“Special trip to New York”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Special trip to New York”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was a special birthday trip to New York for my wife and Bryant Park Hotel made it extra special. All the staff couldn't do enough for us and we're extremely helpful, I can't recommend this hotel enough, they thoroughly deserve a 5 star rating. They upgraded us to a Junior Suite overlooking the park which was totally unexpected and thoroughly appreciated. The complimentary happy hour in the bar was excellent and well appreciated by a Yorkshireman.

The hotel is conveniently locate for Times Square and other attractions which can be walked to.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room away from lifts.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Happy Birthday and thank you for celebrating it with us. I am so glad that we were able to help create some wonderful birthday memories. Thank you for all of your praises especially regarding the Cellar Bar staff. I hope you come back soon and maybe you will consider making us your special birthday spot. Best regards Darren, Dsumner@bryantparhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (802)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My son and I stayed two nights in New York City. The Bryant Park hotel was perfect. The room is super clean and modern. It was so nice that we didn't even want to leave the room.
The location was close to everything. Everyone was so friendly and nice. It was a perfect hotel for our short stay in New York city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a 5 star rating. I am so glad you and your son had a blast and that you enjoyed the hotel and staff friendliness. I also appreciate your praises regarding cleanliness, our Housekeeping team is the best in NYC and I have worked at a few hotels so I can attest to that. You were so kind to take the time to share your experience and it means a lot to us. I hope you come back soon. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Houston
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a junior king suite. It was super clean and had all the amenities you would expect. Security was great! And the concierge was fabulous! Located just across the street from the Bryant Park, it makes for a fabulous people watching experience. And it was only a few blocks from Times Square.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jdsjohn2
I love the description your daughter used when you both walked in. Thank you for giving us a 5 and for the huge compliments. I am very fortunate to work with amazing people and they all work so hard. We really appreciate your praises regarding Security, Housekeeping and Concierge. I hope you and your daughter come back again soon. If I can ever be of assistance please let me know. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at The Bryant Park Hotel for 5 nights, and didn't want to leave! Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted by staff at our cab; there was a TV show filming in The hotel's restaurant, and there was slight blockage of the entrance with onlookers, but staff got us in and settled to perfection. We were on the 17th floor with a gorgeous view of Bryant Park across the street. The Molton Brown amenities are fabulous, and moments after arrival, we were presented a warm welcome card from the hotel with a Molton Brown gift and saltwater taffy gift box. Service from the whole staff was nothing short of perfect the entire stay. There was always a smile from them, and always an offer to assist.

The location was central to so much--a Subway station just steps away, Bryant Park, Times Square and much more. Bonus: Lady M next door for the best desserts you've ever had.

If you're not staying at The Bryant Park Hotel while in NYC, you're doing it wrong!

Room Tip: Select a park view on a high floor--gorgeous
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
WOW! Thank you for such an amazing and thorough review. I am so happy you felt your stay was 5 star worthy. You gave the readers some great advice and I am sure they will appreciate it. Thank you also for recognizing the staff, it really means a lot to us. I am glad you enjoyed the special amenity and I hope we get to welcome you back again. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Sound Beach, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is the second review I've done for The Bryant Park Hotel. We were so delighted with our initial stay in January for my husband's birthday that we decided to make it our go to place to stay when we are in the city. The reason is simple, the staff is superb. Consistently pleasant, attentive and welcoming beginning with Steven at the front door, a lovely young man, to Nikki at the desk we were made to feel very welcome. Sarah the Concierge was knowledgeable and helpful with dinner suggestions, reservations and directions to different attractions. Darren Sumner the Front office director was very approachable and accommodating. The Hotel's central location makes it easy to access everything the city has to offer. The junior suite on the 19th floor was beautiful and comfortable. Having such a great place to stay motivates us to take more trips into the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a Park view
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Your 2nd stay with us and another generous 5! Thank you so much for making us your home away from home and for your wonderful praises. I couldn’t wait to show your review to Nikki, Sarah and Steven. You were also so kind to mention my name in your review, I am glad we were all able to help create some wonderful memories. We can’t wait to welcome you both back. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

There's just something about coming to New York that you get to stay in a gorgeous historic Art Deco skyscraper, centrally located fronting on to a beautiful park steps from Times Square, Broadway theatres, Rockefeller Centre and the MOMA.

That's exactly what you get at the Bryant Park Hotel. It may be historic but the interiors are comfortable and very modern. On my most recent visit I had a great room fairly high up with a view over the park. It was wonderful sitting by the window seeing trees with a backdrop of city towers.

I can't reiterate enough how great it is to be right on the Park. It's filled with people playing games, chatting, reading or just hanging out. There's cafés and coffee shops all around. Despite it's bustle, it's soothing and you can pass many happy hours just there.

I had a very generous bathroom with a huge soaker tub, separate shower, and Molton Brown bath products. I particularly appreciated the large counters right by the sink, you could unpack several suitcases on those counters and still have room.

The bed was very comfortable. Staff are efficient and extremely friendly. Wonderful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris C
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a 5 and for appreciating a piece of history. I am so glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed all that our hotel and neighborhood have to offer. We would love to have you and your family back again. I recommend coming over the winter time when the park transforms into a beautiful winter wonderland with an ice skating rink. All the best! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We recently went to New York for the first time while the kids were at camp. We wanted a hotel that was very central and close to everything and we wanted something affordable. The Bryant Park hotel was spectacular. It is across from a beautiful park which has movies, amateur plays, music and other activities happening all the time. It also has a great restaurant. The hotel is very close to Central Park, Times Square, 5th Avenue and you an access buses and subways right out the front door. The rooms are small but very modern , clean and very comfortable. They have a club in the basement which can be a good place to go for a drink. They have happy hour for guests for an hour Monday to Friday for free. The service at the hotel was excellent. Nikki and Sarah gave us a lot of great information about New York , where to eat and things to do. Everybody always says good morning and was very accommodating. It is a medium size hotel downtown New York that feels like you are at small town family ran business. I would definitely stay there again when I go back to New York.

3 Thank chantalnewell
How exciting, your first trip to NY and you chose us! Thank you so much and I am so happy to hear that you left NY with such a great impression. You made us feel like we really had a part in helping create some wonderful memories for you. Your praises regarding Nikki and Sarah are amazing, we are so fortunate to have them both working with us and they will be so thrilled to see their names mentioned. I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com