“Bryant Park...Outstanding!”

Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Anderson, SC
“Bryant Park...Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

We had a great stay at the Bryant Park Hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful, especially Alejandro, Ryan, Luis, Eric and Darren.
Alejandro, thanks for the advice on the Peter Luger's sauce. You were right...it is great.
Ryan, thanks for the Pronto Pizza hook up. It was the best I've ever had.
Eric, thanks for the email prior to our trip with the recommendations.
Luis, thanks for the great Chicago seats. It made it so much better on the second row..
Darren, thanks for the wine and handwritten letter when we arrived; that was very thoughtful.
The location is perfect. Close enough to everything, but tucked away in the serene Bryant Park. Our nicely sized suite (1109) was also perfect. Well worth the upgrade price. Once again, the staff was unbelievable. We see now why this hotel is ranked in the top ten of all hotels in NY. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank SC_Traveler1109

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Korean first
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

I booked this hotel for a business trip that was not expected. It was short notice and my normal hotels were booked. How happy am I that I was able to at the Bryant Park Hotel. It was a great, trendy, clean, high quality hotel. The bathroom was the largest I have seen in New York City to date. The separate shower was really nice and the water pressure was fantastic!! The service was amazing. I was able to stay in a room overlooking Bryant Park and it was such a great view. The one thing you will definitely need is ear plugs because there are a lot of birds living in Bryant Park that seem to stay up all night. :-) As a frequent traveler to New York City, I always bring ear plugs with me anyway because of the city noise that I am not used to.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MaxLuxury
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. After reading about the birdie sounds I have a feeling the sound machine birdie button was activated. Our housekeepers activate the birdie sounds as part of turn down. Please let me know when you are planning on returning I will make sure you do not hear birds. Once again it was a pleasure having you as a guest. I hope to hear from you soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Traveling to NYC is something I do at least 2 times a year. I try to stay at different hotels and different areas...after staying at the Bryant Park Hotel, I will no longer be staying anywhere else. The rooms are roomy...we had a living room, king size bed and a bathroom that was big enough for 2 people at the same time (if you have traveled to NYC before, you know that is next to impossible in the city). The concierge was SUPERB! Every question I had for him he had more than enough information and recommended some great restaurants.
Another great thing about Bryant Park is the location...it did not matter where I needed to go, the Subway is right on the corner. Grand Central station is just a few blocks away.
There is also a really chic bar on the 1st level of the hotel...great drinks and great music!
Cant wait for my trip next year...looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cajungirl728
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that our concierge exceeded your expectations. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the Cellar Bar, I hope you were able to take advantage of the open bar from 5-6pm, it seems to be a big hit for our guests. Please let me know when you are planning to return, I will try my best to get you the same room you had the last time, this way you feel at home! Have a great summer, Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Went to stay for my birthday, had asked for a bit of a view and it was lovely! Overlooked the park with city-scape views. <room 1904!>
Junior suite was spacious for NYC - with a lovely bed, little sitting area, desk, and a stunning large bathroom. Balcony had a little table and chairs. Quite white and simple with cool lighting.Room was cleaned well everyday. Enjoyed room service breakfast and the salmon was far more than its simple description - would recommend. Funky dark red-padded lift, smart foyer.
They'd organised balloons and 2 cupcakes from Crumbs for my birthday.
Very romantic, would def stay there again.
Might be worth giving Koi (inhouse) restaurant a miss - uber trendy but waited 1hr for booked table and food / service just average - only fault with stay.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank SWManc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

This hotel is amazing, the staff are really helpful, the location is fantastic and the room was perfect. Very modern with a big bathroom with separate bath & shower and very comfy bed. Although I was kind of already sold at the Molton Brown toiletries, that was a very nice touch. The hotel is only a short stroll from the stores on 34th St, a 1/2 block from 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from Times Square. We arrived at the hotel at about 8am after an overnight flight from California and while the staff weren't obliged to provide our room to us until 2pm, we wondered around Central Park and 5th / 6th avenues until 12pm then thought we'd try our luck as to whether the room was ready yet and lo and behold, it was! We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and in NYC in general and are planning to come back soon!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jedisson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

The hotel is perfectly located in front of Bryant Park. The rooms are spacious, with hardwood floor (yay no carpet!), contemporary, well maintained and very comfortable. I went with my family (2 kids, 5 and 8, and my husband) and everyone enjoyed it greatly. The staff is absolutely aware of what service is all about. There isn't anything more important when away from home, than to feel welcomed and pampered. This hotel is about people being like people and treating their guests idem. Room service 24 hrs, wonderful tub (Molton Brown products), good food, honest service and smiles. So this is the type of hotel where even if you come with your kids you don't feel like you have to put up with the typical "children friendly" hotel (which translates to the worst of the worst that you can get). A hotel where you will be gracefully treated like an adult and your kids (if they come with you) will be cheerfully and respectfully treated like kids (not idiots). The manager and staff really went out of their way to be nice. We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lavivis
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

We just returned from a weekend at the Bryant Park and we didn't want to leave! From the perfect room (which Darren and Robert were most kind to upgrade) to the fabulous bathroom, (best shower ever, great products, towels, bathrobes) to the best location, Bryant Park staff provides service par excellence. They are friendly, curteous, knowledgeable and accomodating. You have the question? They have the answer. We'll return as soon as possible.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple