“Exceeded all expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Oxfordshire, UK
“Exceeded all expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

A family of 4, we stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in April. We had read the reviews and had high expectations as a result. The pre-arrival service by email and phone were exceptional. However the level of personal service on arrival, coupled with the stunning views of the park and city from our 7th floor room, exceeded what we had imagined.

A huge thank you to Sarah, Miguel, Steven, and Eric for their really attentive service - nothing was too much trouble and we never saw the energy levels of the front team drop.

As for the sleep and comfort levels, the beds were wonderful and rooms spacious and quiet (save for the odd NYC siren). We had a junior suite with children in next door double double - perfect arrangement.

The bay window made the views extra special, and the park below was stunning with the sun streaming through the trees. Convenience was fantastic - everywhere seemed in walking distance.

A big thank you - frankly we wouldn't now consider anywhere else in NYC when our next trip comes along.

Room Tip: Call the hotel - they will advise specific to your needs, and you can rely on it.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
WOW! Your review was amazing. I couldn’t wait to share it with Sarah, Miguel, Steven and Eric. I am so fortunate to have them working with me and it is so well deserved. I am glad to see that you and your family had a great experience and that we were able to help create some wonderful memories. We can’t wait to welcome you and your family back. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Korean first
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I almost hate to write this because I don't want to let out the secret of this spectacular hotel, but what the heck everybody already knows. We arrived very early and the room was not available. So went exploring with the assistance of Nikki. She also recommended the Red Flame Diner (2 blocks from the hotel) for a Sunday Morning breakfast. It was a great classic diner.

Went to see Motown the Musical, just before we left we ask Sara at the concierge desk about after show dinner options. It took all of 2 minutes and she had a resevations at Sardi's. She had wonderful suggestions for special out of the places in NYC.

The room was very comfortable and quiet. The housekeeping staff provided an immaculate room with a nightly turn down service. Being cross the street from Bryant Park gives a tranquil setting in the middle of Midtown. The bathroom was modern and almost as large as the sleeping area.

After the first day Stephen would greet us personally when ever we entered or departed. Everyone at the hotel always made you feel welcome. It was obvious the people at the Bryant Park really enjoy what they do.

In the future The Bryant Park Hotel will be our NY destination.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing the secret and for giving us a 5 and for taking the time to write such a beautiful review. I couldn’t wait to share it with Nikki, Sarah and Steven as well as the Housekeeping Department. You touched on so many wonderful aspects of your stay and it really means a lot to us. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The staff is delightful. I was upgraded to a lovely room and, as a returning guest, cookies and a nice letter awaited my arrival. Was impressed by the fitness center--clean, good condition, lots of options, and water/towels/apples. ove the Midtown location and Le Pain Quotidien is about 5 storefronts west--perfect for breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for queen suite upgrade
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful praises and for your loyalty with us especially since you have over 400 hotel in NYC. I am very happy that you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back again! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Bryant Park six or seven times now, and it has become our favorite hotel in NYC. The staff is wonderful -- they all remember your name as you come in and out, and could not be more friendly or helpful. They always know (without us having to tell them) that we are return visitors, and upgrade us to either a suite or a room with a view of the beautiful park across the street. Even the most basic rooms though are extermely comfortable, and huge by NY standards, with wonderful, luxurious bathrooms. They are clean and spare and light, with hardwood floors and minimalist furniture, but with every convenience you could ever want. And the internet is free! Moreover, the hotel could not be more conveniently located. It's less than a 10 minute stroll to Times Square (yet totally away from the noise and the honky-tonk aspects of that area) and equally accessible from the West Side and the East Side, uptown and downtown. We have stayed in a number of NYC hotels over the years, and the Bryant Park stands head and shoulders above all of them, even ones that are considerably more expensive.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us a 5 and for your loyalty with us! You have been with us so many times that we may just consider putting your name on the door! Thank you for your amazing praises especially regarding housekeeping, those ladies and gentlemen work extra hard. You also gave the readers some great advice. We can’t wait to welcome you back again. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Saint Joseph, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Did not have a great view room, brick walls out of each window. But I didn't come to NYC to have a view out my room window. It was just a place to sleep till the next days adventures in the city. But we were treated like we had the best suite in the place. The place had not just doormen, but also elevator doormen! Great bed, spacious bathroom with a wonderful shower or a very very deep tub.(not whirlpool) Only complaint was the lack of hot water. Took forever for it to get barely warm at the sink, a little better in the shower. But we had thick, large towels, terrycloth robes and slippers. It is across from a their Bryant Park park. Within walking distance from many sights. Day of our departure they had a cab waiting for us to take us to the airport.
I want to repeat how great and attentive the staff is at the Bryant Park Hotel

Room Tip: Unless you "want" a room with a view get one without. You still get the same service, roo...
1 Thank justjoyce075
Thank you for your 5 star rating! I was very taken back with your generosity especially since you mentioned some concerns which I am so sorry about. I am glad that you enjoyed the staff and that you will come back again. If I can ever be of assistance please let me know. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We loved our stay. The location is perfect within walking distance of Times Square and yet located on a relatively low traffic street opposite to the beautiful park. The friendly and courteous staff made us feel very welcome. Our Superior Queen was spacious and comfortable. The only minor annoyance were the loud ventilators in the inner yard where our restroom faced.

Room Tip: Check out the sushi at Koi.
1 Thank Juha N
Thank you for staying with us and for rating us a 5! I am so glad that you loved your stay. You mentioned how beautiful our building is; we were actually built in 1923 and are a national landmark. Sometimes I walk across the park and admire the building myself, there are some amazing photo’s on line and famous paintings that have been sold at auctions for astronomical amounts. My apologies for the noise outside your restroom window, I am so glad that it did not have too much of a negative impact on your stay. Our staff really enjoys what they do and your compliments were immediately shared with everyone. I hope you come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Glen Spey, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this past weekend at the Bryant Park Hotel. It is in a wonderful location - Bryant Park is a perfect place to sit and have a cup of tea and read a book. It is close to more touristy attractions, but is still in walking distance to many of the smaller neighborhoods. Our room was beautiful, deal and cozy. We got there in time for the guest open bar hour at the Cellar Bar which was wonderful. We ate dinner one night at Koi, the restaurant located inside the hotel and it was wonderful. My husband ordered the short ribs and they were amazing. Overall, I think my favorite thing about this hotel is the level of customer service. The staff truly goes out of their way to make your stay special. They alone are the reason we will only stay at the Bryant Park Hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy Anniversary and thank you for celebrating it with us. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of some of the great perks such as the open bar at the Cellar Bar. We are very fortunate to have Koi as our hotel restaurant, I actually took my mom there for her Birthday a few years ago and she still talks about it. Our staff is the best in the business and I thank them every day, they love what the do and it comes natural for them. I hope to welcome you back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com