“Don't bother looking anywhere else”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 468 Hotels in New York City
North Houston, Texas
“Don't bother looking anywhere else”
Reviewed 29 December 2009

From the first telephone contact with Christopher to the final smiling wave of the doorman after obtaining our cab to the airport Bryant Park fulfilled every expectation. Super speedy and efficent check-in and a lovely surprise bottle of champagne perfectly chilled and waiting even tho we were late in arriving. We drank the delicious Secco (sp? in our incredibly spacious and lux jr suite with balcony overlooking the skaters in the Park. It was the ultimate romantic end to a harrowing day of travel. The room had a Bose CD player so I brought music but they have an iPod docking station. Great fluffy robes and slippers, awesome shower and soaking tub.
Room service was prompt and order was perfectly executed, lots of thoughtful extras.
Cellar Bar was very cool, waitstaff in black leather.
Four doors down is also a Le Pain Quotidien and one block over excellent Szechuan Gourmet restaurant. (Lang Shen also good) along with lots of Bryant Park vendors makes this a great location.
But most important were the staff. They could not have tried harder to make everything about our stay as perfect as possible. Even with all the wonderful amenities this hotel has to offer it was the people running it that made the real difference to our visit. We would never stay anywhere else when visiting the city in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Korean first
Bolton
Reviewed 29 December 2009

It was our second time in New York, and i can only praise the Bryant Park hotel! We stayed in a standard room which was a really good size with an excellent bathroom and a view of the park opposite. The ameneties were brilliant, the bathroom was stocked with Molton Brown toiletries which were a great treat, the bed was turned down each evening and even the ice bucket refilled each day! The room was very clean, the location of the hotel was excellent (near Macys, Times Square and the Empire State) and the staff were extremely helpful. The doorman ran down the street in the pouring rain to hail us a taxi to the airport. We plan on staying here again and i would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
wisconsin
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I loved every part of my experience at the Bryant Park Hotel. I reserved via email with Christopher Jevis, and every experience with him far exceeded my expectations.

On arrival there was a bottle of champagne on ice in the room. We had a view of Bryant Park and the ice rink, which was great.

The room (junior suite) is large by any hotel standards, but enormous by NYC standards. The windows were a little drafty, that was the only nitpik thing.

The beds were comfortable, and they use duvet covers rather than comforters (much less gross, since the covers are washed with each guest). The bathrooms were nice, and the Molton Brown products were awesome.

The location was very nice, across the street from Bryant Park, walking distance to Times Square and the theaters.

The hotel bar is really popular. The bartenders there are pretty hot and all done up in leather bras, that might be part of why. There was a line to get in the bar every night.

I don't think I'll ever stay anywhere else in NYC.

Boston
Reviewed 27 December 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Bryant Park. I actually booked it via priceline and think we got a pretty reasonable rate for this place at around $280 a night.

The room was on the small side -- I think the smallest they offer. We probably got put into this due to the priceline booking. BUT - the room had a lot of very strong positives - for one it was on a corner so had windows on both walls. And the bathroom even had a window which was very nice. The room looked great and for the most part was comfortable. The bathroom was also very nice and stylish.

The hotel overall is fine - kind of dark. But fine. Service was fine but they don't go out of their way to help you out.

Location is great.

I'm pretty sure that I would return or at least consider it again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Antwerp
Reviewed 26 December 2009

Right when we checked in the mood was set, we had booked a room without a room but they upgraded us to one with a view and it was just delightfull.
We maybe came in the right season but it was so cute when it started to snow with the christmas market right outside, there's the cutest little bar with hot drinks and a fire and you could roast marshmellows. And the location is just right, you want to go see a musical? No problem, just a few blocks away, you want to shop? no problem Madisson and Fifth avenue are like righ next door and the hotel is like situated in an oase in this big city because once u get to Bryant Park with (in december) it's scating rink and all the cute shops, its' not like ur in a big city and u can relax. And in the summer its a nice quiet park. I just loved it, and the rooms are designer but functual, and the tub is very roomy and comfortable. When coming to NY whatever u plan on doing, it's just a great home away from home.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
10 Thank travelaadict
Dallas
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I have to say, I come to NYC alot on business and have stayed at a myriad of hotels usually around the same area since it is within walking distance to our offices on Broadway and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed in! I also have the fortunate opportunity to come to NYC on pleasure trips to visit the sights and relatives. I would highly recommend this hotel for either type of traveler.

The rooms were very large for NY the beds amazingly comfortable which means ALOT after a day of meetings or days of sightseeing and shopping. The bathrooms were huge and the shower refreshing...the tub was huge and perfect for that relaxing soak before a night on the town! The robes, the extra blankets, the bath/spa products, the umbrella "just in case"....wonderful touches to the weary traveler. The location is excellent since you don't want to have to worry about being too far from the major "places to see" you can get to a show quickly, Time Square, the subway if you are adventurous ;-) great restaurants etc...the staff was wonderful and very accommodating..from Chris out front who helped with luggage and a cab to Darren at the desk who managed to make me smile and laugh after a grueling day or early in the morning when I hadn't had my coffee. The Koi restaurant had outstanding food if you don't want to venture out.

I cannot say enough. I came home and within 24 hours had told everyone that I had THE hotel for them in NYC! I felt like I could return there time after time and it would be like coming "home" .So thank you to Darren and the entire staff and rest assured, I will be back. Your hotel is enchanting. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2009
Thank you soooo much! I can't wait to share this with my team. I am glad I put a smile on your face. We all need a good cup of coffee to start our day :). Please let me know when you are returning, I will personally look after your stay. Happy Holidays! Darren
Seattle
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I stay in NYC often, and have the opportunity to stay in some of the boutique properties. Typically there are a handful of pseudo-useful amenities in the rooms, but the desk staff tends to be on auto-pilot. NOT SO at the Bryant Park! The room was comfortable and clean (and quiet too!), the bathroom spacious. I felt very well cared for at every opportunity. They were attentive, helpful and considerate without being over-the-top or smarmy. Authentic customer service is a rarity these days, and I appreciated their approach. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are all looking forward to your return.

Darren