“outstanding for theatergoers” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“outstanding for theatergoers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed overnight for a theater weekend, and this is an outstanding alternative to the Times Square/Broadway hotels; Spacious, beautiful room, and the staff was attentive and kind. Not as pricey as places like the W or Marquis, and its proximity to the park and library is a plus.
We will return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Korean first
Hewlett, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I spent a night a the Bryant Park hotel and couldn't have been more pleased. The location is perfect: only a few block from the theater district.The hotel staff was consistently friendly and helpful. With out our asking they upgraded us to a deluxe park view room which was very spacious and comfortable by NYC standards. We called because we had left a couple of things behind by accident and they immediately retrieved them and arranged to ship them to us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a 5 star rating! I am so glad that you had a great stay and that the staff took such great care of you. I am also happy that we were able to recover the items you had left behind. I hope during your next visit t NY you will stay with us again. We would love to have you back. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I felt the need to write a review because of the stellar service I have received here. Too many hotels and restaurants substitute attitude and platitude in place of true customer service, and all I can say is that the staff at Bryant Park gets it. It doesn't hurt that the hotel and bathrooms are amazing as well!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us 5 stars! I am very fortunate to work with an amazing staff and I agree about your comments regarding other hotels. I have worked in a few NYC hotels and by far this staff is the most genuine and caring; they really love what they do. I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Toluca Lake, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I first visited and reviewed the Bryant Park Hotel back in 2010. I had a trip to NY coming up, and my first move was to book another room here, which was the best idea of the trip.

Within about a week of booking the room, I received an email from Nicole, Assistant Director of the Front Desk (per her email signature). These guys keep great records, and they flagged me as a returning guest, which meant Nicole reached out to me thanking me for booking with the Bryant Park Hotel again and offering any assistance as my stay got closer. This was also no automatically generated email from an unmanned email account, when I replied to Nicole with questions and special requests, she would respond immediately.

I arrived in NY at 6am on a red eye from LA, and went straight to the hotel. Nicole (different Nicole I believe, and I think she spelled her name a bit differently) was at the front desk to give me a great welcome. This Nicole was able to find me a room right away, despite the fact we were more than 6 hours from the actual check in time of 3PM.

Steven from the front of house took charge of my car keys (free valet on Friday and Saturday nights!) and hustled the bags up to our room right away.

The room was perfect this time around as it had been in the past. Completely spotless, very modern, but still very warm, and very large for a city known for postage stamp sized rooms. Everything from the seating area, to the his and hers robes, to the great shower was absolutely wonderful. The Bryant Park even has a service that is missing from some of the nicest hotels I stay in, turn down service with chocolates left on your bed and a pair of slippers sitting adjacent to the bed.

The real cherry on top of this amazing sundae was when Jose from room service showed up with a special gift sent from Nicole (this time the Assistant Director or Front Office) for my wife and I which came with a handwritten note thanking us for our return visit.

If all of the above isn't enough to get you to stay at the Bryant Park Hotel, consider that it is located across the street from it's namesake park where there are tables and chairs to relax in but also only a very short walk to the hectic and overwhelming Times Square, and only a slightly longer walk into the Theater District.

The Bryant Park Hotel is like no other, and it should be on the top of the list for anyone visiting NY.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow!! what an amazing review. I couldn’t wait to share it with the entire staff here at the Bryant Park Hotel. Nicole happens to be standing right by my side while I am writing this. She is very touched by your review and say’s a big “thank you”. Nikki and Stevenson I am going to nominate for employee of the month, they have both been amazing and we are so lucky to have them. Private Dining Jose is also a great asset with us and I made sure his Director is aware as well. A million thanks and we all hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Bryant Park for 7 nights last month and it was fantastic. We loved the location, and our suite had a great view of the park. Bryant Park is an oasis of calm in a crazy, loud and busy city. Everything about our stay was perfect. Staff were particularly friendly and helpful, especially when checking in and out. This hotel is a cut above the competition and we will return just as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite with a park view. Its worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing us for your long stay! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed it and that our staff was able to help create some wonderful memories. If you are ever back in NYC I hope you stay with us again. Feel free to contact me anytime. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Dallas TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stay here frequently for work, as the hotel location is right across the street from my office. There is nothing wrong with the place, it's basically a W-style room that is nicely decorated (good bathrooms in particular). The staff is friendly, though oddly they have a bouncer stationed near the elevators at nearly all times. The hotel is just a bit odd, as there is techno music playing in the lobby and people that clearly like to go clubbing milling around the lobby at all hours. Doesn't appear to be many professionals or business travelers staying here. Room service options are a bit nicer than the average hotel, as Koi downstairs serves room service sushi that is decent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank texguy32
Thank you for your kind words about the staff. Regarding the bouncer by the elevator, he is actually a security guard, before allowing access to our guest floors we must verify that everyone is a guest first. Safety first! We look forward to welcoming you back. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

From check in to check out 4 days later we were made to feel like appreciated and well cared for guests. Wonderful continental delivered daily and right on time as part of our package.
A real value in the upscale NYC hotel market. These folks get it right and we will be back.
Nicki at the front desk is charming.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 9th floor and it was quiet and sunny.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple