“Fantastic hotel in a great location”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Southampton
“Fantastic hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The staff here are really something else. From the liveried doormen to everyone on "front of house", they ensured that my trip was great in every way, and nothing was too much trouble. Eric in particular was brilliant, going beyond what I would expect with service, even in the USA. The hotel is in an excellent location, with most attractions being within walking distance. I did not make use of the free happy hour since I was not in the hotel at that time of day. The room was excellent (worth paying for an upgrade), and I will definitely be back. I loved the fact that it is also a totally no smoking hotel. Well done Bryant park!

Room Tip: Go for an upgrade. it's worth it.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
austin,Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Thank-you Nicole for your warmth, and hospitality. We love coming to The Bryant Park, because of the clean comfortable rooms, the friendly staff, the great location.Saying hello and goodbye to you and your staff is like a family experience. The hotel never dissapoints.Everyone is eager to help with great recommendations and subway routes. The Park is across the street, lending it's location to a great open feel.

Room Tip: corner rooms are large and sunny
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
San Anselmo, California
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed at the BPH for a week this October. Very nice hotel. What made it exceptional thought was the concierge Eric. He was AMAZING!!! I have never been taken care of as well or as much as he did. Kudos to Eric! As for the hotel itself, the room was nice. I'll give it a B+. The food in the restaurant, however, was marginal. Poor breakfasts. Went elsewhere after two tries. Eric, on the other hand, helped me find amazing restaurants like Blue Hill, Marea, WD-50, Modern, and Degustation. He made reservations and got me tickets to a show (Book of Mormon, War Horse, How to Suceed, Anyting Goes, and the WONDERFULLY finny Prescilla Queen of the Desert! Every night. GREAT seats!!! I plan to go back in the Spring and I will certainly be staying at the BPH - which is located in a perfect area of the City. Close to B'way, shops, museums, transit, everything. I highly recommend staying there and please do yourself a favor and ask for Eric. You will be very well taken care of. Have fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a window view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Steve B
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so glad to hear that Eric our Concierge took such great care of you. We are very happy to have him on our team and greatly appreciate your praises. I hope you come and stay with us again, we would love to have you back. I hope you enjoy the rest of 2011. If I can ever be of assistance please let me know. Darren Dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Overall, I'd stay again. Beautiful, sleek, elegant, cool (best three words to describe it). The onsite restaurant and bar options are terrific, the rooms are spacious and stunning, the Bryant Park area is great... Overall, I loved it.

That doesn't mean there is no room for improvement... my room TV Entertainment center was totally fuzzy (I rented a movie and it was so fuzzy it was pretty much unwatchable). Also, the WIFI didn't work in my room, could have been that my corner suite was too far from the WIFI hub. Also, the front desk staff has a distinct tendency toward NY-type snootiness...But given how nice my stay was I'm not going to worry too much about it...

Room Tip: Corner view of the park, baby
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
SF
Reviewed 7 November 2011

First of all, I have to say: I never write reviews, but this place was so great that I HAD to write one! I went to NYC in Oct 2011 for my birthday and decided to try a new hotel for a change. What a wonderful surprise, to find that from my limited research on the internet, that I happened to find such a beautiful, fun and well run spot. The staff was amazing. The food at Coi is the best. Robert and Alejandro stand out as some of the best of the staff, but they were all really terrific and cool. My corner suite on the 19th floor was immaculate, comfortable, spacious and with a really nice view. For the price it is a real deal too. Stay there for your next trip!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
I would like to first thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. Nicole and Alejandro were very excited to see their names mentioned. Nicole happens to hold the title of employee of the year. I am so thrilled to hear you had a great time for your birthday.

We all hope to have you back soon. If I can ever be of assistance, please let me know. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night while venturing out through the city. We absolutely loved it! The price was a little bit high compared to how much we would normally spend but it was well worth it. The street was quiet but close enough to walk to all of the bars and restaurants that we wanted to check out. Everything about the hotel was trendy and chic and our room was immaculate! We had taken the train so when we checked out they even held our luggage all day free of charge until we were ready to head home!

Room Tip: Definitely request a street view!
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 4 November 2011

First of all, thanks to Nicole and Ahmed for their invaluable help to resolve a couple of issues we encountered on our trip! The staff in general were extremely helpful and friendly.
The hotel is situated in an ideal part of Manhattan, close to public transport, food and breakfast spots and has a great view of Bryant Park. If you are willing to spend a little more, we highly recommend the junior suite as it is spacious and very comfortable after a long day out in Manhattan.
Overall, nothing bad to say about our stay at the Bryant Park. Excellent hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family