“Nice hotel and good location but a little overpriced.”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #10 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London
“Nice hotel and good location but a little overpriced.”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We had a room on the 18th floor that was a good size and a comfortable bed, the bathroom was very nice and luxurious.

We had a couple of niggles though, there was basically no storage in the room apart from a minuscule wardrobe and two tiny shelves - not enough for a couple to unpack their suitcases into!

The view from our room was literally of a brick wall from both windows, I know we didn't pay the premium for a park view room but we didn't expect that!

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful and bent over backwards to fix an item that was broken by the maid in our room.

Overall the hotel was lovely and in a fantastic location and I would recommend it.

Oh yeah - very interesting room service menu, ha ha!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Hotel was beautiful,super clean with a great location in midtown. Service was great. Every staff member was helpful and friendly! There should be no other choice but that of the Bryant Park Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Hi PatrickwNewYork_NY, Thank you for your review, I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us! especially the praises you made about Robert, Antonio, Jose, Suzie and Eric! They are all super stars and were very touched to see that you remembered all of their names. I hope you come back soon, we would love to have you back! If I can ever be of assistance please let me know. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I recently stayed at the Bryant Park for my Birthday this past weekend & for the second time, had an amazing stay! My first contact with the hotel for this stay was with Patrick in Reservations, who took great care of everything & was so nice & friendly over the phone! A few days before I arrived, Robert Falco from the Front Desk e-mailed me, inquiring if I needed anything special for my stay, etc. He was so nice & arranged a special amenity for me that I requested & I really appreciated him contacting me- this is a really great touch & makes the hotel seem special before you even arrive! Robert is awesome!! Thanks for everything!!

I arrived around 4pm & was checked in by Antonio, who recoginzed me from my first stay & was super kind & a great first impression for the hotel! My room, 1405, had a great view over the Park & very bright! I absolutely loved 4 things about my room: Absolutely amazing rain shower, super comfy bed with good pillows, clean hardwood floors & Molton Brown products in the bathroom!! the shower is just so incredible!! The mini-bar is well-stocked & I really loved the layout of my room. Also, the sound-proofing between the rooms is amazing! you can't hear anyone else talking!

Room service has really good food, as well! The Grilled Cheese w/ Tomato & Bacon is pretty amazing & the fries are so good! The Warm Chocolate cake is also amazing:) The breakfast & late-night menus were also great! The room service team is also really friendly, including Ian, Jose & Suzie! all super nice & the food arrived on time.

Eric at check-out was also very kind & super efficient! He asked how everything was & was a very nice farewell to a perfect stay! I would just like to mention that everyone working at the hotel was so down to earth & friendly- sometimes a rarity in NYC hotels. The rooms are great & quite spacious & the hotel has a modern, but laid back vibe that I really adore! I also love having such easy access to the Park. I live in the city, but love to stay at hotels in the city for a weekend occasionally, & the Bryant Park is def. one of my favorite hotels in the city! I'll surely be back soon:)

Best,
Patrick Winkler
NYC

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Toronto
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My new favourite hotel! The hotel itself is beautiful, and in a great location. We stayed in a Bryant Park Suite and it was perfect. The room was modern, with a separate bedroom and two bathrooms. The main bathroom had a huge bathtub and windows that looked out over Bryant Park. I will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank yyzcupcakes
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We don't travel to NYC that often. A friend recommended the Bryant Park. We had a GREAT experience and will definitely return. Great location. Wonderful staff. Beautiful, clean room. Free open bar from 5-6 weekdays....what's not to like!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Having compared many hotel reviews, my husband and I finally decided upon The Bryant Park Hotel for our recent trip to NYC. We much prefer boutique hotels and this one certainly did not disappoint. The location is superb, the Bryant Park itself is a wonderful oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of such a busy city - a great place to chill out.
From check in (very swift and friendly greeting by Robert - thank you) to check-out (late check out arranged with Nicole's assistance - thank you), nothing seemed to be too much trouble. I had contacted the hotel in advance of our arrival with a request for additional pillows - required due to having had surgery earlier in the year. Not only was my request honoured, but our room was upgraded and I also received a get well card from the staff. It was my birthday whilst I was there too and I was also treated to cupcakes and a balloon in celebration - I was certainly looked after very well indeed. Darren Sumner, Director of Front Desk and Guest Services, telephoned me upon arrival to check if we required anything else - a very nice touch which was greatly appreciated.
The hotel itself is 'very cool' and spotlessly clean. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to visit the Cellar Bar which now offers an open bar for residents every week night. It's obviously a popular spot though as there were queues of partygoers outside on a number of evenings (although we certainly didn't hear any music when we retired to bed).
Our room was very spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom had a large bath and a wonderful rainfall shower with fresh towels etc provided not only during the daily room cleaning but at the evening turn-down service too. I have no hesitation in recommending The Bryant Park Hotel - I certainly hope that I will have the opportunity to visit again in the not too distant future.
Many thanks again Darren to yourself and your very efficient team!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Stayed here for one night in December while on a business trip. Spectacular location, beautiful hotel. The staff could not have been more accomodating. They upgraded me to a one-bedroom suite overlooking the ice rink. Wow - room was incredible. View was incredible.

I have to put in a special note to the front desk guy the morning of my departure. I went down to the front desk looking for a cup of coffee pretty early in the a.m., and the associate said that the place next door would have coffee but wasn't sure if they were open yet. I didn't have my coat with me, so he volunteered to run outside and check for me. I think that is above and beyond service and something I will remember.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business