel location were great for Mid Town.
On the negatives, we needed a Cab to accomadate 5 passengers to go back to the airport. The Front Desk did not seem to make much of an effort to handle this request. It seems they have agreements with certain Cabs for pickups. We had to take care of it ourselfs. Also, I had the breakfast Rate on my room. I noticed the price at the door to the dining room was 17$. I ate there for 3 mornings and the only things I saw put out were cereals, fruits, and pastrys. I did not find out until my check out that I could have ordered eggs, pancakes, and waffles. The waiter never once mentioned this to me or any other diners present. I mentoned this to the Front Desk and they just shrugged it off . Also, when I told the waiterthat there were small flys inside the fresh fruit container, he just laughed , shook them off and keep on working.
These are small problems in detail. I would still stay there again when I return to the City. I would recomend it to all my friends. Just make sure that you "order" eggs and pancakes each morning with your breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank greg-in-j-town
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Nice, clean hotel on a not so busy side street, but close to subway entrances and bus stops. Only one train stop from Grand Central Station, walking distance from the Empire State Building, and close to Penn Station. Restaurants nearby, including a very good one directly behind the hotel on E. 30th - Ravagh Persian Grill, go around the block in front of the hotel to E. 32nd for Sushi. Other options abound, pizza, subs, Dunkin Doughnut, snacks, etc. The staff was awesome, always a friendly smile and upbeat attitude. They make you feel special. Negatives, no vending machines on the property, unless you want to buy the snacks/drink in your room (and I don't have to mention what that would cost!!!). No ice machine; however, the staff will run a bucket up to your room in no time. Free Wi-Fi, free toothbrush/toothpaste and other hygiene type items. The street in front of the hotel is nothing to write home about, but it has a safe feel. If you're on the back side of the hotel the view is significantly less than desirable, best to erase that memory. The rooms are small; however, the beds are very comfortable, the AC worked well, flat screen TV on the wall most certainly freed up space from the CRT days. Two guest elevators that worked well. Negative - free coffee in the lobby is very, very weak; however, hot water is available and a nice assortment of teas. Buffet breakfast was included (if not included you'll cough up $16) with one of our rooms, but appeared to only consist of bagels, toast, pastries, cereal and fresh fruit (more continental than buffet). On the last day (after we ate) we found out that pancakes, french toast and eggs were included (all you had to do is ask). Well, trust me, that was the best kept secret of the hotel, not a single guest in the dining area took advantage of the cooked to order items over the four mornings we ate there. Bottom line, we like the place and would certainly come back for the price we paid, one room with a queen bed ($149/night average), our other room had two doubles, and the breakfast ($179/night average).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank DealScout
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Here for 5 nights in June and would be happy to stay there again. The location is very convenient for the subway and the Empire State Building. The room was comfortable and a high standard (if a little on the small side for US) We liked the ipod dock and the walk-in shower. The room was incredibly quiet, the downside to that was the complete lack of view (looked out onto a well between other buildings, some with boarded up windows, couldn't see the sky). Free tea and coffee in the lobby is a nice touch. Staff on the front desk were friendly and helpful. Breakfast a bit over-priced, you can get hot food but you won't be offered, you need to ask! Better to go out if you have the time.

Reviewed 7 August 2009

We're a little late in posting this review, but wanted to share our endorsement of the Chandler as a very crisp, comfortable and convenient choice when in Manhattan. The room was exceptionally comfortable [we upgraded to a Jr Suite] and the finishes were relatively new. The staff was helpful, but not over-eager, if you know what I mean.

Location makes it easy to transition from lower Manhattan [where our son lives] to the Upper East Side. We would recommend the Chandler as a good choice, and would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 4 August 2009

great location, however, the rooms were small. I loved the shower that was centered in the ceiling and the water came out hard, great for rinsing. My husband did not care for it. He preferred the shower head to come off. The bathroom and room was extremely small. House keeping was very attentive if you needed anything. The front desk and bell boy were short and sweet.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2009

My boyfriend and I recently stayed in the Hotel Chandler on a trip to NY. Staff were superb and the room was excellent. Regarding the location it was spot on. Close enough to all the main attractions but on a quiet street so a good nights sleep was never disturbed. I would highly regard this hotel and will certainly stay in it again if I am ever lucky enough to return to the Big Apple :)