“Fabulous!”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I can't say enough about this hotel. My husband and I spent 3 nights between Christmas and New Year's day. From the moment we walked in, we felt so welcomed. The front desk staff was the nicest and most professional that I have encountered in all of my travels anywhere! We were upgraded without asking and our room was modern and had all amenities. It was a surprise to walk in and see just how big our room was, given that so many hotel rooms in New York are the size of a postage stamp. The room was immaculate. Our updated bathroom was spacious and the shower and deep tub were absolutely wonderful. Visit the Cellar Bar in the basement - great cocktails and wonderful staff there too. A huge thanks to Nicole Anglesey and Nikky at the front desk for making phone calls, offering to call the hotel doctor, and finding a cheaper alternative for me to get treated at a local drug store when I became sick on this trip. Thanks also to Sarah for the wonderful restaurant recommendations. If you like to ice skate and don't want to wait in line for hours, this hotel has the perfect location - directly across from the Bryant Park rink. I got up early one morning, walked across the street, and was on the ice in 15 minutes. The location of the hotel is perfect for anything that you'd want to do in NYC - within walking distance to Times Square, Empire State Bldg., shops on Madison Ave. etc. We loved, loved, loved this hotel and would definitely stay here on repeat trips to NYC. Thanks to all the staff (most especially Nicole) at The Bryant Park Hotel for making our trip to NYC just fabulous!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I just spent 3 nights with a small family group at Bryant Park Hotel . . . it could not have been more pleasant, high-grade, or professional - without being stuffy or in any way pretentious. Which is to say that the staff was fantastic, the modern rooms were stylish, comfy, and immaculate . . . and the midtown location opposite the charming Bryant Park with it's winter skating rink and market stalls was ideal.

We were 4 people, 3 generations from 20 to 90, and shared one of their 'Bryant Park Suites' (sitting room and 1 bedroom, perfect for a group) and a nearby standard queen room.

Morning breakfast room service was perfect: i.e. on time, the choices good and the food delicious, and even the coffee was great and piping hot.

The rooms are understated and modern - i.e. with wood floors, no carpeting, stylish contemporary furniture, all without being cold.

Lovely bed linens, and generally ideal attention to detail throughout.

The bathrooms are drop-dead gorgeous - I even emailed the manager to find out who made the amazing faucets and plumbing fixtures as I am doing a bathroom remodel at home and would love to copy them. I had literally the best showers there in my 50+ years of travel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This small, quaint, hotel has provided exceptional service each and every stay. The staff is one of the most friendly and professional ever encountered in NYC. This is our fourth visit to this hotel during the week between Christmas and New Year's day. As repeat customers, we were surprised with an upgrade to a junior suite upon "check-in." This special touch meant volumes to us as return guests and in particular as this stay was a Christmas/Birthday present from my spouse. The location, overlooking Bryant Park is phenomenal. In addition, Times square, Grand Central and Penn Station, as well as, all of the "must see" Midtown Manhattan venues are within walking distance. Guests can enjoy a complimentary "happy hour" in the hotel's lounge/nightclub during the week and be sure to reserve a table for dinner in their "second to none" Japanese fusion. restaurant..."Koi." Looking forward to our next stay!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

on december 28, 2013 we went to the hotel my daughter's got this as a birthday present for me
we walked in and was greeted by Nikki the sweet person ever. Nikki was kind and caring she got our room ready as soon as she could she heard it was my birthday and upgrade us to a beautiful jr. Suite and then surprise me with 2 cupcakes and a balloon i can't wait to go back there "This is The Greatest Hotel in New York"Thank you Nikki for everything !!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Nothing but great things to say. Staff was some if the most genuine I have ever experienced Welcomed me back by name when I came back to he hotel after a night out. Nice size rooms, Great shower pressure. Prime location. Nice music set ups in room. No art on wall but that's ok!
I can't. Wait to stay again. Chris.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel prior to Christmas for some shopping and sightseeing. For this purpose the hotel is perfectly located in between 5th Avenue and Times Square.

Exceptional. It's hard finding hotels where the personell is still friendly during stressful hours. This being a "small" hotel, it seems there's more time for every guest. Something we noticed. Bed service with chocolates was a nice little touch and every wish was catered for.

Price
Not cheap, we did however order plenty in advance to get a good price though and honestly it was worth every dollar! Still - for full score here - just that little extra was missing.

Beds
AWESOME - as always in good american hotels. But these beds are clean as well and just having the right firmness.

Cleanliness
Perfect and we can be picky in this area!

Location
Great for shopping and sightseeing in the shopping district around Times Square and 5th Avenue. Not that great for airport transportation as we learned on the return trip. It's in the middle of everything and traffic in NYC can be horrible. Just make sure you plan enough time. The advised time the reception gave us was just barely enought due to a a 1h traffic jam at the Lincoln tunnel out of Manhattan.

Rooms
We had a deluxe room with park view. Probably on the small side, but a with nice a big bathroom and more than enough space for us. We did miss a place to store our clothes however - the closet was also on the small side. Our room had big windows and was almost a bit cold. We could have had an extra heater we were told, just keep that in mind if you find yourself being a bit cold. "Every wish is catered for" - (we didn't try it, but I don't doubt it)

All in all - a very pleasurable experience and I'd go here again!
Ah - there's a one hour open bar early evening Mon-Fri for Hotel Guests. We didn't have time for it, but the bar looked great and free drinks to kick of the evening can't be wrong.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over the park, that side was really quiet at night for us at least.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel for 5 days just before Christmas – and loved it! This was our 4th visit to New York but our first stay at this hotel and we will definitely return.

We had emailed prior to our visit asking for a view of the Park, due to the Holiday Market / ice skating. We received a courteous reply and, at check in, Michael on reception had a note of it on his system. There were no park view rooms available to check in immediately but we could have a suite for an additional $50 per night. This was an amazing corner room on the 22nd floor, with a side view of the park out of one window and the top of the Empire State Building out of another. It had a separate living area and a huge bathroom.

When we checked in Michael asked if we were celebrating anything. We explained it was a trip for both of our 40th birthdays, although one was a few months ago and one in a few months time. The first night when we came back to our room we had been given a bottle of sparkling wine and a ‘Happy Birthday’ balloon. Initially I was a bit worried as I thought we hadn’t explained ourselves very well and obtained a gift under false pretences – but the card inside said ‘Happy (in-between) Birthdays’ so Michael had it just right! It was the perfect start to a perfect stay….

The bed was really comfortable, the room was kept spotlessly clean and nothing was too much trouble for all of the staff. I didn’t get many names, but the door staff were always friendly and cheerful, as were the reception staff. When we left Miguel stored our bags and then arranged for a car to take us to the station as it was pouring down.

All in all a wonderful stay – and see you next time!