“Overall, a nice place”

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overall, a nice place”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

On the plus side:
- Huge windows-- lots of light.
- Huge bathroom (with a tub-- rare in NYC).
- Molton Brown toiletries. (Major plus in my book.)
- Hardwood floors! No scary hotel carpet!
- Very courteous and friendly staff.
- The cafe next door (Lily O'Brien's) makes a decent cappuccino... and you get free chocolate with it.

Negatives:
- This is a matter of personal taste, but I thought the bed was extremely uncomfortable. As in hard as a rock. I know some people go for that, but I was disappointed.
- No iron/ironing board. How odd.
- Room service was open 24 hours (nice, given that I got in after midnight). But it was expensive (even for NYC), and nothing to write home about.
- It's 2010. Wifi should be free. (But I have to admit, at least this was fast.)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
East Meadow, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2010

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at the Bryant Park and both times have been fantastic. We checked in quickly and were given a room on the 7th floor. when we got upstairs and saw that it was right by the elevator we went back to the front desk and requested a different room. We were given a room on the 10th floor that was away from the elevator in a quiet corner. Since we stayed during the week there was a free open bar from 5-6 in the Cellar bar. Everything about our stay was wonderful - the room was clean and quiet, the staff was friendly and helpful and the location is great. We can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2010
So glad you loved us and that we met your expectations again 2nd time around. We loved having you and I hope your 3rd stay approaches soon. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Darren Sumner, Director of Front Office and Guest Services. Dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
rhinebeck
Reviewed 19 August 2010

This was our third stay at the Bryant Park Hotel and it was the best one yet. To start with, the staff is fabulous. From the moment we arrived and Eddie at the door took care of our luggage and car (and remembered our name), we were off to a great start. Nicole at the front desk remembered my youngest daughter and made sure to let us know about some events in Bryant park she would enjoy. Bryan, the events planner, suggested fabulous pre-theatre restaurants and got us a couple of last minute reservations.

The modern decor and spacious rooms added to the experience. Our older teens and tweener all have different interests, but love the rooms, the comfy beds, the view of Bryant Park, and the Moulton Brown toiletries. As parents, we agree. It is also great to come back to the room, spread out and play some games after a day at the museums and being a tourist. We especially like the thick robes, towels and slippers that are in the room.

Finally, the location can't be beat. Right across from Bryant Park and all its activities (outdoor movies this time) and just blocks from the theatre district, the fashion districtt, subway lines at the end of the block and a couple of blocks to Grand Central to catch even more subways -- the Bryant Park is the perfect home base to tour New York. We easily made it to a musical, to the Metropolitan museum, Soho, and Greenwich Village this trip, eiiher walking or taking the subway (the staff is very willing to help make sure you get the right train).

Our family highly recommends the Bryant Park Hotel and is looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your amazing review and gracious comments about Eddie, Nicole and Bryan. I couldn't wait to share it with them. You seemed to remember every detail of your stay, we really enjoyed reading it and are so happy that you had a great time with us. If I can ever be of assistance in the future, please let me know. All the best, Darren Sumner Director of Front Office and Guest Services. Dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 August 2010

great hotel! spacious and very clean rooms and bathrooms, very comfortable and equipped with all kind of amenities. the location is great, 5th avenue as well as times square are just a few steps away. the bryant park in front of the hotel is a great place to relax! the stay at the bryant park hotel made our new york trip unforgettable!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. it was a lovely hotel and out of the hustle and bustle. easy walk from city center. our room was nice thought we would have a better one though as given a deluxe room, i asked to change but hotel was full all time we stayed. we didn't spend lot of time in the room so no big deal. We were very relaxing with the Bar and restaurant at hotel. breakfast excellent included the room rate. it was a very European hotel. Great location and great value would definitely stay again

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I enjoyed my brief stay at the Bryant Park as I always do. In particular, this one night was much improved by the excellent service provided at the front desk by a kind gentleman named Darren who was welcoming, pleasant, and offered me an upgrade to my room that enhanced my stay and only made me want to get back there even sooner! The hotel is for sure chic and when I stay there, I feel a part of all that I look for in Manhattan. Just a great place and I look forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2010

my husband and i planned an anniversary trip to nyc, which included a yankee game. i booked the bryant park hotel because of location, great reviews and great price for the area. we arrived early in the morning around 9 am. we knew our room would not be ready (check in time isn't until 3 pm), so we checked our bags. valet parking was free if we got our car before 2 pm the next day. the staff was nothing but extremely nice and helpful. they offered to call and email when our room was ready. after walking around for a few hours, we called the hotel around 130, and our room was still not ready. We headed over to the hotel at 245 - still no room. After sitting in the lobby for another half an hour, with many other people arriving and checking in, ours was still not ready. at this point, we were going to be late for the game if we didn't get into the room soon, so my husband went to talk to the concierge - and our room was immediately ready. not sure what the hold up was. the room overall was great - really spacious, especially for nyc. the bathroom was gorgeous - all marble and really modern. we received a note that there would be a parade closing down 6th ave the next morning, so they wouldn't be able to access the valet garage between 10 am and 6 pm. we called for our car at 830 am, expecting a half an hour wait as we were told by the front desk. we checked out at 9 and waited outside for our car. at 1030, our car pulled up. during the time we waited, we were assured at least twice that the car was on the road. the hotel contracts with a garage for their valet, so it was not the hotel's fault, but waiting 2 hours for our car was completely unacceptable. we were late for an engagement at home. the hotel staff was friendly and very apologetic for the valet, which was out of their control, but we spent a lot of timing waiting around.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple