I chose to stay at The Bryant Park Hotel for our annual trip up to NYC to celebrate my husband's birthday. The reviews sounded wonderful and the location was right- easy to access both the East and West sides and close enough to The Theatre District. I felt as though the price was amazing compared to similarly rated hotels.
We arrived very early (about 10:30 AM) on Saturday morning, with the hopes to check our bags, get brunch and explore until check-in. The valet, Steven, greeted us with a smile and helped us with our bags. We walked inside and were immediately greeted at the front desk by Miguel who said that our room was ready and we could check in. Check in took just a few minutes and we were directed to Sarah at the concierge desk for brunch recommendations. She was very friendly and asked for our preferred time. We went up to our room and she sent a hand written list of suggestions up to the room with her favorites starred. She called the room to give a detailed description of the locations.
We were very impressed by the our room #1505. It had a gorgeous view of the ice skating rink at Bryant Park. It also had an enormous bathroom by NYC standards with a tub fit for two and a great stand up shower with duel shower heads. The Molton Brown bath products added another bonus. We enjoyed lounging in our robes, slippers and ended up ordering brunch to the room with a bottle of champagne.
We left for a pre-theatre dinner at about 5:30 and were greeted by name by every employee that we saw. It was a very nice, personalized touch and a welcoming feeling. Even though the hotel was top-notch, there was never a pretentious feeling.
Upon our return for the evening, we arrived at our room to find a birthday balloon, two delicious Crumbs cupcakes, and a hand written card from the Assistant Director of the Front Office Nicole. They were incredibly delicious and made us feel so special and appreciated.
Upon check out the next morning, we were greeted with a smile by Miguel at the front desk. He asked if he could help us in anyway and how our evening was. We left our bags and went out to explore for the day. We called ahead to make sure our car was ready when we arrived back. Steven greeted us at the door and he and John helped us with our bags. They told us that they hoped that we return on our next stay... and we will! I cannot imagine staying anywhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bryant Park Hotel, NYC's Fashion Address is nestled conveniently between 5th and 6th avenue across from the famous Bryant Park and a 5 minute walk to Times Square and 5th Ave shopping. We are now offering free in room wired and wireless internet. With casual elegance, pristine rooms and impeccable service. The Bryant Park Hotel staff anxiously awaits your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Bryant Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryant Park New York City
- Bryant Park Hotel New York