“Perfect City Break Hotel & Location”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 468 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect City Break Hotel & Location”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at the Bryant for 5 nights from the end of March and found the hotel to be perfect for a short city break. The staff are excellent, hotel very clean and modern and offers a great base to explore NYC with excellent subway links and a short walk from Times Square and other amenities.

The Cave bar downstairs offers free drinks for quests in the week for 1 hour 5-6pm and when its being used for events you go to the top floor with great views of Bryant Park and enjoy a range of alcoholic drinks. A great start to an evening we thought.

The only downside we found was facing the back of the hotel it was very noisy as you could hear all the generators outside all night. Whilst this wasn't a major problem for us once you were used to it, its worth noting for people who need complete silence at night!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting to NYC and would return again.

Room Tip: Room towards the front of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We really appreciate your amazing praises! Thank you for taking the time to share them with us especially regarding Housekeeping, they work so hard and it is really nice to see them get recognized. I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary drinks atop the hotel. My apologies for the sounds you heard from you room, we are actually replacing the windows with soundproof windows. I hope you come back soon; we would love to have you back! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at the hotel and I wasn't disappointed with my choice. It's not that cheap but for location and size of rooms, and above all excellent customer service, it's worth it! I'm surprised to read other more negative reviews as I am not easily impressed and I really can't say anything bad about my experience at the Bryant park hotel. Yes it can be noisy from the street but NYC is noisy! If you want a quiet and peaceful experience suggest another type of vacation is more suitable. And as for staff helpfulness, it's second to none providing of course you also play your part in respecting their room availability and cancellation policies - common sense really. Still highly recommend!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
What a great review! Thank you so much for your loyalty and for understanding what we are all about. Your candid comments are very much appreciated, I am sure I can speak on behalf of all NYC hotels, NYC offers a lot of energy and excitement and with that comes noise. We can’t wait to welcome you back, please let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
London
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at the BPH for two nights last week on business. I was in a Junior Suite on the 5th floor with a fabulous view over the park. The room was quiet and spacious. My bathroom was very well appointed with bath, a luxurious walk-in shower and very well stocked with great robe, Moulton Brown amenities.

As a business traveller the desk served perfectly for work and the free WiFi is a blessing... hate hotels that stiff on that.

The event that we held in the basement bar was perfect. It all happened so smoothly on an organisational level and the staff were attentive and perfectly mannered to the guests whom we hosted there. The great fresh food was remarked on by all.

Thank you to the whole team for a great mid-town NYC experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LondonWorldClass
So glad that your event was a success and that enjoyed the amenities and the staff. I couldn’t wait to share your review with everyone here at the Bryant Park Hotel. We would love to have you back, so come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was just staying at the Bryant Park Hotel on a business trip and was so pleased with everything! The staff are fantastic, the beds are so comfortable and for being right in the middle of Manhattan it was oddly quiet. I live in a wilderness setting away from any kind of hustle and bustle and loved that they had nature sounds in the room already going at turn down! I also loved the amenities in the bathroom. Great Molton Brown products.
The location is perfect for anything you want to do in Manhattan!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Stars! We are very grateful for your generosity! We really appreciate your mentioning that although we are in the middle of Manhattan we are more on the quiet side, but isn’t it nice to know that just a few blocks away is Times Square. Having the park across from us definitely helps make the neighborhood feel more tranquil. I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I and 2 friends had the wonderful experience of staying for a weekend at the Bryant Park in mid March.The hotel is located in a perfect location with Bryant Park being right across the street for a morning cup of coffee,being close to Times Square to see a play, just a short ride to Central Park,, one half block to the NY Public Library and of course wonderful shopping in every direction! The staff were courteous, professional and attentive.The room was good sized and comfortable. I can't wait until we can go again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Norma F
Thank you for giving us a 5 and for your thoughtful praises regarding the staff! I am also very happy to hear that you and your friends had a great stay and enjoyed the neighborhood. We would love to have you back. If I can ever be of assistance please call upon me. Enjoy! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I spent 2 nights at the Bryant Park Hotel. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very spacious. Great amenities in the bathroom, Molton Brown! Overall it has a great boutique hotel feel right in the centre of the city. Would recommend to anyone!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 stars! That puts huge smiles on our faces. I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay and will recommend us. I hope you come back soon.
dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Sheffield
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We recently spent four nights at the Bryant Park hotel staying in a suite overlooking Bryant Park.

Pros;
The room was spacious, clean & very well maintained.
The staff, without exception, were brilliant - always ready to help & assist with a smile.
The location couldn't have been better for us. Immediately adjacent Bryant Park & The Library, and within walking distance to all the things we wanted to see.
The noise from the street was not intrusive - very different to some of the New York hotels we've stayed in previously.
Very professional security to check that only keyholders were allowed access to rooms.

Cons;
The hotel is set up for much younger people than us. The music in the lobby was loud & intrusive (fortunately only in the evenings ) which extended into the lifts at the same volume.
There was no seating area in the lobby where I could sit & read a newspaper whilst waiting for my wife to get ready!
Very dark corridors.

Overall a first class hotel, but unfortunately the emphasis on the younger set would preclude us from returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sparky1947
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your review on us, I am so glad that you felt safe and that our staff took such great care of you. We consider ourselves an adult hotel and your honest feedback is greatly appreciated. You gave the readers some great advice and may have even helped them make their choice of stay a bit easier. Thank you again! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com