“Excellent Labor Day Vacation”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #13 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Coral Gables Florida
“Excellent Labor Day Vacation”
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We loved the hotel. The location was outstanding, near everything. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. They recommended an excellent Italian restaurant near the hotel. Also they recommended the Red Flame restaurant for breakfast which was three blocks from the hotel and was very good. We asked the girl at the desk how to go to Elmhurst, I used to leave there in the 60s and she started looking for the address. She could not find it and told me that she will bring it to my room. Much to my surprise ten minutes later she showed up at our room with detailed directions, I was impressed. When we departed we told the concierge to get us a taxi. We checked out and when we went out he had the taxi ready with all of our bags already in the trunk. Our vacation was superb and we attribute a great part of it to the hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oakley1219

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 9 September 2009

This hotel is very recently renovated with very comfortable beds and updated bathrooms. Our room was large and was one of the few with 2 queen sized beds, which was perfect for me and my adult daughter. The park across the street is lovely, and while you have to walk a few blocks to get to where all the activity is at night (the hotel is in more of a commercial area---within 5 blocks of the theatre district and Times Square), it was worth it. There are several coffee shops and delis within a one block distance, but they are not always open.

• Stayed September 2009
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I stayed here for one night while wrapping up my birthday weekend. The hotel itself is pretty hip, with house music playing in the lobby/elevator and dark colors (especially red) all over. The location is great for shoppers, and close to Times Square too.
The doorman was polite, took my bags and led me in. The gal at the front desk was super sweet (I cant remember ber name but it started with an A) and upgraded me to one of the two Raymond Hood suites, so cool! The room is huge and very different from the lobby - light hardwood floors, white walls, and white/lavendar colors all over but kept with the minimalist look of downstairs. There was a huge living area, dining area with table & 4 chairs, and a half bath off the living room. I had great views of Midtown and Bryant Park from TWO balconies. The bathroom is huge, seperate tub and shower but I wish there was more counter space. The towels and bathrobes were super soft
We didnt dine at the restaurant or go to the bar but when we returned from dinner there was a crowd outside and a bouncer too.. Im guessing the bar is a pretty happening place (its open until 4am afterall!) It would have been fun to check it out if I wasnt so tired
My one minot complaint- We had ordered room service for breakfast and though it was brought up rather quickly, the food was just room temperature - my waffles, his omelette, the fruit, but it was still pretty tasty
Overall this is a fab hotel that looks great and has friendly quick service. I cant comment on the price unfortunately as it was a gift but I imagine it to be on the higher end - well worth it, I'd say! It;s definitely for younger people or singles (or young singles :) and i can see myself staying here again when Im in NYC - hopefully I'll visit the bar too!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Just did a weekend trip and stayed at the Bryan park hotel. Very nice room, got a free upgrade to a view. Spacious room and great bathrooms. Helpful staff and clean throughout. The night club in the basement is overpriced and noisy but cannot be heard from the room.

Northport, NY
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We frequent Manhattan about six times a year, staying over when we make plans for dinner and a show. This was our fist visit to TBPH but it won't be our last. In fact, if it's available we would dream of staying anywhere else. The room was beautiful and immaculately clean. The staff was pleasant, helpful and made us feel very welcome the moment we arrived. We highly recommend this wonderful hotel and with beautiful Bryant Park right across the street, you can't ask for more!!!! Bravo the staff at TBPH.

1 Thank Millie61
California
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Walked into the Hotel our room wasn't ready, they offered me to store luggage (tha was good) this is around 1pm.
When I went to the concierge desk he wasn't helpful it all, very snob & looked at me like I was a tourist...he didn't have any idea on the new restaurants or lounges in town (example like "The Gates" or "Griffin" or "Minetta Tavern") he couldn't get us a table or guest list because of a lame excuse!

We come back in the afternoon around 6pm our room was ready, the we went to the bar around 7pm (it was empty with very OLD MUSIC PLAYIN') the hostess was very loud & annoying.

Overpriced drinks...!

Room was a good size, necessary furniture...I like that!
Bathroom lovely!

Walls are looking old, the red in the lobby is so 90's NEEDS A MAKEOVER!
Koi was outstanding!

2 Thank HotelsPR
Dublin,Ireland
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel for one night on the 6th of August, to say this hotel is a delight to stay at is an understatement.

Easily the most professional staff I've ever dealt with, particularly the front desk staff.! Hotel and location could not be better.

Our room was on the 14th floor, even though it was facing on to Bryant Park, we had the most amazing nights sleep, no disturbances at all, absolutely beautiful views from the room onto the park and Library (NYC public library) The room itself was completely decked out in all modern amenities. We thought the Wi-Fi was a free option, turns out its paid service, which is no big deal, might be an issue for some business users. Bathroom was superb, free Molten Brown supplies and a service to buy more if needed.( im sure the hotel would provide some free samplers if needed)

Dinner in the restaurant was pricey but delicious, can't really fault it at all. You pay for quality everywhere.

Overall I can't recommend the Bryant highly enough, fantastic service, location and staff.

Stay here, you wont regret it.!!!!