“I would happily return.”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff, super clean and super cool room. Room was a bit small (like most NYC hotels) but the layout and furniture easily made up for that. We were really comfortable here. Great bathroom too. Room and furniture looked brand new. We really didn't want to check out. Location is tough to beat as well. Loved it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed at this Hotel for only 2 nights, business/pleasure trip. The Hotel was fantastic from all points of view, location, extremely helpful staff (especially the concierge), modern light rooms, good quality Egyptian cotton bed linen, the architecture of the building, etc.. They have a bar in the cellar, where they offer complimentary drinks from 5-6pm, Champagne, cocktails, etc.....
Wi-Fi is complimentary and signal reception is very good. Didn’t sample the breakfast, but is served in their restaurant on the ground floor. I think they even have a gym.
When I go back to NY, I will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Junior Suite #1706, with fantastic views of the park and skyscrapers.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This place was everything I could have wanted. I ventured into the city for my 30th birthday, since I hadn't been there in a while. I've stayed at many places, but I wanted to feel spoiled that weekend. Our room overlooked the beautiful Bryant Park. It was still pretty even though they were transitioning from the skating rink back to the green. We were just far enough away from the city street craziness, and the sound machine in the room was a total plus. The location is great. We don't mind walking anyway, but we felt so in the middle of everything, that nothing was really far. We stayed here two nights and from the get-go, Darren, he's the director I believe, was very welcoming and very helpful, letting us know about the room amenities and the guest services available to us, and I got a "happy birthday" from everyone in the lobby. I'm not sure how often they do it, but there was a happy hour for hotel guests the first night. Free drinks for the hour. Needless to say, we certainly took advantage of it. The room itself was very chic, clean, and maybe I was riding a high due to the occasion, but it was just very romantic. All of the staff was extremely kind...the doormen, the front desk, room service, turn-down service. Our privacy was respected and service was provided when requested. I even arrived back to my room after exploring the city to find a balloon, cupcakes and a card waiting for me. There were just some really nice touches that went the extra mile. My stay was absolutely everything I could have wanted it to be for a very special weekend, and it's a stay in the city that I'll remember for a really long time. I definitely want to try to get back here!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Booked our stay for my 40th birthday at the Bryant Park Hotel through booking.com and got a great deal!

A lovely plate of cupcakes, a handwritten note and a balloon were in the room when we arrived. Our room on the 12th floor overlooked Bryant Park and we could see the New Year's eve "ball" from our window. The room was very clean (loved the hardwood floors), very comfy bed and our bathroom was wicked (tub bigger than our soaker tub at home and a huge shower with great water pressure and fab toiletries from Molton Brown)! Room was a bit noisy due to construction in Bryant Park but there was a noise-reducing machine that did a great job of drowning noise out (I still wore earplugs, but I'm a light sleeper).

The location couldn't have been better - Times Square, New York Public Library, Grand Central Terminal, Rockefeller Centre and Empire State building were all within walking distance. There is a subway station at the end of the block, and a great place for breakfast (Le Pain Quotidien) just down the block.

The front desk staff were all very helpful with directions, and the burly doormen did a great job of keeping riffraff out (you have to show your room key to them for access to the elevator). The elevators were a bit creepy - they were illuminated with a red bulb and we felt like a vampire might drop down for a feeding every time we took them, but they were fast and we never had to wait long for one.

We did not go to the restaurant, KOI. We did go for a drink late at night at the Cellar Bar and found it to be pretty uninviting; maybe the bartender was having a bad night, but he was pretty surly. There is a free happy hour between 5-6 but we didn't get a chance to check it out.

For a first time trip to New York, the Byrant Park Hotel is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1207 which had great views of the park.
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Our experience was wonderful. The staff was very attentive. The view from our room was amazing; it was a nice treat for a special occasion. Some things were "overpriced," but it is NYC! Room was very comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: park view is amazing!
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Just spent the weekend at the hotel for a girl's trip to the city. Location is great as we were going uptown to the Metropolitan museum and downtown for dinner. The staff was great. They were very professional and pleasant. I felt like we were their top priority. The room was very clean and quiet. There was very litle street noise and absolutely no noise from inside the hotel. It felt like we were the only ones there. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when traveling to the city.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is a MOD hotel but can be really pricey particularly when there's some event going on in the city. Rooms are on the small size and hardly a King bed to be had so they use mostly Queen size to give you more room. Bathrooms are very nice however they do something with the water which takes FOREVER to heat up! We even had to call the engineer to turn up the temperature and he said we just had to leave it run for 10-15 minutes! Haviong said this, the cellar bar is very interesting and as a guest you get a free coctail at Happy Hour, a nice touch.

Room Tip: An outside room gives a nice view of the park but an inside room is much, much quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business