“Very nice, indeed”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Made last minute reservations to meet friends in Manhattan over July 4th weekend. Online reservations straightforward and easy. Rate was reasonable by Midtown standards. Check in at hotel very friendly, and despite the fact that we were hours early, they permitted us to check in (at 10:30 am). Lobby was finished to a high standard.

Room was exactly as requested, comfy and very quiet (given Midtown location). Bed was firm, pillows nice. Bathroom was nicely appointed, and PERFECTLY clean. Flat screen HDTV, nice minibar, and table and chair were all fine.

The one thing that struck me most about the place was the willingness of the staff to not only be responsive to the customer's needs, but also to try to anticipate needs by offering additional (free) services. They don't try to upsell the customer, but to try to ensure that the guest is very well taken care of. Nice work, gentlemen. We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Dear jOe, thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that we had your room ready early and that you felt we exceeded your expectations. Our Housekeeping team work very hard and I am sure they will appreciate your kind words about the cleanliness of your room. I hope you come back to visit soon. If I can ever be of assistance, please let me know. Thank you Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 2 July 2011

I visited this hotel on a business trip as I needed to visit offices both on Broadway and Times Square. The hotel is smart and clean, house-keeping was top-notch and efficient. The door staff was real friendly (even when I rolled in at 4am!). I could go on and on but I'd just be repeating what the other guests have said already.

One thing that sets this hotel apart from others is the level of service I received due to my disability. I have a hearing loss and the hotel staff bent over backwards to ensure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. I had equipment provided to alert me to the phone, door knocks, fire alarm etc and the staff knew exactly how it needed to be set up.

Thanks Darren, you and your staff provide a great service. I look forward to returning!

Reviewed 24 June 2011

My fiance and I visited this hotel on our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Robert upgraded our room and was able to accomodate an early check-in and a late check-out for us, which worked perfectly with our travel schedule and made everything stress free. We were also surprised to find a bottle of champagne and happy anniversary note in our fantastic room overlooking the park. We decided that the Bryant Park Hotel is THE place we will stay when visiting NYC. Thanks very much to everyone who made our stay such a pleasant experience :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMK333
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The staff was friendly and welcoming and accommodated all of our requests. We were upgraded to a suite with a balcony - the room was awesome - huge bathtub with great products - fabulous shower - great windows.

Yummy bed and comfy furniture - excellent sound system I could hook up my IPOD to. Loved the sexy lighting in the room and the yummy chocolates and turndown service.
The elevators are sensual with the red lights and red leather walls.

Great bar in the cellar with free drinks on Friday night.

Was so very happy and slept so well - and then I could cross the street and take off my shoes and walk in the grass at the park. Way cool to have this kind of experience in the Big Apple.

Thank you Bryant Park Hotel for making this stay so fabulously wonderful. WOohoo.

Room Tip: Just ask
2  Thank MeowGoddess
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Hello Meow Goddess, Thank you so much for your review! My staff and I remember you well and can't wait for you to return. You put a smile on all of our faces. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax and unwind. Please let me know when you plan on returning, have a great summer. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com .

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Very modern, stylish, and sleek. Great bathroom. We had car problems and everyone was incredibly accommodating and kind.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lesliebarry

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for recognizing my team for assisting you with your car. It sounds like you were able to put your worries behind you and still be able to enjoy yourself. hope you reached home safely and get your car back from the repair shop soon. I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 19 June 2011

We had a great stay at the Bryant Park Hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful, especially Alejandro, Ryan, Luis, Eric and Darren.
Alejandro, thanks for the advice on the Peter Luger's sauce. You were right...it is great.
Ryan, thanks for the Pronto Pizza hook up. It was the best I've ever had.
Eric, thanks for the email prior to our trip with the recommendations.
Luis, thanks for the great Chicago seats. It made it so much better on the second row..
Darren, thanks for the wine and handwritten letter when we arrived; that was very thoughtful.
The location is perfect. Close enough to everything, but tucked away in the serene Bryant Park. Our nicely sized suite (1109) was also perfect. Well worth the upgrade price. Once again, the staff was unbelievable. We see now why this hotel is ranked in the top ten of all hotels in NY. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank SC_Traveler1109
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I booked this hotel for a business trip that was not expected. It was short notice and my normal hotels were booked. How happy am I that I was able to at the Bryant Park Hotel. It was a great, trendy, clean, high quality hotel. The bathroom was the largest I have seen in New York City to date. The separate shower was really nice and the water pressure was fantastic!! The service was amazing. I was able to stay in a room overlooking Bryant Park and it was such a great view. The one thing you will definitely need is ear plugs because there are a lot of birds living in Bryant Park that seem to stay up all night. :-) As a frequent traveler to New York City, I always bring ear plugs with me anyway because of the city noise that I am not used to.

3  Thank MaxLuxury
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. After reading about the birdie sounds I have a feeling the sound machine birdie button was activated. Our housekeepers activate the birdie sounds as part of turn down. Please let me know when you are planning on returning I will make sure you do not hear birds. Once again it was a pleasure having you as a guest. I hope to hear from you soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com