“Good Hotel. Nice Room. Nothing Exceptional. A Safe Bet!”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Oldwick, New Jersey
“Good Hotel. Nice Room. Nothing Exceptional. A Safe Bet!”
Reviewed 29 November 2008

Came in from NJ for a romantic weekend with my wife the day after Thanksgiving. Black Friday in NYC is not for the weak! The city was jammed packed as were the stores, but the hotel was VERY quiet. We checked in on Friday after making a last minute reservation on Weds. We were able to upgrade to the Bryant Park Suite which was very large for any hotel room, especially for a NY hotel. Christian the reservations manager was great to work with and helped us out tremendously. The room had a sitting room, and 1.5 baths. Nice glassed in shower and very large tub in marble bathroom. Bed was not huge nor the most comfortable to sleep on but it was ok. Room was very stark with a white color theme. In fact I don't think there were any photos hung on the walls! Our room overlooked Byant Park which was quite nice especially with the ice skating rink below. The location of this hotel cannot be beat as its sits right in the midle of the city at 6th and 40th street. I actually expected something more exciting, cool, different, etc. but this was just a nice hotel. Very good but not headturning! Nothing you'd write home about which is the only negative thing I'd say. We'd probably stay somewhere else next time for something different but this is a safe bet!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing stood out as exceptional.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NJDevilsfan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 November 2008

Stayed here for a week in a Deluxe Queen room. We got quite a good deal directly from the hotel. After a gruelling 18 hour flight from Hong Kong we called the hotel to ask if we could check in early (it was 7am) and luckily they agreed which we were very impressed with. The normal check-in time is 3pm which quite frankly I think is ridiculous!

The room itself was a decent size but very dark as the window was small and we had a side-view of the park. However, the bed was REALLY comfy with a flat screen TV which unlike most hotels was at the right height and the right size for the room. The bathroom was large with Molton Brown amenities and a well pressurised shower. As some previous reviewers have mentioned this hotel is only for fans of minimalism.

The best thing about the hotel would definitely be the location which is in mid-town which is convenient to get everywhere in Manhattan.

The only slight negative is that some of the hotel staff forgot to smile in an effort to look cool. I guess that's the price of cool. Despite that, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mr&MrsSmith
Iceland
Reviewed 18 November 2008

I am a frequent traveler and a sucker for good hotels. For the last six years I have visited New York once a year and stayed at many different hotels. This year I found my hotel. The Bryant Park has everything one can wish for. Beautiful architecture, excellent beds and the linen floats around you. The room has a big beautiful bathroom, with large and thick towels. The Hotel has an excellent location, only a few minutes walk to the theater district, half an hour stroll to SoHo and Central Park. The Bryant Park is just opposite the hotel, with a beautiful garden and in the winter you can go ice skating. The staff was superior and knew exactly how to take the best care of their gests.
All of you looking for a good hotel, treat yourselves well and stay at The Bryant Park, you won’t be disappointed.

I had to prolong my stay because my husband got sick. The stay that could have been very difficult became easier for the sake of the friendly staff at The Bryant Park. We were upgraded to a suite and I felt like a Queen, with a beautiful view over all Manhattan. The hotel staff became our family and did everything to make our stay as pleasant as possible, under our circumstances.

I don’t have to look any more for a hotel in New York. I will stay at The Bryant Park hotel next time I visit.

Matthildur, Iceland

• Stayed November 2008
CA
Reviewed 13 November 2008

We travel to New York several times each year, and have
enjoyed stays at a variety of great hotels in the city. Our
very recent stay at the Bryant Park Hotel, though, was easily
one of our very best.

We were given a great room - a 'junior suite', overlooking
the Park - an upgrade, though we'd reserved at a bargain
rate. The room was very spacious and comfortable, with
up the minute furnishings. The bath, with large, separate
shower and tub!, was also large, commodious, and well-
designed, something very unusual in New York.

Wonderful, helpful, cheerful staff. And, of course, what a
terrific location, on Bryant Park.

Stayed November 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 November 2008

There are few things in New York that make me as happy as a park view room in the Bryant Park Hotel. In the supper the green trees and grass provide a calm dychotomy to the busy city, and in the winter the ice skaters seem so peaceful. The rooms are fantastically modern and minimalistic. The service is fantastic, anything you need is just a phone call away. If you stay multiple times the hotel staff even remembers your name when you arrive. I love this hotel. (the breakfast in bed packages are a great way to get room service, a late check out, and a great room, all in one)

• Liked — the minimalist room
  • Disliked — Check in/out - front desk staff is useless
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 November 2008

This was my second stay at the Bryant Park Hotel, and it was every bit as good as the first. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The room service is discreet and unobtrusive. The location of the hotel is excellent -- it's midtown, very good for seeing the sights and getting to locations all over the city.

I was travelling alone and needed a nice, quiet room in the city. My room didn't have a view, but it was a good place to be in all other respects.

I recommend this hotel unreservedly.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the view
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
los angeles
Reviewed 10 November 2008

My 4-year old and I have stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel twice recently (and I've stayed there alone on business) and I am in complete agreement with his review, "Dad, can we stay here every time we come to NY"?

I've been to several dozen hotels in NYC in recent years from the highest end to the best budget. Bryant Park has a great location, rooms that are a perfect blend of elegant design and real comfort and attentive but not intrusive staff. The rooms over the park offer a peaceful view of a quintessential midtown city landscape.

The staff is exceedingly friendly and efficient. On both recent visits we have received a complimentary upgrade without requesting it. The bathrooms are large and as well-furnished as the best hotels. And the beds are so comfortable that sometimes I wish we weren't in New York with so many things to do just outside the front door.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business