“Amazing ”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

This is simply the most stylish and elegant hotel in entire NYC. The room design is clean, neat and refreshing. The service is very attentive, caring and intuitive. The restaurant Koi is an excellent addition and surely a great concept to combine with the actual hotel. I look forward to return on many future occasions.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here for 9 nights over the christmas and New Years period. It was very pricey but considering the holiday season and what hotel prices are normally like in NYC, it ended up been price well paid for such a central location in a fabulous hotel.

It is a boutique hotel that is very trendy with Koi as its restaurant and a bar/club in the basement that is supposedly where a lot of famous people go. Its very chic and great for young people to stay in as its not your normal luxurious hotel. Its got a small lobby and the lighting of the whole place has this red glow that is bar like. The staff were all very friendly and young and would greet guests by names. Prior to my arrival I was emailing back and forth with concierge Sarah and she was more than helpful with very thorough descriptions and explanations to my queries about New York.

The room is very large for NYC, with high ceilings that makes the room look more spacious than it is. The decor is very minimalistic and modern which suits the theme of the hotel. The bathroom is spacious and also very modern and it is a great place to stay especially for a long stay. Room was also very clean and housekeeping was done twice a day. Location was amazing right in the heart of Bryant park especially convenient during the christmas season. Located between 5th and 6th, you can almost walk to anywhere from central park to empire state building.

However the only problem we had was with the hot water. The first night we were there our hot water did not come on for a very long time so we called font desk to help. They sent someone up and it took them a further 15 mins to get the hot water going. However the same problem happened again the next day and our hot water was not very hot. So once again another person came to look at the problem and ended up turning up the hot water temperature of the system from outside the room. After that our hot water was fine but it was a bit of a hassle for the first two nights and there was always the fear that hot water won't work considering it was freezing in NYC. Another small thing was just that the doormen/bell boys were not always around so sometimes we were struggling to open the door ourselves as it was super heavy doors in the lobby.

Besides that it was a great place to stay, they even gave each room a "New years day hungover kit" on new years eve where it consisted of snacks, coconut water, water, mints, and even some painkillers which I thought was very thoughtful and attentive of them to give.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and for your praises, especially regarding Sarah. It sure was cold during the holidays and I am so sorry that there was an issue with the hot water. I would like to make it up to you. Please contact me when you are ready to return. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I booked a 3 night stay at The Bryant Park Hotel from Jan 3-Jan 6, our third stay at the hotel, and it the experience was even better than the previous two times.

We stay at The Bryant Park because of a number of things. The beautiful building, the gorgeous park across the street, the fantastic location, and the great cafe's only steps away, but mostly because of their OUTSTANDING service and attention to detail.

At check-in, we were greeted with huge smiles and were immediately welcomed back as return guests.

Our room was perfect and we love the attention to detail (dimmer switches for bedside lighting, a "do not disturb" feature that is a simple push of a button at bedside, coat hooks behind the door for when you just want to quickly hang up your coat, docking station, ice in the bucket when you come back to your room in the afternoon etc, etc).

Given the extreme cold that hit the East coast unexpectedly that weekend, there were major airport problems in Toronto and we were not able to get a flight out of NYC to Toronto Monday evening as per our schedule. We were only able to leave on Thursday as our flights just kept getting cancelled by the airline over and over again for 3 days.

It was a bit stressful during those additional 3 days as each day we were never sure if we were going go be flying out or not, however during this time, the management and staff treated us like special old friends and did everything they could to make our unexpected 3 day add-on comfortable, affordable and special.

We returned to The Bryant Park Hotel this time based on the service we got the previous 2 trips, and now, based on this last visit, we won't be staying anywhere else. We tell our friends that it is the SERVICE that keeps bringing us back.

Everyone of their staff members is superb. From those at the front desk, to the doormen, to the elevator staff, to the luggage attendants to the managment.

It is simply an amazing place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yearntotravel333

Thank you for your 5 star rating. I am so glad that we were able to help relieve some of the stresses of all the travel changes due to the weather. I am sure it must have been very difficult and the fact that you took the time to praise us says a lot about you. We would love to have you back and this time I will make sure mother nature is very good to you. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed for 4 nights first time last week. Finally found a hotel in NY to which I will return gladly. Room was bigger than usual NY hotel room, very nice bathroom with a massive bath, good lighting, bed and pillows very comfy. Food in Asian restaurant good. Of all, was most impressed with the very kind and warm service - everything was "yes, we can". How different from some of the supposedly cool places in NY where nothing works and you're almost scared to ask!... Location great, nice little park with ice rink in front and the glorious library building. A few things that could be improved though... The wall plugs in bathroom didn't work, and even when I called help, they never fixed it in the remaining 4 days. They cleared away my lovely full new box of assam tea together with the tray of breakfast, though they replaced it later with a pack of Twinings English Breakfast with no quibble. There is no kettle in the room, but they were willing to bring a big thermos of hot water for free. All in all, I will go back there for all my NY business trips from now.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Vesna M

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your praises were very much appreciated. I am so sorry about the bathroom plug and that we cleared away your tea. The fact that you had a few issue and still would recommend us is extremely gracious of you. I hope you come back and I will make sure you have a flawless experience. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Although we live in New York City, my husband and I have a tradition of going for an overnight getaway in NYC every January to celebrate my birthday and have a break from our kids. We usually stay at the Library Hotel, but since it was full this year we booked at the nearby Bryant Park Hotel. The hotel is definitely hip, and I thought the staff might look down on us because we aren't fashionistas, but everyone was extremely courteous and helpful. Chase, who checked us in, immediately upgraded our room when he heard it was my birthday, and later left cupcakes and a birthday balloon in the room -- a thoughtful touch. The room, a junior suite, was very spacious by New York standards, with an extremely comfortable bed and an oversized bathroom with a separate (large) shower and tub. We had a view over Bryant Park, which was great and would have been even more wonderful on a higher floor. Concierge Elizabeth was able to arrange for me to get an in-room massage with a participating spa, which was great as I'd injured my back the previous week. The only thing I'd say was that the minimalist, color-accented white room decor felt a bit clinical and not quite to my taste. Otherwise, though, I was impressed with the Bryant Park Hotel and felt it competed very strongly with the Library Hotel -- would be happy to return to either next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view (if you're in the front) and less noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Happy Birthday and thank you for celebrating it with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I couldn't wait to share your review with Chase and I believe it may have been Sarah at the Concierge. I hope you come back soon, we would love to have you back. If I can ever be of assistance please call upon me. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Fabulous room overlooking Bryant Park skating rink and New York Public Library. Clean, modern, simply elegant. Staff was exceptionally attentive. Wonderful central location. It was pure magic. Will absolutely move this hotel to the top of our NYC list for the times we do not want to travel the 1 hour to our suburban home.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the park
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BooandYoke

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for your praises, especially regarding the cleanliness. Our Housekeepers work so hard and it is really nice to see them get recognized. I hope you come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Our family visited NYC to shop and see plays. The Bryant Park Hotel is close to the theater district and received great reviews so we chose to stay there. It was wonderful! We had 2 rooms overlooking the park and skating rink. The staff at the hotel was friendly and very accommodating. The rooms were some of the more spacious ones we've had in NYC. This was good as we were there 4 nights and it was nice to spread out. I loved the Molton Brown Products!! I also loved that we had a large bath tub and a shower. We all love to take baths and it is a wonderful way to relax after a long day walking. We will definitely stay here again...nice rooms, good products, friendly staff, great location. The only suggestion I have is to put a coffee pot in the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for giving us a 5! I am glad you enjoyed the view of the park and ice skating rink. I still have yet to attempt to ice skate, but everyone tells me how much fun it is. I hope you come back soon and stay with us. In the Spring and Summer the park is transformed into a relaxing oasis. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com