“amazing”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was our second time staying here. we love it so much the first time we came back and brought friends of ours. We went ice skating across the street in Bryant Park which was very convenient. The hotel staff couldn't of done enough for us. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Hpbergs
Write a ReviewReviews (3,822)

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I came overnight to the city for our anniversary, and the hotel could not have been more accommodating. In december it is an amazing place to stay because there are holiday events going on in the park --- literally right outside the door. Bryant park has an amazing holiday craft fair, but it has food and art, and so many amazing vendors it is a must see.

They gave us a slight upgrade ( THANK YOU! ) and we loved the room. My wife mentioned that it felt very home-y, and I agree. Not posh, but definitely modern and comfortable with all the amenities you could ask for. We were able to check in earlier than we thought, and we left our bags with them as we began our adventures for the day.

Great bathroom, large, great water pressure. My wife just wished that they had a shower cap because she didn't want to ruin her hair, but HONESTLY, we didn't even call to check with the front desk, concierge probably has them.

They left us an amazing amenity with champagne, a balloon, and a note. I could not have been more wow'd.

I wish I remember the front desk agent's name, but I'm so sorry I do not. She was bubbly, and could not have been more polite. Every staff member impressed me, and I could not have been more happy with the way that they treated my wife and I. We will stay with them again.

If you're looking for a boutique hotel in the heart of the city that is not astronomically expensive you cannot go wrong and you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kyle T
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed in the junior suite on the 19th floor and had a balcony with an amazing view of bryant park. Staff was excellent and friendly and the location was perfect. The room felt like a beautiful apartment rather than a hotel. We even got a complementary bottle of champaign waiting in our room for us. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice romantic night in the city !

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and I took our daughter to this hotel for her 16th birthday. The hotel was of a great quality and provided excellent service. The location was great too - right across from Bryant Park. Making the reservation was very easy, and we let them know we were coming to celebrate our daughter's birthday (as suggested by another trip advisor review). I suggest making a reservation earlier rather than later so the rooms with the best views are still available.
Upon arriving at the hotel, we were seen to immediately. Everyone who cared for us throughout our stay was kind and gracious. There wasn't a single person who made us feel unwelcome, and the quality of the service was above our expectations. Housekeeping did a fabulous job cleaning and stocking the room (make sure you ask for extra ear plugs if you aren't from a noisy city...they make a BIG DIFFERENCE), the men who opened the door for us and we entering and leaving the hotel were nice, and the guest service was very helpful seeing as my family knew nothing about New York when we visited (Darren Sumner was especiall helpful). They staff even went so far as to wish my daughter a happy birthday with cupcakes from CRUMBS bakery, balloons, and a birthday card. I highly suggest visiting CRUMBS bakery.... BEST gourmet cupcakes I have ever had.
The hotel itself is very attractive. It is very modern and sleek. The beds and couches in the rooms are comfortable, and the hotel rooms have a lot of natural light that filters in. I would watch the thermostat though, as it can tend to get very cold in the rooms.
I would highly recommend booking a room at this hotel. The quality of the hotel it great, the location puts you in a prime area for exploring New York City, but the service is what makes it worth your money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ReadMoreWatchLess
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotels Tonight last week. I called immediately after I booked to have the room set up exactly how I had dreamed. Nicki in reservations answered the phone and helped me to upgrade to a nicer room with a view for a small fee. I had a bottle of champagne added so that when we arrived, I would have a special surprise for my girlfriend. Chase is also someone that works at the front desk. When I checked in, he did something incredibly special and put us in a room with a terrace. He wanted to make sure I looked good for my GF. He did an incredible job! She loved it!! I did too. We had a full view of Bryant Park and the iceskating rink. The beds were so comfy, the showers are powerful and amazing, the towels and pillows are soft....and the turn down service includes delicious popcorn and chocolates.
We loved it so much that we stayed a second night. Chase helped to upgrade us again and had a delicious bottle of red wine sent to the room.... BY HIMSELF! he delivered it!!
What a great team there.... Chase and Nicki really made our weekend incredibly special. We are really happy, and felt like we lived a special dream this weekend.
THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the park
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was in town for a week and had booked the Sheraton TriBeCa as my meeting was downtown,,,after two painful nights..a topic of another review.. I decided to move up town and saw the reviews on trip advisor and decided to give it a shot. I showed up early am expecting to drop off my bag but they had a room and let me check in..the front desk clerk was amazing dealing with lots of customers very efficiently yet still personable The suite was great ...elegant, modern, comfortable with an amazing view over Bryant park and the ice rink Every member of staff was professional, courteous and competent. From front desk to the bell staff to the guys manning the elevator to a very effective doorman really impressive We were on 7th floor and due to location the noise wasn't loud or distracting. Bathroom was great with both tub and shower. I wish I had booked here from the start. I definitely will be back.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook Bryant park especially during the hotels
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Spent the first three nights in NYC last week at a corporate apartment complex. Moved over to the Bryant Park on Saturday for two nights. Hotel was beautiful, Suite was perfect with a view of the ice skating in Bryant Park.

Front desk Staff the best we've seen in quite a while, especially Mr. John Castillo. He took care of everything we needed for this brief, romantic stay. There should be more like him. Another shout out to Erik, one of the Concierges.

Highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants to see the best of NYC's hospitality.

Room Tip: Request a Park View