“Great Hotel, even better Staff”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Hotel, even better Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Spent the first three nights in NYC last week at a corporate apartment complex. Moved over to the Bryant Park on Saturday for two nights. Hotel was beautiful, Suite was perfect with a view of the ice skating in Bryant Park.

Front desk Staff the best we've seen in quite a while, especially Mr. John Castillo. He took care of everything we needed for this brief, romantic stay. There should be more like him. Another shout out to Erik, one of the Concierges.

Highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants to see the best of NYC's hospitality.

Room Tip: Request a Park View
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Korean first
Washington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This trip was a total splurge for us. The Bryant Park Hotel New York was impressive as the reviews suggest. The service was simply an orchestra directed seamlessly from the time we checked-in. We were on the 17rd floor and could still hear the noise of the city so consider a high room. The restaurant, Koi, served a tasty breakfast (no wait!).

Best of the best... this is just awesome.. Stayed for 3 days, it was just spectacular, got to see the Park and Lights from my room. Staff is fantastic and helpful. Curtis thank you for all your information. You were such a huge help with my tons of information.

My favorite aspect was the free wifi/gym access, incredible hotel gym. I have stayed in luxurious properties more expensive than Bryant Park that nickled and dimed for gym access and wifi. Finally, a hotel willing to include these services. Bravo!

Only complaint would be the lack of a lobby. (The lobby is quite small considering the size of the hotel.)

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Monica S
Ilion, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We were very happy with our hotel experience: room, staff, location, overall comfort and the fact that it was quiet all the time. Both the bedroom and bathroom were spacious and quite comfortable. We liked the minimalistic approach to decorating. We will stay at this hotel when we return to NYC.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

What was just going to be a day trip to Manhattan turned into a great two day trip after finding a wonderful rate on this hotel. After booking I was greeted by a polite and wonderful staff. As someone who works in the customer service industry I know great customer service when I see it. There is a difference between good customer service and genuine (grade A) hospitality. My travel partner and I where greeted with true genuine hospitality by a front desk representative by the name of John. I have never seen someone who truly went a step ahead with my requests. Even a simple question like "is there an ice machine on my floor?" turned into John immediately contacting someone who took care of bringing me more then I needed right to my room! He was amazing!! I would defiantly stay again. The room was comparable to a W which I've stayed at a few of them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

First visit to Bryant Park Hotel over Thanksgiving. Alert and helpful staff, without being intrusive. Handled one minor maintenance issue with room quickly and professionally. Location on Bryant Park is great for Midtown and Broadway excursions. Being on the park brings a bit of tranquility to the hustle of the city. Great when the skating rink and holiday market are operating. Staff service is top-notch.

Room Tip: Best views from rooms facing park.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NCMooreabound
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our second visit within a couple of months and still just as fabulous as ever. They keep you wanting to return. Consistent service, consistent staff, consistent wonderfulness.

I would call this a boutique hotel. It isn't the Ritz nor the Plaza, but this is exactly why we choose to stay at Bryant Park. I guess it all depends what you are looking for when away from home. I don't like stuffy and pretentious. I like the size of the Lobby. I like the contemporary décor. I like you don't have to wait an inordinate period of time for elevators or for any sort of assistance, unlike the big chain hotels. We love the bar. It is very lively and filled with a great mix of New Yorkers and guests.

If you see my other review, there are more reasons we choose Bryant Park.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank NSCharney
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the location. Especially when the bryant park rink and shops are open for the holidays. But the lobby is teeny tiny, so are the hallways and elevators (and not decorated at all) and the rooms are spacious but just white walls... They need color and art work. We stayed in room 1904, which was one of the few rooms with a terrace overlooking Bryant park and that was AMAZING. But I have stayed at the Plaza, Mandarin, Setai, Ritz Carlton, etc. and this ranked just under those hotels in my opinion. But the price was great for the location. And room service was SO good! I'd stay again, just don't agree with the hype that it's THE best.

• Stayed November 2013