“Location, location, location!”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 466 Hotels in New York City
“Location, location, location!”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Away from the hubbub of Times Square, this gem is positioned for walking uptown or downtown. The wonderful staff greet you on the sidewalk, relieve you of your car for the duration of your visit ( valet parking is free!) and offer to be of service from the moment you check in....reminding you of your complimentary beverages in the Cellar Bar between the hours of 5-6. The rooms are clean, simple and certainly all we needed for R & R between sights. We would definitely go back and enthusiastically recommend to family and friends. Shoutouts to Ryan (doorman/concierge) and John (front desk)!

• Stayed March 2013
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
So glad you had a great stay! I couldn’t wait to share your comments with everyone here at the Bryant Park Hotel especially Ryan and John. I see you also complimented our Housekeeping Department, that is extra special since these ladies work so hard and it is really nice to see them get recognized. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed some of the perks such as the cellar bar and valet parking. Since you had such a great time I hope we get to welcome you back again soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have been meaning to write this review sooner. My husband and I stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday last May. We had stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel previously and that is where my husband decided he wanted to spend his 50th birthday ( and I had no problem with that). One of the main reasons we wanted to return to the Bryant Park Hotel was the staff. Darren made sure everything was perfect for my husband's 50th birthday. Thanks so much for everything you did Darren to make our stay so memorable!!. All of the staff at the Bryant Park Hotel go out of their way to may you feel so special. It is like being home. The hotel is in a great location and being across the street from Bryant Park is an extra perk. We also enjoyed the free drinks at the Cellar Bar. After some busy days exploring NYC it was a nice treat and a great way to unwind. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Love the bathrooms and the Molten Brown bath products. Another nice touch. Can't say enough about how much we always enjoy our stays at the Bryant Park Hotel. Thanks again Darren and to all of the staff for the amazing job you do to welcome guests and take care of their every need. Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Bryant Park or Empire State Building are great.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
WOW, thank you for your amazing 5 star rating and happy 50th Birthday once again! I am so pleased that my team and I were able to make your special birthday that much more special. I am also glad that you were able to take advantage of the Cellar Bar open bar. Your comments about Housekeeping are also very much appreciated since the room attendants work so hard. It was a pleasure having both of you with us and I hope during your next visit to NY you stay with us again. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

The rooms are well equipped if lacking in character. The staff are helpful and the front desk very welcoming. Breakfast in the Koi restaurant is ordinary and the number of tables is limited. The location is good, just off Bryant Park on West 40th street. The cellar bar is an interesting place. Very popular on Saturday night - queues out the door even in a cold February night! Would I stay here if it weren't for the location, probably not.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Tha Hague
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed here for over a week with our kids... The location is great for although its near times square...its not too crazy and it has the brilliant space and peace of bryant park which gives you a certain perspective on the city... The concierge service was great (Eric and Sarah) and make a great team with brilliant suggestions and always eager to help....

Room Tip: View onto the park... Any room ending in 05,06,07
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Calabasas, CA
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My daughter and I went to NY for the week and stayed here. The location was perfect for us and the hotel was great. Everyone made us feel welcome and were available whenever we had a question. I needed something printed out at 2:00 in the morning and it was not a problem. Sarah, the concierge, was so personable and friendly and helped us figure out where we wanted to go visit. The room was nice and when we had a small problem, someone was sent right up to repair it. We will definitely stay there again next time we go to NY.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for giving us a 5! I am thrilled to hear that Eric and Sarah made your stay so memorable. I agree with your positive comments about the park, this area is very beautiful and we are lucky to have such a great location and park right across from us; I personally enjoy the park even after a nice days work. I hope during your next visit to NY you stay with us again. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband and I just spent two nights at the Bryant Park Hotel. Our travel agent had recommended it as we were walking to a couple of plays in the theatre district. I began reading reviews and was afraid that we might not be cool enough to stay in this ultra cool hotel! Well, we probably aren't, but it didn't matter! We were instantly won over by the very friendly, helpful, knowledgable (and super attractive) staff. Check in was smooth and we were shown to our junior suite. The room looked exactly as pictured. Modern furniture, white walls and 4 large windows overlooking the ice skating rink at Bryant Park. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom marble, large and well appointed (Molton Brown toiletries). The downside of having a room with a view is that it was a little noisy at night. But, it is New York after all and street noise is just part of it. They do provide ear plugs... The hotel is in a great location for shopping on Fifth Avenue, walking to Rockefeller Plaza, going to the theatre - or just spending time people watching in Bryant Park. The restaurant, Koi, is a delicious choice for dinner. The sushi was very good and our waiter was charming. We would stay at this hotel again without question. John at the front desk even gave us two bottles of water as we were leaving. Nice touch!

Room Tip: The junior suite has a sofa and ample space. Nice hardwood floors...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here for my 30th birthday at the end of October. We came at a great time because Bryant Park, across the street, was setting up for the winter season: Ice skating and cute little vendors. The New York Library is at one end of the park giving you a great view from the room.
The rooms are small, but its NYC and to be expected. Very modern furnishings in the bedroom, minimalistic. The bathroom was huge and gorgeous. I fell I love with this bathroom. The ambiance of the hotel is very chic and sexy. Not really recommending this for families.
The location was perfect. Close to Broadway, but not too close. Great view, restaurants and public transportation right outside the door.
The bar in the basement is very cool; admittedly too cool for myself, but I'm ok with that.
We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the park and get as high a floor as you can to avoid the worst of the no...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple