“I couldn't imagine a better experience”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 April 2009

The location overlooking Bryant Park is perfect. I had considered staying in Times Square, but this nearby location turned out to be ideal. The staff is incredibly friendly and were available to help with anything. I was blown away by how great the room was. I loved looking out the many windows at the picturesque Bryant Park. The bathroom was very luxurious and the perfect place to come home to after a long day in the city. The staff helped hook us up with great theater tickets. We definitely took advantage of the open bar in the Cellar Bar located in the hotel basement. I can't wait to come back and am already planning my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 April 2009

We arrived late evening from on our flight from Paris on Saturday night. I was not familiar with this property when I booked it. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by friendy, smiling and honestly helpful staff. The hotel's decor has modern tones, black tiles, deep red walls and yet warm and welcoming lobby. Our room also had a very modern decor and the nicest surprise was the bathroom. For Manhattan, it is rare to find such a large upscale bathroom. Marble floors, large sink, plenty of storage space, separate tub and shower, and Molton Brown amenities. I enjoyed every minute of my stay, as well as our late night drinks at the cellar bar which by the way is a New York hotstpot. Well done!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2009

I have just returned from a trip to New York with 3 friends. We had a brilliant stay at the Bryant Park Hotel. The staff are so friendly and very helpful. The service was exemplary. I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting New York. The Location is perfect and the bonus is how gorgeous Bryant Park itself is, particularly when the sun is shining. Would love to go back in the summer. It is within walking distance to the Empire State Buliding, Broadway and Times Square. The hotel is just off 5th Avenue so perfect for shopping.

The room was spacious and spotless, as was the bathroom. Perfect for 4 girls to stretch out with all our cases and shopping. We all loved staying at the Bryant Park Hotel and I certainly hope to stay there again on my next visit. We will miss the lovely doormen!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2009

This was my second stay at the Bryant Park Hotel in 2009 and it was especially rough. Although the location is good if you need to be in mid-town Manhattan, expect LOTS of street noise if you are located in a room that is not on the 15th floor or higher. On both visits - including my first stay when I was upgraded to a suite - I had to transfer rooms because of loud construction noise on the streets below the hotel. And even after complaining about the noise and transfering rooms twice, they just shuffled me to another loud room on the 10th floor. The rooms are also tightly packed on the floors and the walls are thin, so you will hear your neighbor's front door slam shut at night. I was also disappointed that my room was not cleaned when I arrived back at the hotel at 3 p.m. even though I had left that morning at 7 a.m. Lastly, my pre-ordered room service never arrived to the room the next morning; however, to the hotel's credit, they delivered the food after I called and ultimately did not charge me for the order. Bottom line is that there are plenty of other great hotels in Manhattan...why settle for subpar service and a noisy room at $350+/night?

Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank LAPRGirl
Reviewed 11 March 2009

From the minute we walked in the door we were treated to a most positive experience.The lovely Victoria with her warm smile and positive attitude greeted us and we felt assured this was where we wanted to stay. We were invited on a room tour by Darren, a most hospitable guest relations director. We checked in to a clean and bright room. Lots of windows and lots of space. All of the comfort measures guaranteed us a home away from home! A plus for us was the proximity to the Fashion District -it allowed us ease of time for business to be done during Coterie. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2009

I successfully bid on an auction item at a chairty event for a 5 day trip to NYC and Fashion Week and was booked into the Bryant Park Hotel. I stayed for 7 days with a friend and loved the hotel. The service was exceptional, every single staff member was pleasant to deal with and so kind to us. without hesitation they moved us from our original room with only one bed to another room with two seperate beds, eventhough they were fully booked. The staff at the hotel was probably one of the best staff I have ever had at any hotel I have ever stayed at. It was a true pleasure to stay at The Bryant Park Hotel!

Only part of the hotel we weren't in love with was that our room's shower was flush with the floor which lead to a wet bathroom floor and there was no fan in the bathroom, otherwise it was fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank PandaGrl1234
Reviewed 23 February 2009

Hotel location was ideal for our attendance at a runway show. Just a hop, skip and jump from the tent location and very little disruption in light of the proximity to the park. Rooms were roomy for NYC, with pleasantly large bathrooms, featuring soaking tub, walk in shower and large vanity. Front desk staff extremely pleasant and willing to help with even simple things, like the street address to a specific restaurant. Bar downstairs great for after dinner fun, with awesome music and cool scene. Patrick, who was smiling in the lobby early on Saturday morning, was more than happy to help us with our numerous bags, gave us a great lead on a fabulous breakfast place and had our car ready and loaded up as we were returning from breakfast to leave for home. Only two minor complaints: The "free drink" coupons were not accepted at the bar, as the drinks we ordered were not "covered" and the doorman on Friday night directed us to "walk up a block" to get a cab, instead of flagging on for us on a very cold night. Overall, our expectations were exceeded and we will come back the next time we're in town.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends