“THE BEST HOTEL IN NYC!!!!!”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I normally don’t bother with feedback but my experience at The Bryant Park Hotel was so remarkable that I needed to leave a review. I generally stay at one of the major chain hotels in the city. On this trip, they were all booked or required a 2 day stay so I found the Bryant park on the net and made a reservation on-line. I was in town for business and found myself in the south Bronx Saturday afternoon…knowing that I was not really sure exactly what side of the park the hotel was on and not sure of parking I called the hotel, fully expecting that the call would be answered by someone with limited English skills and no idea of how to drive in or if there was any parking. I was very pleasantly surprised to speak to someone that gave me very clear directions and informed me that there was free weekend parking for the guests! WOW!!!
So I pull up right in front of the door and Ryan, a very polite, excellent young man greeted me, got my bags, unloaded my bike, and informed me the hotel was bike friendly. He was fantastic! He called me by name when I left on Sunday. He was my first impression of the Hotel and set my mood for the rest of my stay.
The room was GREAT! The adjoining restaurant, Koi, was out of this world, the bartender made perfect cocktails, my entire experience was the best I have had in years of travel. I will never stay anywhere else in the city. This was a business trip but the Bryant Park Hotel would be a great choice for a weekend get away with someone special.
This is an unique hotel with unexpected service and value. I think this is the best deal in town if you factor in the free valet parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,826)

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I love this hotel! It is beautiful, in a perfect location and the staff is A+++! I travel to New York many times a year and have stayed in many different hotels. Bryant Park is by far my favorite. The staff went out of their way to make me feel like a special guest, particularly Chase at the front desk. My room (1803) was spotlessly clean, huge and had a wonderful view. I really appreciate the decor, the bath rooms are enormous with great amenities. I was so comfortable in my room that I delighted to get back to the hotel at the end of the day. It was absolutely quiet for sleeping and the beds were extremely comfortable. It was such a great place I actually wish I "lived" there! I will absolutely stay there again

2  Thank readytogobaby
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The hotel, the location, the park across the street...what's not to love. My partner and I were in town celebrating his birthday. The staff went out of their way to make our stay extra special. Definitely look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lawnboy246
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Have been staying here for 6+ years and the Bryant Park is still one of the best. I prefer a more intimate boutique hotel and the service that comes with that, and the Bryant Park never disappoints.

Location is perfect for Midtown business, but removed from the pandemonium of Times Square (not my favorite area, just a preference). And seeing the park every morning when you wake up is just perfection.

Rooms are clean and modern and great sized for New York. The Cellar Bar is always jamming at happy hour and the room service is great. Love those potatoes with egg white frittata!

You can't go wrong with the Bryant Park Hotel.. treat yourself to it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The Bryant park hotel is a sexy hotel located in the city. The front desk staff was very helpful and the bellman was quick to make sure we didn't have to struggle with our bags. We stayed in a king which was spacious for a new York city hotel. The restroom was clean and spacious but the water didn't drain well in the tub. The bed was comfortable and lots of natural sunlight even though our view was brick buildings. Would definitely stay here again !

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The hotel itself is beautiful. The room was spacious and clean. The staff is 5 star all the way. One of the doormen (I think his name was Michael) stood out as exceptional. He went out of his way to be courteous and helpful. The Cellar Bar, and the Happy Hour special was also a very high point of the stay. The bartenders were great, and the vibe of the room is top notch.

The reason I can't give the place 5 stars (and almost gave it 3) is very simple. We booked the room several days in advance and paid a substantial price for a junior suite. There was no discount on the room. The hotel did not inform us that they were doing construction at Bryant Park on the skating rink across the street steps from the hotel TWENTY FOUR HOURS PER DAY for the entire 3 days we were there. It made it impossible to have a restful night of sleep for the entire trip, as the construction was extremely loud and went on all night long, which was quite surprising. We were awakened regularly throughout each night of the stay by very loud shouting, clanging and banging. I would think a fair move by the hotel would be either to sharply discount the rooms during this construction period or to at least warn customers at the time of booking so that the customer could make an informed decision. I felt like it was sheisty of the hotel not to mention this very significant issue or to account for it in the price of the room.

It's a shame that this was a significant black mark on an otherwise perfect experience. As evidenced by the 4 star rating I still gave the hotel I am not one who likes to trash businesses or to be one of those nerds who complains about everything. However, I did feel it necessary to make this known in the text of the review without completely trashing the hotel in the star rating process.

3  Thank John P
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed for few days in a Bryant Park suite for business. This is the first time a New York hotel has delighted me in years. I've stayed in suites in a number of New York hotels and most are not inspiring. The typical style is for dimly lit relatively dark carpeted rooms, heavily furnished and richly curtained. Without a suite, New York hotels seem to have some of the worlds smallest rooms. In most, the service is more olegenious than effective.

I walked into The Bryant Park to be engaged by an energetic, competent, great looking team (I know, I know, their looks are irrelevant).

The three room (living, bed and bathroom) suite here was like walking into home. It was completely timber floored in pine, white walls with high celings, rugs and light furniture. Large windows covered most of both sides of the corner suite, which looked out over the open space of the park and library. Simply delightful. An open, light filled, uplifting space. Part of the living area was given over to a dining table and chairs seating six. Perfect for work.

The bed was good. I was delighted to see ear plugs provided, but didn't need them. One observation is that the light from Bryant Part (particularly as they are building the skating rink as I write) is significant at night (and the room curtains don't quite block it all). A higher room might be preferred. Take your sleeping eyeshades.

Bathroom is excellent, spacious, and Molton Brown toiletries were thoughtfully chosen.

There was free wi-fi and a small bose unit that docked an ipod.

One serious disappointment noted by other reviewers was the absence of a coffee machine. I am sorry but nespresso units can now be found in cheap motels. This is ridiculous and a contempt of travellers working in multiple time zones.

The restaurant in the building is extremely good modern asian and well worth a visit. There is a Pain Quotidian a few doors up for a civilised breakfast including passable espresso from about 8am each morning.

One aspect that did make me laugh was the establishment's rating as one of New Yorks Most Romantic hotels. It certainly made my office laugh as they booked it.

I understand a break in a great room in a fabulous city can reinvigorate a relationship, but was puzzled what might have given The Bryant Park the edge. My curiosity was piqued by the brothel-red leather and red lit lift (at least that's what I've been told they look like). But the "ah ha" moment came as I consdered the minibar menu of thought provoking optional extras. Worth a visit with an adventurous significant other.

1  Thank cunim