“great location and very good staff”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed at bryant park hotel on business. Really impressed with the staff who were very helpful and friendly. Found us a good nearby restaurant at 7pm Saturday night when everywhere was full. Doorman recognised us after one day. The only slight disappointment was the average breakfast and unwelcoming cellar bar. Location was great though, especially the lovely park opposite for alfresco lunch

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,824)

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three days over Easter for an eagerly awaited trip. Was not disappointed.

The location is excellent and the rooms spacious and comfortable. Being offered a bottle of water at check-out (and again when collecting our bags) was a really nice touch.

All hotel staff were excellent (although the bar staff really thought that they were something special).

Would return to the Bryant Park without question.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Thats me and wife just home from our second stay at the bryant park, and what else can i say except this hotel should be the only hotel you stay at when in N.Y.C....we spent our honeymoon here two years ago and decided to celibrate our anniversary here and from the moment we checked in until the moment we left all the staff couldn't have done more for us... From getting our room upgraded to one with a view off the fabulous bryant park, the prosecco card and balloons in our room to the amazing concierge who booked all our show tickets and restaurant reservations for us....thanks to all off you for helping to make our anniversary so special... We're already planning our next trip to N.Y.C which off course will be spent staying at the bryant park hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I stayed there for our first wedding anniversary. The staff made our trip extremely special with their help with planning and their service. Many thanks to Miguel, Kevin, and Nicole for making our trip and stay so memorable. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2014
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary! I am so happy to hear that Miguel, Kevin and Nicole had such a positive impact on making your special stay such a memorable one. They are amazing and deserve the recognition; I couldn’t wait to share your review with them. We are so glad that you will come back! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is an excellent hotel conveniently situated in the heart of midtown Manhattan, close to theaters, Times Square, shopping, Grand Central and the NY Public Library.
The rooms are large and clean with every amenity a modern traveler expects. The view from a front room is over Brant Park with the Library on the extreme right. The noise from the street below is considerable if you're in any front room, despite the fact that there is adequate double glazing on all windows. What made things worse during my stay was the building construction going on for 24 hours at the corner of 40th street and 6th Ave., about 100 yards from the hotel. Noise would probably be considerably reduced in a back-facing room or on the highest floors.
Attention to detail and service is superb... mini-bar restocked during my every absence and cleaning done at every opportunity. My breakfast arrived exactly on time every morning.
The hotel offers guests free drinks in the bar lounge (Cellar) between the hours of 5pm and 6pm. Unfortunately the place is so dimly lit that one is not able to read bar menus. I noticed a number of patrons had brought small flashlights into the facility for this reason. Drinks are extremely expensive with a glass of mediocre white wine costing $15.
The restaurant attached to the hotel (Koi) is also outrageously expensive with a mix of sushi and American cuisine that doesn't quite work. It's exceptionally crowded with tables very close to one another and the noise level from so many people crammed into a small space is appalling.
The cost of the rooms is extremely reasonable and represents good value as long as you don't eat or drink at the bar or restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor possible to minimize street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank John M
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your very thorough review. I am very happy to hear that you felt our attention to detail was superb. I am very proud to say that we really do have the best employees in the business. Your praises regarding cleanliness were very much appreciated. Our Housekeeping Department works very hard and it is so nice to see them receive such great recognition. I am so sorry that construction too place outside the hotel, I wish we had control over NYC construction projects. I realize it’s not a complete solution but as an option we provide ear plugs and a sound machine for such events. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of the open bar and as I am sure you noticed the theme is pretty gothic, hence the dim lighting. You gave the readers some great insight on our hotel and I want to thank you for that. I hope during your next visit to NY you will stay with us again. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Unfortunately I was only here for one night. The reception desk was very friendly, the room as spacious (esp. by NYC standards) and the bathroom probably one of the nicest I have ever found in New York City.
The location is fantastic, the park across the street an added bonus and the subway is right around the corner as well.

I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 stars for one night! Thank you so much for your wonderful praises and I am so glad that you will be back. I hope you will be able to spend more time with us. If I can ever be of assistance please call upon me anytime. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Fantastic location right in the middle of everything. Reception desk excellent: johnny Clutch simply amazing!!! Room service with private dining efficient and polite. Love my room 507. Love my room 507

Room Tip: Room 507 on bryant park is amazing
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for giving us a 5! I also appreciate your praises regarding John and our Private Dining. They all work so hard and it is really nice to see them receive such great recognition. I am glad that we were able to create some great memories for you! Room 507 is now your room; I may just have your name on the door. Come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com