“Highly recommended!!!”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 December 2009

It was our second time in New York, and i can only praise the Bryant Park hotel! We stayed in a standard room which was a really good size with an excellent bathroom and a view of the park opposite. The ameneties were brilliant, the bathroom was stocked with Molton Brown toiletries which were a great treat, the bed was turned down each evening and even the ice bucket refilled each day! The room was very clean, the location of the hotel was excellent (near Macys, Times Square and the Empire State) and the staff were extremely helpful. The doorman ran down the street in the pouring rain to hail us a taxi to the airport. We plan on staying here again and i would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,781)

Reviewed 28 December 2009

I loved every part of my experience at the Bryant Park Hotel. I reserved via email with Christopher Jevis, and every experience with him far exceeded my expectations.

On arrival there was a bottle of champagne on ice in the room. We had a view of Bryant Park and the ice rink, which was great.

The room (junior suite) is large by any hotel standards, but enormous by NYC standards. The windows were a little drafty, that was the only nitpik thing.

The beds were comfortable, and they use duvet covers rather than comforters (much less gross, since the covers are washed with each guest). The bathrooms were nice, and the Molton Brown products were awesome.

The location was very nice, across the street from Bryant Park, walking distance to Times Square and the theaters.

The hotel bar is really popular. The bartenders there are pretty hot and all done up in leather bras, that might be part of why. There was a line to get in the bar every night.

I don't think I'll ever stay anywhere else in NYC.

Reviewed 27 December 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Bryant Park. I actually booked it via priceline and think we got a pretty reasonable rate for this place at around $280 a night.

The room was on the small side -- I think the smallest they offer. We probably got put into this due to the priceline booking. BUT - the room had a lot of very strong positives - for one it was on a corner so had windows on both walls. And the bathroom even had a window which was very nice. The room looked great and for the most part was comfortable. The bathroom was also very nice and stylish.

The hotel overall is fine - kind of dark. But fine. Service was fine but they don't go out of their way to help you out.

Location is great.

I'm pretty sure that I would return or at least consider it again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2009

Right when we checked in the mood was set, we had booked a room without a room but they upgraded us to one with a view and it was just delightfull.
We maybe came in the right season but it was so cute when it started to snow with the christmas market right outside, there's the cutest little bar with hot drinks and a fire and you could roast marshmellows. And the location is just right, you want to go see a musical? No problem, just a few blocks away, you want to shop? no problem Madisson and Fifth avenue are like righ next door and the hotel is like situated in an oase in this big city because once u get to Bryant Park with (in december) it's scating rink and all the cute shops, its' not like ur in a big city and u can relax. And in the summer its a nice quiet park. I just loved it, and the rooms are designer but functual, and the tub is very roomy and comfortable. When coming to NY whatever u plan on doing, it's just a great home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
10  Thank travelaadict
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I have to say, I come to NYC alot on business and have stayed at a myriad of hotels usually around the same area since it is within walking distance to our offices on Broadway and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed in! I also have the fortunate opportunity to come to NYC on pleasure trips to visit the sights and relatives. I would highly recommend this hotel for either type of traveler.

The rooms were very large for NY the beds amazingly comfortable which means ALOT after a day of meetings or days of sightseeing and shopping. The bathrooms were huge and the shower refreshing...the tub was huge and perfect for that relaxing soak before a night on the town! The robes, the extra blankets, the bath/spa products, the umbrella "just in case"....wonderful touches to the weary traveler. The location is excellent since you don't want to have to worry about being too far from the major "places to see" you can get to a show quickly, Time Square, the subway if you are adventurous ;-) great restaurants etc...the staff was wonderful and very accommodating..from Chris out front who helped with luggage and a cab to Darren at the desk who managed to make me smile and laugh after a grueling day or early in the morning when I hadn't had my coffee. The Koi restaurant had outstanding food if you don't want to venture out.

I cannot say enough. I came home and within 24 hours had told everyone that I had THE hotel for them in NYC! I felt like I could return there time after time and it would be like coming "home" .So thank you to Darren and the entire staff and rest assured, I will be back. Your hotel is enchanting. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2009

Thank you soooo much! I can't wait to share this with my team. I am glad I put a smile on your face. We all need a good cup of coffee to start our day :). Please let me know when you are returning, I will personally look after your stay. Happy Holidays! Darren

Reviewed 15 December 2009

I stay in NYC often, and have the opportunity to stay in some of the boutique properties. Typically there are a handful of pseudo-useful amenities in the rooms, but the desk staff tends to be on auto-pilot. NOT SO at the Bryant Park! The room was comfortable and clean (and quiet too!), the bathroom spacious. I felt very well cared for at every opportunity. They were attentive, helpful and considerate without being over-the-top or smarmy. Authentic customer service is a rarity these days, and I appreciated their approach. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are all looking forward to your return.

Darren

Reviewed 15 December 2009

First of all, like a madwoman I decided my 18 y/o daughter and I had to see NY at Christmas time during possibly the busiest pre-Christmas weekend of all time. I was literally seeing crappy rooms fly off the shelves at three times their regular rack rate. On a recommendation from a regular reviewer (and with a rate of nearly 50% off via Tablet) I went ahead and booked here even though I'd started off looking for something completely different. First- Location, Location, Location. Outside of the Battery if you can walk, you can get there from the Bryant although I found there's not reason to travel too far to anything. It's both a convenient AND picturesque location. The hotel itself is a visible landmark from many areas so even if you're not familiar with the area, it's hard to get turned around. Definitely upgrade to a room with a view and get as high a floor as possible. I wound up on the 5th and the view was still decent. Second, service. I barely rested my head there much over our three day stay, but EVERY encounter with ALL staff was commendable. Third the decor... sleek, modern yet still comfortable. The room was phenomenally spacious considering it IS NYC and things are just smaller here and OMGosh, the Bathroom? You could have a party in there. I nearly cried tears of grief when I had to come home to my own shower. I don't know how the Bryant gets that awesome water pressure but the rain-style shower head was so good I think I showered for an hour and felt no guilt about wasting water. The Moulton items were ok- I was not as impressed as some other reviewers- the body wash reminded me vaguely of my grand other's Palmolive dish soap but the shampoo and moisturizer was yummy enough that in the future when I book here again (and I will) I wouldn't think of bringing my own. The towels and linens all heavenly, the pillows soft and fluffy. A noise machine and ear plugs are provided so if the sound of the city bothers you there are options but I for one slept like a baby after traipsing around midtown non-stop especially with the incredibly soft purple knit blanket which I dubbed "The woobie" and I fought over it with my daughter. In fact I don't know why anyone would even consider noise a problem in NYC- it IS the city that never sleeps and that includes firetrucks, taxis, noisy trucks, crazies, you name it. Part of the charm IMO. There's an iHome style iPod charger/stereo in addition to the noise machine, a flat panel TC, minibar, safe. Large closet, robe and slippers, umbrella- all the details seem to have been covered, and well. The turndown service was especially nice- the room was a comfortable temperature (warning- in winter the hallways were HOT so coats off downstairs) the lighting dimmed, chocolates on the pillow, etc. The roll down shades, sheers and curtains were plenty enough to keep the light out. I didn't get down to the Cellar bar but peeked in- very cool, (wish I'd had the time to hang there) and because it was a short stay didn't really use the hotel services but I'm sure based on everything else they'd be just fine. Within just a few buildings there are places for grub- Pax on the corner was ok (good breakfast outside the icky hashbrowns) La Pain Quotidien was OUTSTANDING for lunch and Lilly O'Briens Irish Chocolate shop is the place for hot chocolates (and they are open late). In all a great place to stay- I would recommend for business, for romance, for tourism. Not a place I'd recommend for families with little children- modern means sharp corners and this is a quiet place I'd not like to see disturbed by even the wailing of my own children. Older teens who can behave quietly in public would adore it. Literally and sincerely I can not WAIT to go back.

Stayed: December 2009
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2009

WOW! what a review. You surely have an eye for detail. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate your feedback. Everyone seems to have their favorite molton brown product, I am glad you found yours. The tub is huge, we can always loan it to you :)

Please let me know when you are returning again! Happy Holiday Darren (Dir of Front Office and Guest Services) 212-869-0100