“Exceptional Staff, Location, Ambience”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 January 2013

From the moment my husband and I arrived at the hotel this weekend, we were greeted by a warm, caring, engaging staff. Throughout our stay they were attentive and catered to our every request and gave us personalizwd attention. The front desk manager, Robert, his associate Chase, and Sarah (Entertainment Planner) were over the top accommodating and we could tell that they genuinely enjoyed trying to make our stay a memorable one. They certainly succeeded! Our original reservation that was made by our children for our anniversary was upgraded to a spotlessly clean Jr. Suite, with a view overlooking Bryant Park and the skating rink. The room was modern, beautifully appointed and amenities were well planned. The floors were finished wood, the bed was exceedingly comfortable and the bedding was immaculate!!! The marble bathroom was ultra modern, spotless, and spacious. The hotel location is centrally located for theatre, shopping,museums, Penn Station. As we thanked Robert upon our departure, we told him we couldn't wait to come back. I highly recommend The Bryant Park Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! I am so glad to hear that Robert, Chase and Sarah took such great care of you. I am very lucky to have them on my team. Our Housekeepers also work so hard and it is really nice to see them get recognized. I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

There are newer reviews for The Bryant Park Hotel

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Brilliant hotel, location and service! Book it and go!
Stayed over NY and had a fantastic time with a helpful recovery bag for the next day containing a bloody Mary and aspirin! Excellent location overlooking Bryant Park and the back of the NYC Central library. Loved it!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scot211

Thank you for your 5 star rating and complimentary words about our hotel! We wish you could have stayed with us longer as well. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Come join us again soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Great location ...Right next to Bryant Park. Hotel is beautiful. Most rooms are very spacious. There is bar located downstairs

The attached restaurant is called KOI. It's one of NY's best sushi spots. The food is delicious.

There is no pool or spa if that's important.

Room Tip: Get a room with view of Bryant Park.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rosario C
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My wife and I, former long-time New Yorkers, spent last weekend at the Bryant Park Hotel and were very happy with our experience. The hotel is an easy walk from Grand Central and is centrally-located for theater, uptown shopping and museums. Service is excellent -- ranging from Chase at the front desk who sent up a nice treat after learning that this was my wife's birthday weekend -- to the thoughtful room attendants and helpful doormen. We had a wonderful suite on a high floor overlooking the skating rink. The rate dropped 3 times from when I booked and by calling in each time we were able to save enough to have several exceptional meals in town. You can't go wrong for quality and value here.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of Bryant Park.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bankerstrust

Happy Birthday once again to your wife and thank you for taking the time to share your experience . It sounds like you had an amazing time with us. I really appreciate your kind remarks about Chase as well; we are so thrilled to have him on our team. I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Nice hotel, with huge bathroom, not your typical NY hotel. Has a restaurant attached, Koi - did not eat there but met a friend at the bar downstairs. Nice, friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you care about a view ask to be on the Bryant Park side with a view of the park
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2013

After reading all the reviews, I was very disappointed in our overall experience. Some things were great...the staff was extremely friendly, the location is excellent, linens and towels wonderful, room immaculate. BUT we had a lot of problems. Our room was freezing. We turned up the heat to the max, but NY was having a cold snap and the windows were so drafty that the room could not stay warm. I put on one of the supplied robes because I was so cold and my clothes were covered in lint - truly unwearable. Two of the three days we were there, I completely ran out of hot water in the middle of my shower. On Sunday night, the hotel bar was closed (apparently it is always closed on sundays). On Tuesday night, there was a private party in the hotel bar and once again, we could not get a drink. Two out of three days my key card didnt work and I had to get a new one. And finally, and most annoying of all, I wanted to bring a cup of coffee to my room after working out in the morning. Alas, my options were to sit in the restaurant and order coffee or order a pot of coffee via room service. I was told the restaurant does not have any "to go" cups. I couldn't name a single hotel, at any rating where you can't get a cup of coffee to take to your room!!! There was no dresser in the room and the "desk" was uncomfortably small - definitely not conducive to getting any work done in your room. I could not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank BerlyMilwaukee
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I spent a night here on business, and had heard great things. I was not disappointed. It has a great location in mid-town (yes, across from Bryant Park and the NYC Public Library). The staff was professional, courteous and helpful. The room (though small), was very clean, and had all the amenities you would expect - though of a higher quality, such as a Bose wave radio. The design and decor in the room is very modern and unique, which creates a fun atmosphere. I would definitely recommend and will plan to re-visit soon for a (hopefully) longer stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business